[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looks like Isiah has full control over all offseason moves...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2004  11:14 AM
regardless of $$$$

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/27/sports/basketball/27knicks.html

"Ever since he came on, Steve and I have worked hard at trying to give him as much what you would call player currency as we could, either cash or whatever," Dolan said. "Give him the freedom to make the moves he'd like to make."

"The money's there to use well but not to waste. But I think Isiah's moves have been very good so far and if something like that came up, I would hope he had a lot of conviction before we did it. But, I would agree if he had the conviction, yeah."

This is good because if we could make one more $$$ deal, ie take back a bad contract for a high level player (center) that would really push us to the next level, especially if we dont have to give up Sweetney or Frank.

With several teams having cap space another trade I think is possible is for Elton Brand. The Clippers were TERRIBLE with him down the stretch. I could see Frank having very high value for them and we could get a team like Utah to get involved to make the salaries work.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/27/2004  9:34 PM
Thats great to hear. With a skilled Bigman, we may be able to win Atlantic next year.

Quick question, with the new 6 division scheme, are the winners from each still guarenteed a top 3 seed?
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/27/2004  9:55 PM
The Clippers were TERRIBLE with him down the stretch.

We were not looking all that good either, but to let Miami finish higher than NY showed who was driving for playoffs instead of just making the playoffs.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/27/2004  10:50 PM
"The money's there to use well but not to waste. But I think Isiah's moves have been very good so far and if something like that came up, I would hope he had a lot of conviction before we did it. But, I would agree if he had the conviction, yeah."

If the money is there and Zeke has the green light, this is NY, you go jugular....please no "playing-it-safe" trades. And by all means, no chicken **** rebuilding trades either.

Zeke....you get a Superstar!.....If you could pull Shaq, Steinbrenner would be proud of the competition (lol)
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2004  9:58 AM
top 3 seed yes, homecourt no. For example even though NJ is #2 and Det is #3 Det will have home court because of a superior record.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Looks like Isiah has full control over all offseason moves...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy