[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

8 Protected Players
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/27/2004  4:44 PM
Who do you think the Knicks will protect with their 8 slots available? I think the definites are Marbury, KThomas, Sweetney, FWilliams, and TThomas. That's 5. I'd leave Houston unprotected because I doubt they'd take his contract or bum knee. I'd leave Penny for similar reasons. Anderson is a no brainer. I'd keep Mutumbo and Harrington, both are expiring contracts, and Mohammed because he's trade bait.

My Eight:
1) Stef Marbury
2) Kurt Thomas
3) Mike Sweetney
4) Frank Williams
5) Tim Thomas
6) Deke Mutumbo
7) Nazr Mohammed
8) Othella Harrington

If they picked one of the unprotected players (Houston, Hardaway, Trybanski, Norris, Anderson) I'd say they'd take Trybanski. Cheap, big, and expiring contract.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/27/2004  5:25 PM
Pretty much agree 100% with your projection. I also agree that they'd take Trybanski...not only is his deal expiring, but he's a young player that has some upside to work with.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/27/2004  5:29 PM
can somone post the dates for the Lottery, expanded draft, and date when trades can start to happen?
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
4/27/2004  6:53 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Who do you think the Knicks will protect with their 8 slots available? I think the definites are Marbury, KThomas, Sweetney, FWilliams, and TThomas. That's 5. I'd leave Houston unprotected because I doubt they'd take his contract or bum knee. I'd leave Penny for similar reasons. Anderson is a no brainer. I'd keep Mutumbo and Harrington, both are expiring contracts, and Mohammed because he's trade bait.

My Eight:
1) Stef Marbury
2) Kurt Thomas
3) Mike Sweetney
4) Frank Williams
5) Tim Thomas
6) Deke Mutumbo
7) Nazr Mohammed
8) Othella Harrington

If they picked one of the unprotected players (Houston, Hardaway, Trybanski, Norris, Anderson) I'd say they'd take Trybanski. Cheap, big, and expiring contract.
I don't know about OH, im not too big on him. maybe protect hardaway or dermarr... even though i doubt hardaway will be taken
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
4/27/2004  7:02 PM
If Trybanski was left unprotected he would definately be gone. We can't lose that expiring contract. I would probably leave Tim open becuase he is not worth a max deal and Atlanta would probably not take him anyway.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/27/2004  7:32 PM
I protect OH becuase he's an expiring contract, leaving me 2 to work with. DerMarr is an FA so you can't protect him and no way anybody takes Penny. If OH was unprotected they'd take him.

Tim Thomas is somewhat reasonable. I want the expiring contracts too, but if you lose Thomas and just lose your starting SF for nothing, it's just too big of a gamble. Then essentially they would've traded Latrell Sprewell for nothing, literally. That's why I wouldn't do that.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/28/2004  3:40 AM
we must protect trybansky. he's one of the only tradable assets that we have. Just expose TT. Nobody will take him, as he's a career underachiever (though I thing he will redeem himself if he stays in NYC).
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/28/2004  9:43 AM
Posted by raven:

we must protect trybansky. he's one of the only tradable assets that we have. Just expose TT. Nobody will take him, as he's a career underachiever (though I thing he will redeem himself if he stays in NYC).

Let him go, the bum.
And yes, no one is going to take Penny at the money he's making.
bernard
Member: #475
4/28/2004  10:29 AM
Protect TimT, leave Trybanski open. So what if they take Trybanski. He's not going to ever play real minutes for us, and his expiring contract and talent levels are too small to matter all that much to potential trading partners. If we leave Tim Thomas exposed and he's taken, our team is considerably worse and we're still well over the cap.
8 Protected Players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy