[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Thunder Vs Knicks: just pretend it isn't happening...
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

12/25/2013  3:48 PM
On another note: Sage Steele is one attractive lady.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/25/2013  3:51 PM

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/25/2013  3:53 PM
TeamBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Travla wrote:They went to the basket some in the 1st but now they've forgotten how to do that.

Has to be the FOCUS of what you do in practice every day. I think if you want an aggressive team that attacks the basket you have to make that a primary focus of the offense and drill it. You have to have the team moving and passing all the time with no jumpers until they figure out how to keep moving the ball until they get the shot they want right at the basket. I can tell they don't work on that. Players off the ball have to learn how to move and present themselves as a passing target but you rarely see that on the Knicks offense.

So Nix, based on what you see, game in and game out, what do you think they practice every day?

Once in a while you see them run the Horns set, but other than that you don't really see any good off ball movement and crisp ball movement. I see a lot of ISO plays where the players aren't really creating looks off of that. JR never looks like he has any idea about team ball and looks like he's never actually looking to run anything except a play for himself. Beno isn't looking for his teammates enough either. Have to wonder how much they actually work on ball and player movement as a team. How many times have they completely missed the window to get Tyson the ball on the roll?

This team had to replace their layup line with passing the ball around the perimeter just to make sure they move the ball during the game. There's no chance in hell they practice ball movement. As for player movement, I'd be surprised if those words are even uttered around the facility. I find myself shocked whenever I see someone simply cut back door - which is rare itself.

This is what drives me crazy. You're looking for some signs of coaching in the little things the team does, but you don't see it. CUTS to the basket! Guys looking for each other and knowing where the cutter is likely to be coming from. Down screens for shooters like THJ. Curl plays for THJ. I mean if you have a kid that could develop into a weapon why not use the basic tools to get a kid like that off? Instead we have to watch JR dribble and throw up bad shots. If it's me every guard on my team would know how to execute a two man game with one of our bigs. There would always be at least one cutter on every post up we run.

nixluva
USA
12/25/2013  3:56 PM
Look at the movement in those halftime highlights for OKC. You can see the precision of their movement and passing.
TeamBall

12/25/2013  3:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Travla wrote:They went to the basket some in the 1st but now they've forgotten how to do that.

Has to be the FOCUS of what you do in practice every day. I think if you want an aggressive team that attacks the basket you have to make that a primary focus of the offense and drill it. You have to have the team moving and passing all the time with no jumpers until they figure out how to keep moving the ball until they get the shot they want right at the basket. I can tell they don't work on that. Players off the ball have to learn how to move and present themselves as a passing target but you rarely see that on the Knicks offense.

So Nix, based on what you see, game in and game out, what do you think they practice every day?

Once in a while you see them run the Horns set, but other than that you don't really see any good off ball movement and crisp ball movement. I see a lot of ISO plays where the players aren't really creating looks off of that. JR never looks like he has any idea about team ball and looks like he's never actually looking to run anything except a play for himself. Beno isn't looking for his teammates enough either. Have to wonder how much they actually work on ball and player movement as a team. How many times have they completely missed the window to get Tyson the ball on the roll?

This team had to replace their layup line with passing the ball around the perimeter just to make sure they move the ball during the game. There's no chance in hell they practice ball movement. As for player movement, I'd be surprised if those words are even uttered around the facility. I find myself shocked whenever I see someone simply cut back door - which is rare itself.

This is what drives me crazy. You're looking for some signs of coaching in the little things the team does, but you don't see it. CUTS to the basket! Guys looking for each other and knowing where the cutter is likely to be coming from. Down screens for shooters like THJ. Curl plays for THJ. I mean if you have a kid that could develop into a weapon why not use the basic tools to get a kid like that off? Instead we have to watch JR dribble and throw up bad shots. If it's me every guard on my team would know how to execute a two man game with one of our bigs. There would always be at least one cutter on every post up we run.

Establishing a system of ball and player movement needed to have been started the very first day of training camp. This is a low IQ team. It would take guys a while to know where to look, what passes to make and which ones to look off, what spots to be in so they don't occupy the same space often, and much more. I'm not saying it's too late but I feel like we'd lose a few games trying to figure it out, causing some of the guys to lose their belief in it working and then reverting back to one on one.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

12/25/2013  4:01 PM
And THAT is the reason Chandler is not included in the offense
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
TeamBall

12/25/2013  4:02 PM
Looks like this is where it gets ugly
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/25/2013  4:06 PM
I wonder if anyone on earth watched this game and thought: "wow, I must get myself one of those wonderful orange t-shirt style jerseys!"
Sangfroid

12/25/2013  4:07 PM
TeamBall wrote:Looks like this is where it gets ugly

No my friend, it's been ugly. This is where we abandon hope. If Woody can't control his "star", then we are trulydoomed.

Sangfroid

12/25/2013  4:09 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Woodson is axed after such a poor outing. Dolan hates to be embarrassed on national TV.
TeamBall

12/25/2013  4:10 PM
Breen and Clyde always talk Tyson up like he steers this team right and keep them focused but I don't see it. He's as mentally weak as the rest of them sometimes.
TeamBall

12/25/2013  4:11 PM
Sangfroid wrote:

No my friend, it's been ugly. This is where we abandon hope. If Woody can't control his "star", then we are trulydoomed.

You mean JR? Woody let him do what he wanted the 2nd half of last season without consequence. It's too late to reel him in now.
Sangfroid

12/25/2013  4:14 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

You mean JR? Woody let him do what he wanted the 2nd half of last season without consequence. It's too late to reel him in now.

This mope is on the first year of a three year contract. This is a perfect time to pull the leash.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/25/2013  4:15 PM
Those jerseys are reallly bad
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
TeamBall

12/25/2013  4:16 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

This mope is on the first year of a three year contract. This is a perfect time to pull the leash.

Oh yeah if there's a time to try to it's certainly now but it doesn't look like Woodys doing it. JR is our only real scoring threat right now but allowing him to take some of the shots he's put up this afternoon is a problem.
nixluva
USA
12/25/2013  4:18 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Those jerseys are reallly bad

Meh! I actually like them a little. I really like the shorts.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/25/2013  4:21 PM

Its unfair. NBA team against D-league team... Gross...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/25/2013  4:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2013  4:24 PM
nixluva wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Those jerseys are reallly bad

Meh! I actually like them a little. I really like the shorts.

This should be the dialogue for tnext James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell Sprint commercial.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/25/2013  4:28 PM
The team is poorly coached, they also are easily demoralized.

We don't show we have any schemes offensively or defensively.

This is being deliberately done i think by ownership.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/25/2013  4:29 PM
Silent Night

Nothing sadder than a quite Macison Square Garden, during a game

once a knick always a knick
Game thread: Thunder Vs Knicks: just pretend it isn't happening...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy