[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marburry doesn't like Shannon Anderson....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2004  8:55 AM
As I have reported several times on this board, Marburry is not confortable with Anderson on the court. I do believe that our record could have been far better if Lenny was able to realize the unconfortability of Marb with Anderson. There is nothing worst than trying to get your game in gear, while you have two guys on the court that are constantly diminishing your skills. Therefor, I will blame this season on no one other than Lenny for not being able to at least take a chance with change rotation. Isia should fire him for incompetency.

Marbury's playoff record is 4-14 and he has yet to advance past the first round. This season, he had little to work with in the playoffs, but in fairness, his reputation for alienating teammates did occasionally surface over the past few weeks. He and Shandon Anderson got into a heated exchange during Game 3 following a turnover. In Game 4, Marbury and Kurt Thomas glared at one other.

"I'm not here to please anyone as far as trying to make you write something different," Marbury said. "My goal is to win a championship and to do whatever it takes to win."

During Game 4, a video montage of Marbury was shown on the large scoreboard. In Game 3, a similar tribute was paid to Isiah Thomas, who of course spent his entire career in Detroit. The players feel as if there is an obvious pecking order in the organization: Thomas, then Marbury, then everyone else.

The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2004  10:09 AM

Well, thats "Star Phuching" for you.

Marbury has yet to engage his players to make them better.

K_mart is far more valuable with Kidd feeding him. That will be the nets negotiating tool this summer. Marbury has never done this with any player. Did he engage Amare and Marion? Only aleinated when on the "all alone" Nets, and in Minny, he did not realize the potential of what KG could do for his career.

Ok, how to fix, get Marbury the right players. KT is way to slow. Dice if healthy was the right type of player whom could keep up with Marbs.

If Steph is our franchese we must give him everything he needs to succeed. If we can't, then Isiah would have failed.

Allan when he returns must draw attention from defense that can leave Shandon alone. We need not players whom go to the basket than kick it out, but go in, and pass in the open lanes for easy baskets. The Kings do this very well as do the Nets. C-Webb, Brad miller, and Vlade are excellent passers in the low post. The nets do it with penetration by kidd. How would we do it???
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/27/2004  10:21 AM
I don't blame Marbury. Anderson sux. REALLY!
bernard
Member: #475
4/27/2004  11:06 AM
Yes, Shandone sucks. He was putrid against the Nets. But you're right, Marbury has a history of knocking down his teammates instead of building them up. He's gotten better, no doubt. We won't see any "All alone's" on his kicks anytime soon. And he says the right things about guys ... even did with KVH when he first arrived. Thought that showed some class. But when under game pressure, his expressions sometimes betray what he's really thinking, which often isn't terribly flattering about his teammates. He doesn't have the kind of guy I'd like playing with. You get nervous if you make a mistake, he'll be pissed at you.

Fine line for a leader to walk between pushing guys ... and pushing them over the edge. I think you need to show you're on their side, then you can push, and I don't think Steph has done that yet.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/27/2004  11:20 AM
Posted by bernard:

Yes, Shandone sucks. He was putrid against the Nets. But you're right, Marbury has a history of knocking down his teammates instead of building them up. He's gotten better, no doubt. We won't see any "All alone's" on his kicks anytime soon. And he says the right things about guys ... even did with KVH when he first arrived. Thought that showed some class. But when under game pressure, his expressions sometimes betray what he's really thinking, which often isn't terribly flattering about his teammates. He doesn't have the kind of guy I'd like playing with. You get nervous if you make a mistake, he'll be pissed at you.

Fine line for a leader to walk between pushing guys ... and pushing them over the edge. I think you need to show you're on their side, then you can push, and I don't think Steph has done that yet.

there are different types of leaders. there are the leaders who lead by example ( tim duncan and kevin garnett) and there are the "in your face" leaders (jordan). it depends on what team you have for it to be successful. duncan has a perfect complimentary team around him that does not need a floor leader who constantly gets on them. they run like an efficient machine. whereas jordan had teams where if you made a mistake, get ready for a locker room beatdown. marbury is in-between. he sometimes let his frustrations get in the way and takes to much on himself. he will learn. plus once he has the right people around him ( anderson and penny just don't cut it) we will see what type of leader he will be. remember what he did last year for phoenix when they were healthy. true, stoudamire had a great impact of the team but marbury was the glue who held that team together. he emerged as a leader who trusted his teammates and gave the spurs probably their only scare in the playoffs. we can't get on him yet. other star players are going through the same thing ( iverson, mcgrady, pierce, etc.). do they suck too?
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/27/2004  12:39 PM
Posted by diderotn:

As I have reported several times on this board, Marburry is not confortable with Anderson on the court. I do believe that our record could have been far better if Lenny was able to realize the unconfortability of Marb with Anderson. There is nothing worst than trying to get your game in gear, while you have two guys on the court that are constantly diminishing your skills. Therefor, I will blame this season on no one other than Lenny for not being able to at least take a chance with change rotation. Isia should fire him for incompetency.

Marbury's playoff record is 4-14 and he has yet to advance past the first round. This season, he had little to work with in the playoffs, but in fairness, his reputation for alienating teammates did occasionally surface over the past few weeks. He and Shandon Anderson got into a heated exchange during Game 3 following a turnover. In Game 4, Marbury and Kurt Thomas glared at one other.

"I'm not here to please anyone as far as trying to make you write something different," Marbury said. "My goal is to win a championship and to do whatever it takes to win."

During Game 4, a video montage of Marbury was shown on the large scoreboard. In Game 3, a similar tribute was paid to Isiah Thomas, who of course spent his entire career in Detroit. The players feel as if there is an obvious pecking order in the organization: Thomas, then Marbury, then everyone else.
Besides Scott Layden who does like him.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
diderotn
USA
4/27/2004  12:52 PM
Maybe Lenny was instructed to play Anderson[:(!, because no coach in their right minds would have Anderson as a starter.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/27/2004  12:55 PM
Again this stephon bashing is BS.. Kidd makes martin better? well why hasn't kidd made aaron williams better, or Jason Collins? Huh? I do admit that kidd gets a lot of easy baskets for K-mart and jefferson but those guys can finish, steph had no such weapons and his two biggest weapons TT and Houston were on the sidelines... Lets keep it real man... when in Houston both Francis and Mobley froze Anderson out of the offense, I mean it got blatantly obvious, so stop making it seem that steph is a selfish player, like me he wants to win, and we all know anderson is a joke, steph is left to play with far inferior players, I mean the guy is not god, he can't give shandon a jumpshot no matter how many open looks he creates for him, and he can't give Kt any hops no matter how many nice passes he gives him. Quit it already... Wne with pheonix that team ran and he constantly got open dunks for marion and amare... I don't know what some of you are watching..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
4/27/2004  1:29 PM
Okay.... enough with this Marbury and Kidd comparison. You definitely can't compare their skills accordingly to the past 4 playoff games because Marbury was getting triple teamed with "Shandon on the Court" and "Kurt Thomas". When Frank was in with him, it was a whole different story wasn't it! Anyway, How many times do we, fans, yell at Shandon or Kurt for Dumb azz things they do on the court? Imagine seein' them do it over and over all the while watchin' the guy they are defending torch them up. Imagine being on the court runnin' Behind Shandon and Sweetney on the fastbreak and watching Shandon pass Sweetney the ball too soon as opposed to drawing the defender away from him (Sweetney) then setting Sweetney up for an alley-oop. Imagine watching Shandon get wide open shots and miss them all. All the while being taunted and smacked by your opposing team (not just the playoofs, this has been a regular for Shandon). How much could you take? How much could you hold in? Marbury only has givin' facial expressions and gestures at the exact same moment we are looking at the T.V watching, yelling screaming and curcing dumbazz Shandon out. I think this topic should even exsist because Shandon sucks, he's a bonehead, and you can't expect to hold your tongue let alone your facial expressions to the things he does on court. Also it would be very hypercritical of us to do so because I know you are yelling at Shandon (with spit hitting you tv screen) on the top of your lungs when he messes up. I do.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
diderotn
USA
4/27/2004  1:45 PM
My point exactly. Shandona, Kurti are both TRASH.

Posted by Bizzy211:

Okay.... enough with this Marbury and Kidd comparison. You definitely can't compare their skills accordingly to the past 4 playoff games because Marbury was getting triple teamed with "Shandon on the Court" and "Kurt Thomas". When Frank was in with him, it was a whole different story wasn't it! Anyway, How many times do we, fans, yell at Shandon or Kurt for Dumb azz things they do on the court? Imagine seein' them do it over and over all the while watchin' the guy they are defending torch them up. Imagine being on the court runnin' Behind Shandon and Sweetney on the fastbreak and watching Shandon pass Sweetney the ball too soon as opposed to drawing the defender away from him (Sweetney) then setting Sweetney up for an alley-oop. Imagine watching Shandon get wide open shots and miss them all. All the while being taunted and smacked by your opposing team (not just the playoofs, this has been a regular for Shandon). How much could you take? How much could you hold in? Marbury only has givin' facial expressions and gestures at the exact same moment we are looking at the T.V watching, yelling screaming and curcing dumbazz Shandon out. I think this topic should even exsist because Shandon sucks, he's a bonehead, and you can't expect to hold your tongue let alone your facial expressions to the things he does on court. Also it would be very hypercritical of us to do so because I know you are yelling at Shandon (with spit hitting you tv screen) on the top of your lungs when he messes up. I do.
Chico
Member: #666
4/28/2004  12:44 AM
how about the fact that none of the other knicks like marbury or the absurdly special treatment he gets. An article in one of the papers today talked about the ridiculous pecking order on the team and how the other players seriously resent it 1) zeke (how outrageous was he grabbing the mike and making an outrageous speech before the cavs game. how outrageous was it that they played a highlite real of him as a player in a detroit uniform during game 3?) 2) Stephon 3) all the other players. the specialized treatment is totally undeserved. WE COULD"VE WON GAME 4 IF HE HADN"T THROWN UP ALL THOSE RIDICULOUS THREES AT THE END OF THE GAME. While he kept us in 3 and 4 singlehandedly, he certainly lost game 4 singlehandedly. he has not yet proven he's a winner and he demonstrates a pretty low bball iq ub the clutch.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/28/2004  1:05 AM
Anderson for some reason never likes to pass Marbury the ball. When ever Anderson get the ball he would look at Marbury. Marbury would give him the look like pass the ball. And Anderson will turn the other way to feed it to the post. Maybe after playing with Anderson and him doing that since the Marbury trade Marbury finally snapped.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/28/2004  4:22 AM
Please rename this post into "nobody likes shandon anderson".
diderotn
USA
4/28/2004  10:42 AM
who the hell is Anderson? Marb should have requested to have his *** benched from the first place. There were other guys that could have done a much better job than Anderson anyway. 5-27 is worst than poor.

Posted by newyorknewyork:

Anderson for some reason never likes to pass Marbury the ball. When ever Anderson get the ball he would look at Marbury. Marbury would give him the look like pass the ball. And Anderson will turn the other way to feed it to the post. Maybe after playing with Anderson and him doing that since the Marbury trade Marbury finally snapped.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/28/2004  11:34 AM
Posted by diderotn:

who the hell is Anderson? Marb should have requested to have his *** benched from the first place. There were other guys that could have done a much better job than Anderson anyway. 5-27 is worst than poor.

Posted by newyorknewyork:

exactly, and if there is a pecking order, then good, this team is not good enough to complain about anything, especially anderson, Marbury should be praised for holding his tounge and temper while playing with incompetent players like Anderson. I also noticed that steph has had no problems with Penny.. and why? because penny is a competent ballplayer, as is Houston and TT, and sweetney...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/28/2004  11:59 AM
I do agree with that last statement. Marb made a huge mistake by not demanding to pull Anderson out of the starting lineup. As for guys whining about Marburry receiving special treatments, they all need to S.T.F.up. I know who they are, it has always been the same whiners, I.E. Anderson, Kurt Thomas, Harrington, and Deke. What the hell have they done for the KNicks??? 0
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/28/2004  12:11 PM
There is Marbury and there is the rest of the loosers on the team who are all garbage. They should shut the f@ck up . If they all get traded for other players, I would not care.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marburry doesn't like Shannon Anderson....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy