[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Nooner! Grizz in town.
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/21/2013  4:00 PM
Bargs is still getting great shots and opportunities. He gets open looks from three and the midrange but misses. He gets open drives to the rim but misses or get blk by the rim or defender, he gets post ups against smaller players and settles for a miss jumper. I kept an open mind with Bargs but dude is not playing well.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/21/2013  4:28 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Bargs is still getting great shots and opportunities. He gets open looks from three and the midrange but misses. He gets open drives to the rim but misses or get blk by the rim or defender, he gets post ups against smaller players and settles for a miss jumper. I kept an open mind with Bargs but dude is not playing well.

All you're really saying is that he's getting Shots, but the fact is that MOST of his shots are random and not a function of the flow of the offense and that is also true of many other Knick players. There's a huge difference between being a great shooter like a Steph Curry who can just shoot PERIOD and guys who can shoot a good % when they're in their comfort zone and taking the shots they can make.

I don't like many of the looks Bargs is getting. They're coming from sloppy offense and he's rushing shots and not stepping into them as part of a good play. I think that gets overlooked, but there's a reason that a team is more efficient when they run good offense.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/21/2013  4:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Bargs is still getting great shots and opportunities. He gets open looks from three and the midrange but misses. He gets open drives to the rim but misses or get blk by the rim or defender, he gets post ups against smaller players and settles for a miss jumper. I kept an open mind with Bargs but dude is not playing well.

All you're really saying is that he's getting Shots, but the fact is that MOST of his shots are random and not a function of the flow of the offense and that is also true of many other Knick players. There's a huge difference between being a great shooter like a Steph Curry who can just shoot PERIOD and guys who can shoot a good % when they're in their comfort zone and taking the shots they can make.

I don't like many of the looks Bargs is getting. They're coming from sloppy offense and he's rushing shots and not stepping into them as part of a good play. I think that gets overlooked, but there's a reason that a team is more efficient when they run good offense.

The guy is getting good open shots. The dude sucks right now

nixluva
USA
12/21/2013  5:18 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The guy is getting good open shots. The dude sucks right now

Bargs was 1-5 today. The looks he's been getting are not getting better, but getting worse. This offense stinks and they don't make use of the PnR anymore. I don't know what exactly you have been watching, but the Knicks have pretty much run a garbage offense and a guy like Bargs has to be involved or you basically lose him. Just cuz he's had a couple of bad games doesn't mean he's been used right this season.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/21/2013  5:26 PM
bargs is falling off the cliff at the moment.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2987/andrea-bargnani

Look no further than his december splits.

nixluva
USA
12/21/2013  5:51 PM
knickscity wrote:bargs is falling off the cliff at the moment.

Not having a good PnR PG and this style of offense is HORRIBLE for Bargs. We simply don't run the play he's most efficient running. Just cuz a player "getting good open shots" as Yellowboy90 is saying doesn't mean they're the best shots for that player. There's a very important distinction between an open shot and a great shot for a particular player. It depends on the skills of each player. Quite frankly this offense isn't creating a FLOW where guys are getting great shots that are in rhythm. Just watching this team you can see that they aren't comfortable. Most of the shots are made tougher by the way they get into them. Can't watch this team this year and not see how bad the flow is most of the time.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/21/2013  7:03 PM
MS wrote:This organization is such a ****ing joke. They need to stay in a hotel room so they don't go out and **** around the night before a day game. I have never heard of anything so embarrassing aside from 10 home loses before Christmas. Why is it that every other organization protects their picks they trade? Young players, stay flexible, don't sign questionable character guys to long term deals and make sure guys you sign do multiple things well. Is it that hard.

Melo needs to be moved ASAP for a package that includes draft picks as does Tyson Chandler. We have 1 guy that is worth keeping Hardaway Jr.

No Metta today? Bargs sucks, he can't defend, he can't shoot and creates fast break points for the other team. Woodsen needs to get it together

when I heard they were going to stay in a hotel. I laughed.. when you get to that point.. whats the use? too far gone...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/21/2013  7:04 PM
Clean wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
matt wrote:Bargnani is such a stiff I have no idea how Toronto put up with him so long. What a waste
Basically toronto begged a team to take him off their hands. Hell they even offered to take back a bad contract. then the knicks stepped in and gave away 3 picks including a 1st

LOL so true! Yet some people think it was a good trade.

LOL.. some thought we got a steal..... smh..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/21/2013  7:12 PM
nixluva wrote:

Not having a good PnR PG and this style of offense is HORRIBLE for Bargs. We simply don't run the play he's most efficient running. Just cuz a player "getting good open shots" as Yellowboy90 is saying doesn't mean they're the best shots for that player. There's a very important distinction between an open shot and a great shot for a particular player. It depends on the skills of each player. Quite frankly this offense isn't creating a FLOW where guys are getting great shots that are in rhythm. Just watching this team you can see that they aren't comfortable. Most of the shots are made tougher by the way they get into them. Can't watch this team this year and not see how bad the flow is most of the time.

how about save the assets used on a player the team didnt need and use it for a player they could use...still need a pg, and ironically the team who has one available just fleeced us on a useless player.

My theory is simple just wait til the fall the see the leaves on a tree fall, no need to do any raking on July 1st.

The team is bad because they have bad players primarily....no amount of coaching could change this.

tkf
12/21/2013  7:33 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

how about save the assets used on a player the team didnt need and use it for a player they could use...still need a pg, and ironically the team who has one available just fleeced us on a useless player.

My theory is simple just wait til the fall the see the leaves on a tree fall, no need to do any raking on July 1st.

The team is bad because they have bad players primarily....no amount of coaching could change this.

bingo!!!

GameThread: Nooner! Grizz in town.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy