[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Bird Poo Vs Hawks- Surely this must be Woody's last stand?!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/14/2013  11:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:
nixluva wrote:PRIGS AGAIN!!! This is why Woody should've been playing Prigs more this season.

coaching problem

I have been telling people he is one of the worst coaches in the NBA.

Still don't know why Woody refuses to play Murry or Cole! This is just crazy. I'm happy for this good game, but they left a lot of games on the table from just pure poor decision making from Woody. Now he's starting to do things he should've done all season. When Prigs is making the ball move and good decisions guys get in a rhythm.

Papabear Says

Sorry but if you saw the last 2 minuets of the game you will know why. We will have to be up by 30 points because no lead is safe with the Knicks. You saw the ending of this game.

My take is that they NEVER play so they're not developed and if he would've been playing them a little all along they might not be so shaky coming into a game like this.

How much do most 13th and 14th men play?

Come on man with this team's health issues there's no reason they couldn't be slid in to some situations this year. You have to be smart about when they could play, but there are times when you could do it. If not then maybe try and get a couple of games in the D league for Murry and bring him back like they did for Lin. Just seems like a waste to have bench players and instead wear down guys in the rotation.

It seems from a fan perspective like those guys should get some run. However, Wally and Hahn were just talking about how Woodson is trying to get some guys going. One other question, where were these criticisms during the 2009 season when the coach at the time couldn't find any minutes for the teams lottery pick or other first rounder?

We've gone over and over this. Just do go find my other hundred posts on the subject in the past. It's a dead subject IMO. I understand you're wanting to make this about something else, but this is about Woodson and how he's handling his job. I could turn this around on you and ask you the same kind of questions about Woody and your reluctance to point out his faults. Instead i'm just basing my opinions on what I can see and verify with facts. You can nit pick every point I make but they aren't all of the same importance. This is one of the least important, but still an issue. Woodson's decisions on who to play are suspect and that includes the 13th and 14th men.

Its not wanting to make it about something else. I posted about guys like Bender, Duhon, and Jeffries getting minutes and Hill and Douglas getting dnp coaches decisions that entire season and long after it. You were defending the coach at the time and his rotations. Now you call out the coach because he isn't playing an undrafted free agent that he fought to keep on the roster. It seems a bit hypocritical in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/14/2013  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2013  11:24 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Knicks need a PG badly...

With a decent starting PG, we could have Prigs come off the bench and maintain the good TEAM BALL. Even with this win I still hope to see this team add a PG. Too bad no one would take JR for a PG.

Prigs is a third string player at best..

Whatever you want to call Prigs, he's our MOST EFFECTIVE PG. When he plays the entire team shoots a higher % and it's been that way since he came here. The numbers don't lie. The team just plays better when Prigs is on the floor.

Well what did he do last game and in the first half of this game..How many times did u see him pass up lay ups...How many times did u see Prigs shuffle the ball to Melo with 3 sec left on the clock...How many times have u seen Prig pounding the ball late into the clock..I'm not a fan of his or Beno...What numbers don't lie???...Only number I care about is winning...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/14/2013  11:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:
nixluva wrote:PRIGS AGAIN!!! This is why Woody should've been playing Prigs more this season.

coaching problem

Still don't know why Woody refuses to play Murry or Cole! This is just crazy. I'm happy for this good game, but they left a lot of games on the table from just pure poor decision making from Woody. Now he's starting to do things he should've done all season. When Prigs is making the ball move and good decisions guys get in a rhythm.

Papabear Says

Sorry but if you saw the last 2 minuets of the game you will know why. We will have to be up by 30 points because no lead is safe with the Knicks. You saw the ending of this game.

My take is that they NEVER play so they're not developed and if he would've been playing them a little all along they might not be so shaky coming into a game like this.

Come on man with this team's health issues there's no reason they couldn't be slid in to some situations this year. You have to be smart about when they could play, but there are times when you could do it. If not then maybe try and get a couple of games in the D league for Murry and bring him back like they did for Lin. Just seems like a waste to have bench players and instead wear down guys in the rotation.

It seems from a fan perspective like those guys should get some run. However, Wally and Hahn were just talking about how Woodson is trying to get some guys going. One other question, where were these criticisms during the 2009 season when the coach at the time couldn't find any minutes for the teams lottery pick or other first rounder?

We've gone over and over this. Just do go find my other hundred posts on the subject in the past. It's a dead subject IMO. I understand you're wanting to make this about something else, but this is about Woodson and how he's handling his job. I could turn this around on you and ask you the same kind of questions about Woody and your reluctance to point out his faults. Instead i'm just basing my opinions on what I can see and verify with facts. You can nit pick every point I make but they aren't all of the same importance. This is one of the least important, but still an issue. Woodson's decisions on who to play are suspect and that includes the 13th and 14th men.

Its not wanting to make it about something else. I posted about guys like Bender, Duhon, and Jeffries getting minutes and Hill and Douglas getting dnp coaches decisions that entire season and long after it. You were defending the coach at the time and his rotations. Now you call out the coach because he isn't playing an undrafted free agent that he fought to keep on the roster. It seems a bit hypocritical in my opinion.

Like I said I more than made my point in the various threads back then.

Regarding this season with Woodson, There really isn't much that i've written that hasn't been supported by stats and the same expressed opinions by analysts and writers seeing the same things. I'm not bashing Woody without valid reason. The comments about the young players are the least significant of all the points i've made. I'm not asking Woody to start Murry, just to fit him in where he could and get him some experience and a chance to get a bit more comfortable on this level. We need another defensive guard and he might have been able to help. Hill and TD are the only young players you can hold against MDA in his career. He had a lot of young players in PHX and in NY that he played. Hill and TD did in fact get some minutes under MDA. It may not have been to your satisfaction, but it was hardly a situation where he refused to even consider them. Hill had a bad start in SL and TC, that is more of the reason he was in MDA's dog house.

GP  GS  MPG
Douglas 2009 - 56 12 19.4

Hill 2009 - 24 0 10.5
Houston - 23 0 16.2

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/15/2013  12:00 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:

coaching problem

Papabear Says

Like I said I more than made my point in the various threads back then.

Regarding this season with Woodson, There really isn't much that i've written that hasn't been supported by stats and the same expressed opinions by analysts and writers seeing the same things. I'm not bashing Woody without valid reason. The comments about the young players are the least significant of all the points i've made. I'm not asking Woody to start Murry, just to fit him in where he could and get him some experience and a chance to get a bit more comfortable on this level. We need another defensive guard and he might have been able to help. Hill and TD are the only young players you can hold against MDA in his career. He had a lot of young players in PHX and in NY that he played. Hill and TD did in fact get some minutes under MDA. It may not have been to your satisfaction, but it was hardly a situation where he refused to even consider them. Hill had a bad start in SL and TC, that is more of the reason he was in MDA's dog house.

GP  GS  MPG
Douglas 2009 - 56 12 19.4

Hill 2009 - 24 0 10.5
Houston - 23 0 16.2

You didn't make your point but you were very prolific in trying to defend i defendable actions. The Knicks had to trade their lottery pick and a top 1 ? Protected pick because hill was so devalued by a guy giving minutes to guys that were marginal vets. Hill wasn't a guy that went undrafted and made the last cut in training camp. Again it seems very hypocritical for you to be taking this stance. Also, asking to fit murry in is fine. But all a lot of fans wanted dantoni to do was fit hill in. He fit bender in. You defended everything the guy did so when you come out hard about not playing the 2
14th man in an effort to criticize the coach it seems agenda driven.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
12/15/2013  12:11 AM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

With a decent starting PG, we could have Prigs come off the bench and maintain the good TEAM BALL. Even with this win I still hope to see this team add a PG. Too bad no one would take JR for a PG.

Whatever you want to call Prigs, he's our MOST EFFECTIVE PG. When he plays the entire team shoots a higher % and it's been that way since he came here. The numbers don't lie. The team just plays better when Prigs is on the floor.

Well what did he do last game and in the first half of this game..How many times did u see him pass up lay ups...How many times did u see Prigs shuffle the ball to Melo with 3 sec left on the clock...How many times have u seen Prig pounding the ball late into the clock..I'm not a fan of his or Beno...What numbers don't lie???...Only number I care about is winning...

More Prigs would have been better than LESS. That is what many of us were complaining about. If you dont' know the real story about Prigs then you need to see just what the truth is about him:

This year: Prigioni's allowed just 18.2% FG% & .382 points per possession on plays he's defended. Forcing turnovers on 29.4% of plays he's involved in.

Chris Herring WSJ - This season, more than 35% of the Knicks' shot attempts with Prigioni on the court have been three-pointers—a figure nearly identical to last year, when the Knicks took and made a record number of three-pointers. With Prigioni in the game, this year's squad has been more accurate (38.4%) from behind the arc than last year (37.6%).

Still, it's hard to see how Prigioni, who is third in the NBA in three-point shooting at 50%, wouldn't help the team's oft-selfish style. His pass-first game is a natural fit for Anthony and these Knicks, as he's taken just 9% of the team's shots while on the floor.

Indeed, Prigioni is a pure facilitator. Chandler, Felton and swingman Iman Shumpert all experienced boosts of at least 5% in field-goal percentage when sharing the court with him last year. Anthony saw benefits, too: Aside from a 3.5% increase in shooting percentage, his assist rate went from 13% to 17% in the minutes he shared with Prigioni.

Last Year:
STAT PRIGIONI IN PRIGIONI OUT
eFG% 53.3 50.6
3PT% 40.2 36.2
AST% 17.2 15.1
Def. Eff. 100.9 104.7
Net Rating +8 +3.8
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/15/2013  12:16 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

More Prigs would have been better than LESS. That is what many of us were complaining about. If you dont' know the real story about Prigs then you need to see just what the truth is about him:

This year: Prigioni's allowed just 18.2% FG% & .382 points per possession on plays he's defended. Forcing turnovers on 29.4% of plays he's involved in.

Chris Herring WSJ - This season, more than 35% of the Knicks' shot attempts with Prigioni on the court have been three-pointers—a figure nearly identical to last year, when the Knicks took and made a record number of three-pointers. With Prigioni in the game, this year's squad has been more accurate (38.4%) from behind the arc than last year (37.6%).

Still, it's hard to see how Prigioni, who is third in the NBA in three-point shooting at 50%, wouldn't help the team's oft-selfish style. His pass-first game is a natural fit for Anthony and these Knicks, as he's taken just 9% of the team's shots while on the floor.

Indeed, Prigioni is a pure facilitator. Chandler, Felton and swingman Iman Shumpert all experienced boosts of at least 5% in field-goal percentage when sharing the court with him last year. Anthony saw benefits, too: Aside from a 3.5% increase in shooting percentage, his assist rate went from 13% to 17% in the minutes he shared with Prigioni.

Last Year:
eFG% 53.3 50.6
3PT% 40.2 36.2
AST% 17.2 15.1
Def. Eff. 100.9 104.7
Net Rating +8 +3.8

Now show me our win/loss record from last year with Prigs are our starter when Felton was hurt...

nixluva
USA
12/15/2013  12:23 AM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Last Year:
eFG% 53.3 50.6
3PT% 40.2 36.2
AST% 17.2 15.1
Def. Eff. 100.9 104.7
Net Rating +8 +3.8

Now show me our win/loss record from last year with Prigs are our starter when Felton was hurt...

I'm not trying to say that Prigs is the answer to all of our problems. He's old and limited, but he's also been very effective and if you have the right lineup on the floor he'll help you play good BB. Prigs is BETTER with Felton on the floor or at least another guard who can drive. Still it's been obvious even this year that when Prigs is on the floor the offense flows much better. He's a very good PG off the bench or alongside a Scoring PG. Since he's a pure passer and just overall smarter PG. You're making the same kind of arguments that SAS makes about Prigs. You both aren't giving him credit for how he's helped the team in his limited action. He's not supposed to be carrying the team.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/15/2013  3:23 AM
Wow- wasn't expecting that! Woody lives for another day!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/15/2013  9:25 AM
Its clear that Pablo raises the collective IQ of this squad. You can see them thinking about making the right pass now. Pablo is 36 and that probably factored into his being on the bench, but we've got no other alternative right now. I think someone read Prigs the riot act after he passed on a layup yet again. Came back after the TO and drove to the rim and became more aggressive, hope it stays that way.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/15/2013  9:43 AM
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:

coaching problem

Its easy to coach from the couch. Woodson see's these guys in practice everyday. Perhaps there's something he's seeing or isn't seeing in practice that's keeping them on the bench...

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/15/2013  10:07 AM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:

coaching problem

Its easy to coach from the couch. Woodson see's these guys in practice everyday. Perhaps there's something he's seeing or isn't seeing in practice that's keeping them on the bench...

yep, and it takes time for some guys to get in their groove...look no further that TH jr.

Woody is playing this kid alot more now, almost impossible for him not to do it.

Murry is an unknown from the fan perspective, we dont get to see him and really havent seen anything since summer league.

Cole is living off previous team play imo, he's done nothing to even warrant his spot, wasnt even good in preseason when he did play.

Game Thread: Bird Poo Vs Hawks- Surely this must be Woody's last stand?!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy