[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Will John Wall be the latest guard to wiz all over the Knicks?
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/16/2013  10:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2013  10:49 PM
Clean wrote:LOL! this is pure gold! they asked shump did coach talk to you about what to if they score? Shump said no and I totally believe him. This coach needs to go!

Hilarious.

I swear to you all right now -- a bunch of 7-8 year olds and a coach who's just the dad of one of the kids would've come up with a better gameplan there at the end.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2013  10:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:LOL! Chris Smith is a possibility to play but Murry who is on the roster gets no mention.

Hope you're kidding.....

I wish I was kidding.

Its almost like they're trying to lose fans.

He was responding to a reporters question if bringing Chris up was a possibility. Isola just wrote an article about how Woodson wanted to keep a vet not Chris.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2013  10:58 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Clean wrote:LOL! this is pure gold! they asked shump did coach talk to you about what to if they score? Shump said no and I totally believe him. This coach needs to go!

Hilarious.

I swear to you all right now -- a bunch of 7-8 year olds and a coach who's just the dad of one of the kids would've come up with a better gameplan there at the end.

lol agreed

Gsus
Member: #4459

12/16/2013  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2013  11:26 PM
1) That was not Beno's fault, that was Andreas fault, Beno signaled for somebody to cut off the baseline, he signaled to them to be ready...Andrea watched everything and elected to guard Gortat at the three point line.

2) Everybody in the arena knew it was going to Beal, why wasn't Shumpert on him? With a foul to give, that's actually a good situation to have a guy who will gamble and foul for a steal on him...not Beno.

3) The entire team looked at Woodson because they weren't sure of what to do, and he had TIMEOUTS..not a timeout...TIMEOUTS..left, and he didn't use them. Why, with more than 6 seconds left? Even if you missed a shot, you would have a chance for a tap in or put back if it was a half court set. That time would not be there doing what they did, walking the entire length of court and chucking a shot.

You have Metta on the bench, and even Amare, who is a good help defender. They weren't gonna go one on one with Gortat, so having Andrea in there, the one thing he's good at, guarding one on one..wouldn't be useful.

This is why this man is outclassed in the playoffs. He plays checkers. He didn't do anything different in the last minute of a one point game from what he did the rest of the game. Real coaches play chess, they make defensive/offensive substitutions on every dead ball...AND THIS GUY HAD THREE TIMEOUTS TO UTILIZE A STRATEGY....and didn't do it.

Clean
Member: #743
12/16/2013  11:30 PM
Gsus wrote:1) That was not Beno's fault, that was Andreas fault, Beno signaled for somebody to cut off the baseline, he signaled to them to be ready...Andrea watched everything and elected to guard Gortat at the three point line.

2) Everybody in the arena knew it was going to Beal, why wasn't Shumpert on him? With a foul to give, that's actually a good situation to have a guy who will gamble and foul for a steal on him...not Beno.

3) The entire team looked at Woodson because they weren't sure of what to do, and he had TIMEOUTS..not a timeout...TIMEOUTS..left, and he didn't use them. Why, with more than 6 seconds left? Even if you missed a shot, you would have a chance for a tap in or put back if it was a half court set. That time would not be there doing what they did, walking the entire length of court and chucking a shot.

You have Metta on the bench, and even Amare, who is a good help defender. They weren't gonna go one on one with Gortat, so having Andrea in there, the one thing he's good at, guarding one on one..wouldn't be useful.

This is why this man is outclassed in the playoffs. He plays checkers. He didn't do anything different in the last minute of a one point game from what he did the rest of the game. Real coaches play chess, they make defensive/offensive substitutions on every dead ball...AND THIS GUY HAD THREE TIMEOUTS TO UTILIZE A STRATEGY....and didn't do it.

I have been saying the bold since we got swept by the heat in the playoffs.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2013  11:31 PM
Gsus wrote:1) That was not Beno's fault, that was Andreas fault, Beno signaled for somebody to cut off the baseline, he signaled to them to be ready...Andrea watched everything and elected to guard Gortat at the three point line.

Beno shouldn't have even been in the game at that point. You need to switch in your best defensive unit at that point, which should most definitely have included MWP instead of Bargs. You need as much range on D as possible since the Wiz have a lot of jump shooters and guards with speed. Also they were supposed to foul rather than give up a drive like that. In any event Woody F'd UP BIG TIME!!!

Gsus

12/16/2013  11:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2013  11:44 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Clean wrote:A writer said something that I totally agree with. He said if Kidd was on this team no way that would have happened. He would have called a timeout before melo asked for the ball and before woody had a brain fart.

Thank you...If it were me and I were Beno there -- F you Melo! We're calling a TO, ADVANCING THE BALL and getting the best look possible to win the game. I have no idea what the **** was going on in Melo's head -- and Beno displayed no veteran experience there at all. Come on Beno -- if Melo told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it? No intelligence at the end by everyone involved. That's it.

Just stop, man. I'm sour on the way Melo plays like the rest of them, but Melo played a very good game today...blaming this on him is retarded. He and the rest of the squad looked at Woodsons direction, he didn't signal for a timeout, and Beno was yapping at Andrea for not providing help defense. So the whole point of not calling a timeout is so you can get a shot before the defense sets, that's why Melo told him to hurry the **** up, so he can catch the Wizards.

It was obvious, though, the way Melo approached it, that he was flabbergasted and didn't know what the **** he was exactly doing..that's why he went, slowed down, went..chucked. He's never pissed, but he was demonstrative after the buzzer sounded...you could tell this is not what he was expecting.

Gsus

12/16/2013  11:36 PM
nixluva wrote:

Beno shouldn't have even been in the game at that point. You need to switch in your best defensive unit at that point, which should most definitely have included MWP instead of Bargs. You need as much range on D as possible since the Wiz have a lot of jump shooters and guards with speed. Also they were supposed to foul rather than give up a drive like that. In any event Woody F'd UP BIG TIME!!!

I agree. This is called coaching, right? I don't get how Melo can be blamed for this loss..this is all Woody.

Finestrg

12/16/2013  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  12:33 AM

I'm not giving Beno a pass here, sorry.

#1 -- With the foul to give no less, PLAY MUCH BETTER DEFENSE THERE JERKOFF!! GTFOH. Give the guy the baseline like that, come on. Stay in front of him. Force him right, toward the middle. Beno was playing that the whole way like he was gonna get beat. He was motioning like that for Pete's sake....How 'bout YOU DIG IN AND DON'T GET BEAT THERE! How' bout that? Agree with Nix -- Beno probably shouldn't have been in the game there but he was -- if you're one of the 5 guys standing at the end -- it's up to you to do the job. Beno approached that whole matchup saying 'help, help, help.' Never even tried getting a stop...Didn't care for that at all. Shit was weak. WEAK! Dig in and get a stop, you're an NBA player dammit!

and then #2 -- you don't just in bound the ball to Melo there with the game on the line with no plan. You said it yourself, we had multiple timeouts. Beno was frustrated getting beat, not get help, whatever the F and gave up on the game.

And of course, I do agree with you on Woody. Walt was saying it on the telecast the other night -- that coaches shouldn't be able to call timeouts from the sideline. BUT THEY CAN! Woody's gotta be screaming for a timeout there!!! I didn't see that.

Clean
Member: #743
12/16/2013  11:41 PM

Low Basketball IQ coach with his blank stares.

Finestrg

12/16/2013  11:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  12:28 AM
Gsus wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
Clean wrote:A writer said something that I totally agree with. He said if Kidd was on this team no way that would have happened. He would have called a timeout before Melo asked for the ball and before woody had a brain fart.

Thank you...If it were me and I were Beno there -- F you Melo! We're calling a TO, ADVANCING THE BALL and getting the best look possible to win the game. I have no idea what the **** was going on in Melo's head -- and Beno displayed no veteran experience there at all. Come on Beno -- if Melo told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it? No intelligence at the end by everyone involved. That's it.

Just stop, man. I'm sour on the way Melo plays like the rest of them, but Melo played a very good game today...blaming this on him is retarded. He and the rest of the squad looked at Woodsons direction, he didn't signal for a timeout, and Beno was yapping at Andrea for not providing help defense. So the whole point of not calling a timeout is so you can get a shot before the defense sets, that's why Melo told him to hurry the **** up, so he can catch the Wizards.

It was obvious, though, the way Melo approached it, that he was flabbergasted and didn't know what the **** he was exactly doing..that's why he went, slowed down, went..chucked. He's never pissed, but he was demonstrative after the buzzer sounded...you could tell this is not what he was expecting.

Re-read what you wrote here and then tell me Melo's not partially responsible. And if you go back and read one of my prior posts btw, I DID SAY this was a shame and that Melo played very well. Played his heart out is what I think I said. I'll blame who deserves the blame, and you blame whoever it is you wanna blame. How'd that be?

And for the record -- I'd bet anything Melo never looked over at the bench toward Woody for any guidance at all at the end like you're insinuating. Shit man, that's what he should've done! Instead, it was 'shut up Beno, gimmie the ball and watch me put my head down and win this.' That's 2nd grade basketball, not NBA basketball. NBA basketball, everyone's getting paid millions of dollars, including the coach...and the fans are shelling out top dollar for the event, even at home on cable. You use every advantage you have available to you to win the game -- fouls to give, timeouts, whatever. That's not only on Woody, the responsibility of what's going on around you really falls on everyone involved -- Melo and the PG Beno Udrih included (I still can't get over Beno -- calling for help the whole time like a frightened kitten saying 'he's about to beat me, where's my help?' when he had a foul to give and should've been 100% focused on playing aggressive defense there AND also his lack of focus inbounding the ball to a frustrated player when there was no play there whatsoever)...Heck, didn't J-Kidd even cook up the spilled drink incident to force a stoppage in play with no timeouts in order to strategize a play recently? Not saying that was right but point is -- there's an NBA coach that recognized the severity of the situation at a crucial point of a game and did what he thought he had to do. If Brooklyn had a timeout there, you better believe it would've been called. Just so happens he didn't and he came up with a way to stop play anyway. Kidd took matters a step further..LOL...WHERE'S WOODY SCREAMING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR A TIMEOUT THERE? Herb, Jimmy Todd, ANYBODY?? Woody, Beno AND Melo -- I blame all 3! Every time my wife laughs and asks why the last few mins. of a basketball game takes an eternity, I remind her why -- games are won and lost managing the clock down to the final tenth of a second. Tonight we saw none of that. Tonight she would've applauded. LOL.

I didn't bother to listen to post game interviews but if Melo said anything other than 'this is on me,' 'I had a complete lapse in concentration--didn't even know how much time was on the clock, forced the issue outta sheer frustration, etc.', then he's not being responsible. A timeout should've been called (doesn't matter by who---anyone could've/should've called it!!), the ball would've been advanced to halfcourt, and we would've had a real chance to win this game. We didn't even need a 3 for Christ's sake AND we had guys that were hot offensively..

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2013  11:46 PM
Haha people used to get so irritated when I would say our coach had low IQ like our players last year. I wasn't joking
nixluva
USA
12/17/2013  12:26 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Haha people used to get so irritated when I would say our coach had low IQ like our players last year. I wasn't joking

Hey that isn't a second guess. That's an issue that has been brought up for quite a while. With the team shooting the lights out last year Woody was being protected from any serious critique. He made mistakes and showed poor decisions and coaching but they covered up the fact with wins that really had nothing to do with him. Just cuz a team is winning games doesn't mean that the coach is necessarily doing a great job. Sometimes he's just along for the ride. The playoffs exposed him and this season has exposed him even more. Sure the team is not the strongest, but he's making so many bad moves and non moves that it's clear he's part of the problem.

Finestrg

12/17/2013  12:35 AM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Haha people used to get so irritated when I would say our coach had low IQ like our players last year. I wasn't joking

Hey that isn't a second guess. That's an issue that has been brought up for quite a while. With the team shooting the lights out last year Woody was being protected from any serious critique. He made mistakes and showed poor decisions and coaching but they covered up the fact with wins that really had nothing to do with him. Just cuz a team is winning games doesn't mean that the coach is necessarily doing a great job. Sometimes he's just along for the ride. The playoffs exposed him and this season has exposed him even more. Sure the team is not the strongest, but he's making so many bad moves and non moves that it's clear he's part of the problem.

Agreed. Dude was brutal tonight.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/17/2013  12:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  8:07 AM
Tonight proved that the coach and Melo need to go.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/17/2013  2:59 AM
Finestrg wrote:

Hilarious.

Ha ha, sad but true!

I'm not even mad about him not calling a timeout, as if he had all that would of happened is he'd have said "iso-Melo", the ball would have been immediately dumped to Melo, he would have dribbled a few seconds then missed a contested shot.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/17/2013  4:03 AM
Our coach doesn't have any strategies, he has no control over the team in the rare occasions he does, and the players don't have the ball IQ or talent to free lance.

Feels like we haven't had a coach who can draw up smart plays and players who can execute basic plays in over a decade.

nixluva
USA
12/17/2013  5:40 AM
We need a Coach and PG's. It's not like we get blown out every night. The margin is not that huge. Just a little execution would win most of these games. Just a little coaching would secure some of these wins. If it's not Shump making a dumb foul on George on a last second 3 or Woody not putting in his best defensive players and not calling a time out, its all the same kind of dumb mistakes.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/17/2013  8:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2013  8:25 AM
There was a long gap between the bucket and the inbound. If he timeout is not getting called what do you do? This one is on he coach. You have 3 timeouts, even if the ball is inbound you can still use two timeouts to advance the ball to halfcourt, I believe. Also, when Chandler comes back late game D will hopefully be better.
JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
12/17/2013  9:09 AM
We are all complaining and justifiably so that there should have been a TO there to advance the ball and draw up a play. But even if we did do all that, the play would have been to give the ball to Melo and GTFO of the way. We are way too predictable and we never score and those last chance plays. Teams know what we will do. There is no surprise. I blame Melo as much as Woody for no timeout. Do we have any sort of basketball IQ?
Game Thread: Will John Wall be the latest guard to wiz all over the Knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy