[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Thunder Vs Knicks: just pretend it isn't happening...
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/25/2013  3:06 PM
Amare cant back down this frontline , he has to go to his move quickly in the flow or he needs to sit down.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

12/25/2013  3:09 PM
playa2 wrote:Amare cant back down this frontline , he has to go to his move quickly in the flow or he needs to sit down.

Yeah if I remember correctly he got embarrassed by Ibaka last year. Need to attack differently.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/25/2013  3:10 PM
Woody needs to have Murry handle the offense at the top of the key and let JR play off the ball. JR is horrible making decisions with the ball. I know Murry is shaky but he's still safer than JR with the ball. I want JR thinking catch and shoot and that's it.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

12/25/2013  3:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:No Melo
No MWP
No Felton
No Prigs

Plus we're dressed up like elves to complete the humiliation on national tv!

We need a Christmas miracle- as Felton said "pray for us- no seriously"

Please add offensive futility to this "don't have" list. We are mired in this slump because we have no identity. That's on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. These guys don't run plays, because there are none
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Clean
Member: #743
12/25/2013  3:14 PM
no melo so we go ISO Amare.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/25/2013  3:15 PM
Double digit deficit took a bit longer to develop. That is an improvement.
Clean
12/25/2013  3:16 PM
Clean wrote:no melo so we go ISO Amare.

I hate this current team.

Sangfroid

12/25/2013  3:17 PM
Clean wrote:

Don't hate the team, hate the plan. Or lack of one.
playa2

12/25/2013  3:18 PM
Perfect game for prigs and Felton to play in, i agree Murray should learn on the job and build his confidence.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nixluva
USA
12/25/2013  3:19 PM
Clean wrote:

Don't hate the TEAM! How about we move the ball and get other guys involved in plays that have more than one option? You have to coach ball movement.

Travla
Member: #723
USA
12/25/2013  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2013  3:22 PM
only 6 points in the quarter so far.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
Travla
Member: #723
USA
12/25/2013  3:24 PM
They went to the basket some in the 1st but now they've forgotten how to do that.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
nixluva
USA
12/25/2013  3:29 PM
Travla wrote:They went to the basket some in the 1st but now they've forgotten how to do that.

Has to be the FOCUS of what you do in practice every day. I think if you want an aggressive team that attacks the basket you have to make that a primary focus of the offense and drill it. You have to have the team moving and passing all the time with no jumpers until they figure out how to keep moving the ball until they get the shot they want right at the basket. I can tell they don't work on that. Players off the ball have to learn how to move and present themselves as a passing target but you rarely see that on the Knicks offense.

Clean
12/25/2013  3:34 PM
JR Smith is the worst
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/25/2013  3:35 PM
Hope this isn't reversed.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sangfroid

12/25/2013  3:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
Travla wrote:They went to the basket some in the 1st but now they've forgotten how to do that.

Has to be the FOCUS of what you do in practice every day. I think if you want an aggressive team that attacks the basket you have to make that a primary focus of the offense and drill it. You have to have the team moving and passing all the time with no jumpers until they figure out how to keep moving the ball until they get the shot they want right at the basket. I can tell they don't work on that. Players off the ball have to learn how to move and present themselves as a passing target but you rarely see that on the Knicks offense.

So Nix, based on what you see, game in and game out, what do you think they practice every day?

playa2

12/25/2013  3:36 PM
Sometimes I think the reason why the knicks don't attack the basket, is because if the guy driving misses, nobody is gonna guard his man breaking back going the other way
nixluva
USA
12/25/2013  3:41 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:

So Nix, based on what you see, game in and game out, what do you think they practice every day?

Once in a while you see them run the Horns set, but other than that you don't really see any good off ball movement and crisp ball movement. I see a lot of ISO plays where the players aren't really creating looks off of that. JR never looks like he has any idea about team ball and looks like he's never actually looking to run anything except a play for himself. Beno isn't looking for his teammates enough either. Have to wonder how much they actually work on ball and player movement as a team. How many times have they completely missed the window to get Tyson the ball on the roll?
Clean
12/25/2013  3:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Once in a while you see them run the Horns set, but other than that you don't really see any good off ball movement and crisp ball movement. I see a lot of ISO plays where the players aren't really creating looks off of that. JR never looks like he has any idea about team ball and looks like he's never actually looking to run anything except a play for himself. Beno isn't looking for his teammates enough either. Have to wonder how much they actually work on ball and player movement as a team. How many times have they completely missed the window to get Tyson the ball on the roll?

You would think we would run some plays for people like Tim who we could use like a young ray allen. We hardly ever run plays but when we do 95% of them are to get an ISO.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/25/2013  3:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This team had to replace their layup line with passing the ball around the perimeter just to make sure they move the ball during the game. There's no chance in hell they practice ball movement. As for player movement, I'd be surprised if those words are even uttered around the facility. I find myself shocked whenever I see someone simply cut back door - which is rare itself.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Game thread: Thunder Vs Knicks: just pretend it isn't happening...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy