[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dermarr? Baker?
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/27/2004  10:40 AM
What is the feeling about Dermarr out there?
Has he shown us anything? Is he worth keeping?
I, myself, haven't really come to any conclusion about him.

How about Baker? He may be our best offensive player in the
post right now (a sad statement, frankly). Do we keep him?
AUTOADVERT
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
4/27/2004  10:57 AM
IMO, neither of these guys is worth all that much. DerMarr is definitely worth keeping around if the price is right, since he's young, shown flashes, and has upside.

Less enthusiastic about Vinnie. Again, if the price is right, maybe. But, let's be realistic, drinking problems don't often just go away. Plus, his game is limited -- weak D -- and not improving. Both of these guys are worth the minimum, but not a hell of a lot more, IMO.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2004  11:03 AM
Vinnie got game. His has good foot movement and can give a good boost off the bench.

It should not be about money anymore, but where he can finish his career and look back and say he finished well.

Demarr can ride the pine if need be. I have not seen anything but garbage time from him, so its hard to visualize.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/27/2004  12:13 PM
My choice to keep would be Baker.he is long,plays defense,has experience and best of all likes to play down low. I think given the minutes from the beggining of season and if he can stay clean,Baker can help this team next year.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2004  12:30 PM
it was weird hearing vin saying year[S] and dollar{s} and giving the knicks the first shot at resigning him. the guy just gave up 30 something mm so i guess he wants it back?? the problem with baker is there will never be a reliability factor-- but there is almost no doubt in my mind that he will be a knick. he played up at uconn last summer against Ok4 boone et al and lifted with the guys and got in great shape--and started off like gangbusters for the Cs- so you have a big time talent ready to work hard and could fit in a 4 man frontcourt rotation but just keep the coors out of the locker room
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2004  12:59 PM
Demarr is extremely talented, someone just has to teach him how to play defense. In fact, he should have replaced Anderson as our Shooting Guard, but Lenny was too smart to realize that.

As for Vinny, for the right price, he is a keeper. He just needs a coach with a good scheme that can strategize or run plays for him. They are both keepers. Get rid of Deke and acquire another Center a la Dampier or Illguskus.
The true Knickabocker..........
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/27/2004  1:09 PM
These two are only keepers if they sign for the Veterans Minimum.
I don't want Isiah using up any Exception money for these two benchwarmers.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
diderotn
USA
4/27/2004  1:26 PM
Demarr can actually be a starter. He is a pure scorrer with a much better touch than Houston. He is much more athletic than Houston, but he has a similar game in the defensive end. Can he be a better defender? I do believe that he can. He is still young after all.

Vinny is definitely a starter in this league when healthy. If can only concentrate to play the game and remain alcohol free, there is no telling how well he will do. Without Deke, Kurt, and Harrington next year, slide Naser to PF position with decent minutes at the Center position, we can be a force to reckon with. I hope that Isia brings in a Center like Illguskas or Dampier to solidify our front court.

My dream deal for next season is as follow

Trade houston and others for TMack, Vince, Richardson from the Warriors, Mashburn.
Keep Mar, TT, Naser, Sweet, and trade everyone else

We need to get as athletic as possible. The hell with all the slow, unathletic, turtles like: Anderson, Harrington, Houston, Kurt t, Deke. We need to be a high octane type of team.

And most of all, a new coach.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
4/27/2004  2:09 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Demarr can actually be a starter. He is a pure scorrer with a much better touch than Houston. He is much more athletic than Houston, but he has a similar game in the defensive end. Can he be a better defender? I do believe that he can. He is still young after all.

Vinny is definitely a starter in this league when healthy. If can only concentrate to play the game and remain alcohol free, there is no telling how well he will do. Without Deke, Kurt, and Harrington next year, slide Naser to PF position with decent minutes at the Center position, we can be a force to reckon with. I hope that Isia brings in a Center like Illguskas or Dampier to solidify our front court.

My dream deal for next season is as follow

Trade houston and others for TMack, Vince, Richardson from the Warriors, Mashburn.
Keep Mar, TT, Naser, Sweet, and trade everyone else

We need to get as athletic as possible. The hell with all the slow, unathletic, turtles like: Anderson, Harrington, Houston, Kurt t, Deke. We need to be a high octane type of team.

And most of all, a new coach.

I am sorry diderotn, but I can't believe you said DeMarr has a better touch than Houston. I will ignore this and act like you didn't say this just now. Name 10 guys who have a better touch than Houston..... I'm waiting..... I'll tell you what I'll name 3 for you. Peja, Ray Allen, and Finley (This is a very high caliber talented competiton isn't it, And whose the sole cut winner off these 4?). Kobe can shoot as well as McGrady, but they don't have tha pure touch like Houston. So how can you say DeMarr has a better touch? And all these guys have or can drop 50 at any given time just on Jump shots alone. Do u think DeMarr is capable of doing this? Honestly? I don't think so. Atleast not now.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/27/2004  2:37 PM
that is funny..better touch than Houston! Damn I could've sworn Houston had the sweetest looking jumper!

Demarr is a pretty good shooter though and i think could develope into a very good 6th man. Like someone else said, just teach him some defense.
diderotn
USA
4/27/2004  2:38 PM
Houston wasn't able to play, but Demarr was.

]

I am sorry diderotn, but I can't believe you said DeMarr has a better touch than Houston. I will ignore this and act like you didn't say this just now. Name 10 guys who have a better touch than Houston..... I'm waiting..... I'll tell you what I'll name 3 for you. Peja, Ray Allen, and Finley (This is a very high caliber talented competiton isn't it, And whose the sole cut winner off these 4?). Kobe can shoot as well as McGrady, but they don't have tha pure touch like Houston. So how can you say DeMarr has a better touch? And all these guys have or can drop 50 at any given time just on Jump shots alone. Do u think DeMarr is capable of doing this? Honestly? I don't think so. Atleast not now.
[/quote]
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
4/27/2004  2:51 PM
What does that have to do with their shots? And whose the better shooter? Maybe I'm just not understanding your point.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2004  3:21 PM
I hope the Nets series woke people up to just how valuable Houston is and what he does... but maybe not

Both Dermaar and Vin should be back as CHEAP backup player. Vin is nice because he's a good backup at PF or C where we need help, and he could give us the flexibility to trade a guy like KT or Nazr.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/27/2004  3:25 PM
vin and dermarr should be cheap, but if we bring them back, then that pretty much means we're out of the hunt for stromile, chris anderson, or anybody else for that matter - which is ok.

i think it's going to take at least $2-3 mil/year for 3 years to sign vin and probably $1-1.5 mil/year for 2 years for dermarr.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/27/2004  9:21 PM
I like both of these guys. If we cant get rasheed or another bigman, we really need to resign baker.
Dermarr? Baker?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy