[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antoine Walker
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/27/2004  6:48 PM
While listening to 1050 ESPN Radio on my way home today, Wally and the Keeg were interviewing Frank Isola, a beat writer who covers the Knicks. When asked who the Knicks will MOST LIKELY have come October, Isola said Antoine Walker in a deal for Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson because the Mavs will be looking for toughness and defense and are willing to trade Antoine, and the Knicks are going to try to add a running mate for Marbury and Isiah likes players who grew up in Chicago like he did.

If he likes guys who grew up in Chicago, go after Eddy Curry. If that's the best they can do, I'm not really sure I like it. I'll have to see who else they trade for, who they draft, and who they sign, but I don't like 'Toine as a 2nd option.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2004  8:57 PM
"Antoine Walker in a deal for Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson "

I think thats a wet dream for us... No offense, I think with an expiring contract like Walker than can do a lot better than anything that returns Shandon Anderson. They already have Tariq Abdul Wahad rotting away on the bench. Howard and Daniels are better.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigSm00th
USA
4/27/2004  9:27 PM
The more I think about it the more I like it. If the Knicks could convince 'Toine to play downlow he'd be great.

Not to mention the Knicks could play 4 PGs at once. Penny, Marbury, Williams, and Walker. Put a finisher on the fast break like Tim Thomas in there and you run a nice transition game.
#Knickstaps
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/27/2004  9:29 PM
The more I think about it the more I like it. If the Knicks could convince 'Toine to play downlow he'd be great.

I'm all for it, as long as he aint chuckin up 3s every touch he gets.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/27/2004  10:04 PM
Isn't Walker an expiring deal? That's awesome. We can move him at the tradin deadline for a superstar on a horrible team makin too much money for them to swallow with all the loosing. Elton Brand anyone?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/27/2004  10:38 PM
Walker plays a little soft and at times and goes into some of the ugliest shooting spells a player can have. The Spells may suggest why Walker has low confidence. And the fans are less forgiving in NY, but if Lenny thinks he has a chance to motivate Mr wiggles, Walker may turn into one of the best trade deals Zeke could make this summer.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2004  10:44 PM
thats the stupidest idea yet. these people have to get real
let me see if i can do the math

antoine walker 1- 13.5 mm on contract
shanden andersen 3 years 24 mm
kurt thomas 4 years 30mm

just from a dallas perspective there is NOTHING i want from the knicks nothing i dont see one player that fits my team. Dallas would be better off giving walker to utah for nothing.

no one wants most of the knick junk especially shanden andersen. thomas possibly but its likely that wed have to take something like malik rose + a pick were not getting much more than that IF we can even get that anymore.

RIP Crushalot😞
Armondaone
Member: #379
4/27/2004  10:58 PM
whatever IT has to do to get rid of anderson do it. ill take tonie chucking for 1 year than deal with anderson missing lay ups for 3 years. once again IT Just Do it!!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/27/2004  11:12 PM
Sactown is throwing roses at Dallas cause they're soft. Money is not an object for Cuban....Dalas should welcome KT + SA + FWill for Walker.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Chico
Member: #666
4/28/2004  12:13 AM
while this doesn't get us a championship, it gets rid of our two longest contracts besides starbury and brings us an expiring one. kurt and shandon have no future on this team but they have 8 years between them on their contracts. In addition it gives us some kind of scoring big man. dallas is desperate for tough players to play alongside all their soft pretty boy jumpshooters. if we do the right thing with toine's expiring contract (meaning not sign him to a longterm contract, but trade his ass for youth, picks or athleticism), this deal would be a step in the right direction. We're not winning it all next year, but this could help us win it all in 3 years.
Chico
Member: #666
4/28/2004  12:16 AM
ALSO: the deal as mentioned also included us getting dallas' first round pick. this draft is being projected as the deepest ever in terms of big men. even a late first rounder could net us something nice (wasn't frank nitti a late first rounder?)

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/28/2004  12:19 AM
Kurt, Anderson, FWIll for Toine and Dallas' #1....

man, tough decision. Tough one. I probably would do it in hopes of re-trading Walker plus Deke, etc for a bigger star.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
4/28/2004  1:32 AM
Posted by martin:

Kurt, Anderson, FWIll for Toine and Dallas' #1....

man, tough decision. Tough one. I probably would do it in hopes of re-trading Walker plus Deke, etc for a bigger star.

If defense first for NY, then that's a foolish trade.
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'm all for it, as long as he aint chuckin up 3s every touch he gets.

To quote a sportswriter, when Walker was asked why he takes so many threes, he replied because there are no four-point shots.

Better cross J Crawford off your list as well, he's a three chucker. In 80 games -this past season- he attempted 521 three's... that's Six and a half a game...

BigSm00th
USA
4/28/2004  1:40 AM
Expiring contracts hurt the Knicks. What about Penny, Stef, Allan, Tim? It just puts them close to the cap, but still tens of millions over it.

The Mavs don't have a number 1 this year, it'd be next year, and no way I'm giving up Frank. Call me crazy but I love what I saw from him this year. I think they do the deal straight up, Kurt and Shandon for Antoine. They get defensive minded players who don't need shots and the Knicks get a big man who can do everything.

Imagine a Knicks lineup of Frank, Stef, Penny, 'Toine, and whoever else, maybe Tim Thomas if you want to go small. That's basically four point guards on the floor, they'd be pretty nice in transition.

I think Walker would re-sign with the Knicks for a smaller contract, so I see no problem in getting him because I don't think he'd leave. Just make sure on half of the possesions he's in the post and not at the 3 point line.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/28/2004  3:54 AM
From the trade checker :

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker
Dallas receives: SF Shandon Anderson
C Kurt Thomas

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1582717

I don't like this tool, but KT's wages next yr is 5884500$ and shandon's are 7300000$, walker's are 14625000$.
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

But that trade would be crazy for them, as walker is the better player, and is an expiring contract. Would work if we included draftpicks maybe, or if we took bad contracts from them against expiring ones from ours.

raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/28/2004  3:58 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think Walker would re-sign with the Knicks for a smaller contract

Sorry bigsmooth, but I absolutly don't know why.
Posted by BigSm00th:

Just make sure on half of the possesions he's in the post and not at the 3 point line.

How many coaches have tried that before ? It never worked. For us, as he plays defense as his opponents are infected from ebola, he would be useful only as a trade bait.

Does he bring shotblocking ? Defense ? Low-post offense ?

None of what we need.

Does he bring financial flexibility ?

Of course he does.

So this trade would not be a basketball decision, but a strtegic and financial one, which I'm not against at all.

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/28/2004  8:37 AM
if they call dallas for ANYONE they need to call jor 'twan and not 'tione. jamison would be the better running mate for marnury and can play three postions. he would be a nice power forward in the east since he played the position in golden state ( not to mention the west).
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/28/2004  8:50 AM
Forget about Walker.If Isaih can get Jamal Crawford and Eddy Cury, the Knicks will be good to go,now I don't know who we give up in order to get them,but Jamal can help us at the 1 and 2,and Curry at 4 and 5.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Armondaone
Member: #379
4/28/2004  10:13 AM
i want curry here anybody but steph for him
bernard
Member: #475
4/28/2004  10:23 AM
Not a big Toine fan ... he's a loser imo. I'd hate to watch Kenyon own him as a Knick (bad enough to watch Kmart dominate KT). But, this is a deal we'd have to do, just to get rid of SA. Can't believe Dallas would do it tho. Seems like KT is rumored to be going to Dallas every month or two. Never pans out. Just don't think they want him.
Antoine Walker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy