[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Will John Wall be the latest guard to wiz all over the Knicks?
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/17/2013  9:17 AM
Too me a coach that doesn't and can't run plays has no basketball IQ

it's no different than a PG with no basketball IQ

It's bad when neither the players or the coaches have basketball IQ

You are right. The ball would've wound up in Melos hand for an off balanced heave in the half court but do we expect anything else at this point? The last time we hit a game winner it was Amare accident and that wasn't a buzzer beater

This team is rotten. They are a disgrace to the game of basketball and the NBA. They should be kicked out of the league

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/17/2013  9:18 AM
if the franchise and team weren't dysfunctional then arguing about who did what would matter.

but it clearly doesn't matter so stop sweating the specifics. last night's ****up is only a symptom of the systemic ****tiness of the franchise. they are playing under an oppressive ****cloud and nobody can think clearly.

that said i'll play along so here's my take on specifics:

"it all happened so fast." boo-hoo
"he should have at least grabbed him." what is even he doing out there?
"bargnani got pulled out by gortat." yeah, so? he's bargnani!
"melo grabbed the ball before i had a chance to call timeout." yeah guess what melo's a dunce.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/17/2013  9:55 AM
dk7th wrote:if the franchise and team weren't dysfunctional then arguing about who did what would matter.

but it clearly doesn't matter so stop sweating the specifics. last night's ****up is only a symptom of the systemic ****tiness of the franchise. they are playing under an oppressive ****cloud and nobody can think clearly.

that said i'll play along so here's my take on specifics:

"it all happened so fast." boo-hoo
"he should have at least grabbed him." what is even he doing out there?
"bargnani got pulled out by gortat." yeah, so? he's bargnani!
"melo grabbed the ball before i had a chance to call timeout." yeah guess what melo's a dunce.

pretty much sums up this mess dk...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Finestrg
Member: #1069

12/17/2013  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  10:14 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:There was a long gap between the bucket and the inbound. If he timeout is not getting called what do you do? This one is on he coach. You have 3 timeouts, even if the ball is inbound you can still use two timeouts to advance the ball to halfcourt, I believe. Also, when Chandler comes back late game D will hopefully be better.

Agree somewhat I guess -- Woody's probably the most to blame -- to the man's credit, he did say on his post game interview that he made a mistake by not reacting fast enough to call a timeout. Which, btw, shows without a doubt that there was no play to no-huddle it and rush Washington for a score. I didn't believe that was a set play at the time and Woody's comments prove it wasn't.

I just find it funny that while Woody's falling on the sword in his interview, Melo's telling the press that "we fully expected a timeout there." WTF is he kidding me? CALL ONE, THEN!!! Bull**** man, you weren't expecting anything Melo -- he became a deer in headlights. What he did was pull something akin to Chris Webber circa 1993 in the NCAA Championship game. Of course Webber's mistake was worse and slightly different but the theme is the same -- the best player on the team lost focus, sprinted up court with the ball with no idea what to do....Melo panicked his ass off and lost all sense of reality that last play.

My #1 culprit last night though -- Beno Udrih. Probably not being totally fair to the guy--he hasn't even been a regular player for us (his fault here btw when you get right down to it though--he's been that bad)--but this dude lost the game for us. Missed FT, absolutely ABYSMAL defense on the Beal drive with the wrong approach before the play even materialized (looking for help the whole way instead of digging in) AND THEN to complain, completely lose focus and inbound the ball to Melo when there was clearly no play there to be made. End of story. Time to turn the page.

TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

12/17/2013  10:15 AM
Finestrg wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:There was a long gap between the bucket and the inbound. If he timeout is not getting called what do you do? This one is on he coach. You have 3 timeouts, even if the ball is inbound you can still use two timeouts to advance the ball to halfcourt, I believe. Also, when Chandler comes back late game D will hopefully be better.

Agree somewhat I guess -- Woody's probably the most to blame -- to the man's credit, he did say on his post game interview that he made a mistake by not reacting fast enough to call a timeout. Which, btw, shows without a doubt that there was no play to no-huddle it and rush Washington for a score. I didn't believe that was a set play at the time and Woody's comments prove it wasn't.

I just find it funny that while Woody's falling on the sword in his interview, Melo's telling the press that "we fully expected a timeout there." WTF is he kidding me? CALL ONE, THEN!!! Bull**** man, you weren't expecting anything -- what he did was pull something akin to Chris Webber circa 1993 in the NCAA Championship game. Of course Webber's mistake was worse and slightly different but the theme is the same -- the best player on the team lost focus, sprinted up court with the ball with no idea what to do....Melo panicked his ass off and lost all sense of reality that last play.

My #1 culprit last night though -- Beno Udrih. Probably not being totally fair to the guy--he hasn't even been a regular player for us (his fault here btw when you get right down to it though--he's been that bad)--but this dude lost the game for us. Missed FT, absolutely ABYSMAL defense on the Beal drive with the wrong approach before the play even materialized (looking for help the whole way instead of digging in) AND THEN to complain, completely lose focus and inbound the ball to Melo when there was clearly no play there to be made. End of story. Time to turn the page.

What's so puzzling is Melo didn't even sprint. He casually dribbled the ball up the court like he had a full shot clock until about the mid court line where it's like he suddenly realized the only had 6 seconds. Bizarre.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
12/17/2013  10:20 AM
TeamBall wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

I just find it funny that while Woody's falling on the sword in his interview, Melo's telling the press that "we fully expected a timeout there." WTF is he kidding me? CALL ONE, THEN!!! Bull**** man, you weren't expecting anything -- what he did was pull something akin to Chris Webber circa 1993 in the NCAA Championship game. Of course Webber's mistake was worse and slightly different but the theme is the same -- the best player on the team lost focus, sprinted up court with the ball with no idea what to do....Melo panicked his ass off and lost all sense of reality that last play.

What's so puzzling is Melo didn't even sprint. He casually dribbled the ball up the court like he had a full shot clock until about the mid court line where it's like he suddenly realized the only had 6 seconds. Bizarre.

he has no awareness, he constant runs the ball down the sideline, the wizards recognized this and sent a defender directly at his right hand... so he had no where else to go as the sideline became another defender.... LOL.. it was a mess man..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Finestrg
Member: #1069

12/17/2013  10:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  10:25 AM
TeamBall wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

You're right. Jogged it up more like with no idea how much time was even on the clock until he got a good 5' past midcourt. Horrible. But there he is post game with his dumb hat on, licking his lips with the dumb wry smile on his face saying "we fully expected a timeout there." What?!? LMAO. Joke and a half right here, boy...and I'm a Melo supporter in general for the most part. Then make sure one was called, moron! What prevented him from calling a TO?? LeBron James calls a TO there for his team.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/17/2013  10:26 AM
In summary, Wall and Webster took a wiz on the Knicks
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/17/2013  10:30 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:In summary, Wall and Webster took a wiz on the Knicks

They came in with their bladder full.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

12/17/2013  10:32 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:In summary, Wall and Webster took a wiz on the Knicks

Knicks wizzed on themselves.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/17/2013  1:20 PM
Wall and Beal are going to be a terror in the future. Wizards are 2 players away from making noise in the playoffs. If they ever get a SF and PF then they will be contending in a very weak Eastern Conf.
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

12/17/2013  2:09 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Wall and Beal are going to be a terror in the future. Wizards are 2 players away from making noise in the playoffs. If they ever get a SF and PF then they will be contending in a very weak Eastern Conf.

We should try and trade them Melo.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
tkf
12/17/2013  2:31 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Wall and Beal are going to be a terror in the future. Wizards are 2 players away from making noise in the playoffs. If they ever get a SF and PF then they will be contending in a very weak Eastern Conf.

to me, wall still has a way to go when it comes to running offense, but he does have mad speed and is getting better shooting that jumper....

Beal is a smooth player, I like his game.. both guys still have their best years ahead of them and you are correct, with a piece or two, they can be scary...

Game Thread: Will John Wall be the latest guard to wiz all over the Knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy