[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Dread: NY Turds vs Bulls 8pm: Woody- the end is nigh...
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/11/2013  11:06 PM
This team still doesn't know what they want to do. That is very alarming. There are times when they are out there standing and staring at each other or slowing moving rather than having crisp passing and quick movements on offense. It just has the look of a team that has no idea what to do. This is not good. If the Bulls still had Nate they would've beaten us tonight.
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/11/2013  11:08 PM
nixluva wrote:This team still doesn't know what they want to do. That is very alarming. There are times when they are out there standing and staring at each other or slowing moving rather than having crisp passing and quick movements on offense. It just has the look of a team that has no idea what to do. This is not good. If the Bulls still had Nate they would've beaten us tonight.

And that's on Woody. Some suck ass coaching from him this season. Why is he still employed?

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/11/2013  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2013  11:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nice. Barry is brutal. Tried watching with league pass audio on but their broadcast was behind the game.

I've heard this from a few people -- what exactly makes him brutal? I mean he ain't the best I ever heard but I wouldn't call him brutal. I think he does a decent job. Quite a few decent observations tonight, he's well spoken and he tells it like it is (ISO ball isn't fair to Carmelo--first I ever heard it put like that--interesting perspective that I tend to agree with--is it really Melo's fault that they give him the ball and the other 4 just stand around on those plays?; Smith has enough ability to average more passes and good plays yet settles for way too many bad plays; Smith should've been taken out right away from pushing the screener on that elbow 3 attempt (agree totally--one of many typical bonehead plays tonight from this bozo); he was right to say Amar'e's been playing better of late--shows he's done his homework on our team a little, etc.). Brutal? What am I missing?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/11/2013  11:14 PM
Moonangie wrote:
nixluva wrote:This team still doesn't know what they want to do. That is very alarming. There are times when they are out there standing and staring at each other or slowing moving rather than having crisp passing and quick movements on offense. It just has the look of a team that has no idea what to do. This is not good. If the Bulls still had Nate they would've beaten us tonight.

And that's on Woody. Some suck ass coaching from him this season. Why is he still employed?

IMO there's no reason this team should be struggling to score as much as it is this year. By now they should have fixed the problems and developed some chemistry. If you run a solid offensive scheme and MOST of your team is comprised of scorers, then you shouldn't be a bad offensive team.
Moonangie
Member: #2788

12/11/2013  11:17 PM
Nix, I think that in the same way how effed up offense leads to efed up D from the Knicks...I think it works both ways. Shitty D also feeds into discombobulated offense. It's a mutually reinforcing **** storm.

It gels fleetingly, but then dissipates and seems nothing more than a mirage. Hellish.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/12/2013  5:50 AM
I liked Amar'e for most of this game, but that was about it!

We still looked awful and were lucky to get the win.

Wow, Woody's eyes were bloodshot in the mid game interview- looks like he knows he's one loss away.

gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
12/12/2013  7:03 AM
Moonangie wrote:

Because the Knicks aren't going to bring in a new coach until Tyson is back

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/12/2013  7:27 AM
That was ugly.

The ball moves the whole game and then when it gets close it stops. Melo - YOU NEED TO SEE THIS. This is a disease that follows you around. It makes you look worse, not better!

JR is a thug and if he isn't scoring, there is no reason for him to be on the court. Horrible contract. Stupid move by the Knicks. Woodson should have benched him the rest of the game.

Prigs is better than Felton. Murry needs a chance to play.

Hardaway? I just like this kid. He can hit a shot. Decision making needs to improve but the talent is there. His Pops will straighten him out.

Stat looked good. He is one play away from being out 3 months again but until that happens (probably March or April) use him. He can at least score efficiently.

Bargniani.....ouch! WTF?

Chandler will heal the team in many ways. If and only if Woodson can change the backcourt to Progs/Hardaway/Murry and Shumpert with JR and Felton getting little to no burn, then they can start winning again.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/12/2013  8:06 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

why would that make any sense bro? if you're going to fire the coach you don't wait. it takes time for a coach to come in and get a feel for the team and get his point across.. timing it with a player returning from injury makes ZERO sense.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/12/2013  8:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2013  11:20 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:That was ugly.

The ball moves the whole game and then when it gets close it stops. Melo - YOU NEED TO SEE THIS. This is a disease that follows you around. It makes you look worse, not better!

JR is a thug and if he isn't scoring, there is no reason for him to be on the court. Horrible contract. Stupid move by the Knicks. Woodson should have benched him the rest of the game.

Hardaway? I just like this kid. He can hit a shot. Decision making needs to improve but the talent is there. His Pops will straighten him out.

Stat looked good. He is one play away from being out 3 months again but until that happens (probably March or April) use him. He can at least score efficiently.

Bargniani.....ouch! WTF?

Chandler will heal the team in many ways. If and only if Woodson can change the backcourt to Progs/Hardaway/Murry and Shumpert with JR and Felton getting little to no burn, then they can start winning again.

Carmelo on his teammates: “I believe in them just as much as they believe in me. They’ve got to know that. They’ve got to believe that.”

Melo, on the late-game isolations: “Guys are kinda waiting around for me to do something. … We’ve gotta get away from that. And we will.”

The offense started shutting down long before the isos late in the game with Udrih then kept going down hill with Prigs taking 15-17 seconds to get into the offense. I personally do not have a problem with Isos if their is player movement to go alnog with it. Their should be cuts and screens set for players weak side. Now if you are not going to do that as a coach then you need to run the PnR with Melo in late game situations.

gunsnewing
USA
12/12/2013  8:37 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

why would that make any sense bro? if you're going to fire the coach you don't wait. it takes time for a coach to come in and get a feel for the team and get his point across.. timing it with a player returning from injury makes ZERO sense.

You might be right but there's gotta be a reason Woodson is still the coach at 6-15. Maybe it's the ties to CAA. Mike Brown 60 game winner was fired by the lakers after 4 games last year

nyk4ever
USA
12/12/2013  9:01 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

You might be right but there's gotta be a reason Woodson is still the coach at 6-15. Maybe it's the ties to CAA. Mike Brown 60 game winner was fired by the lakers after 4 games last year

listen, i love a good conspiracy theory and i want woodson out more than anyone. i dont think changing the coach is necessarily going to do anything, but i just happen to think that woodson is not a very good head coach. it's not ties to CAA, it probably has more to do with dolan giving him a contract extension before the year and not wanting to fire him and then have to continue to pay him after the extension.

gunsnewing
USA
12/12/2013  9:20 AM
I agree firing Woodson isn't the end all be all. The team is poorly constructed but it should not be this bad offensively. We so have some offensive talent. They picked up Woodsons extension but not his assistants so I don't think Dolan will have any problem making the change. There's gotta be something else. Maybe they gave him the money so he will go quietly. Maybe appease CAA who knows. Maybe they don't want to fire him after winning 54 games and missing Tyson. But that's foolish to me. You can see the players have either tuned him out or his gameplan is not working and not everyone is on board
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/12/2013  9:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:I liked Amar'e for most of this game, but that was about it!

Wow, Woody's eyes were bloodshot in the mid game interview- looks like he knows he's one loss away.

I wish the Knicks had the fortune of Amar'e and Melo playing well together when Amar'e wasn't a shattered pile of glass... but they are finally gelling. We're playing the 'if' game now - but if you're going to play it, might as well be the year when there's only two good teams in the Eastern Conference

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
gunsnewing
USA
12/12/2013  9:44 AM
I'd be all for keeping Woodson if we still had our lottery pick in what might be one of the best drafts in history and keep losing games. Right now there is no point in watching this team
smackeddog
12/12/2013  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2013  10:35 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I wish the Knicks had the fortune of Amar'e and Melo playing well together when Amar'e wasn't a shattered pile of glass... but they are finally gelling. We're playing the 'if' game now - but if you're going to play it, might as well be the year when there's only two good teams in the Eastern Conference

Yeah- the sad thing is I'm still an Amar'e homer despite all of the injuries and abysmal defense.

smackeddog
12/12/2013  10:35 AM

To be fair, I think it's something thats co-created. melo said at the end of games the team keeps dumping him the ball and expecting him to do something, and they need to help him out. And to be honest, I think there is an element of truth in that. He plays a role in that, as he is selfish with the ball, but they are also responsible because no one else seems willing to step up when it matters. Except Amar'e!

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2013  11:31 AM

Bargniani.....ouch! WTF?

I am just wondering, how he will do that?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2013  11:32 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

just curious, how did you come to that conclusion after one game?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyk4ever
USA
12/12/2013  11:55 AM
tkf wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

just curious, how did you come to that conclusion after one game?

it hasn't been one game.. amear and melo have looked good together the past few games now.

Game Dread: NY Turds vs Bulls 8pm: Woody- the end is nigh...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy