[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shandon and Kurt for KVH
Author Thread
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
4/26/2004  9:46 PM
This works perfectly on paper numbers wise.

Why do we do it? Anything to get rid of Shandon and Kurt's time here is done. over.

Why do they do it? They get 2 blue collar players who fit well with their team, one can play 2,3 the other can play 4,5.

We bring Van Horn off the bench for the 30-40 games Allan will actually be able to play in next year and for the majority of the season in which Allan's TWO knees keep him out once again we start TT at the 2, Keith at the 3, Sweets at the 4 and Nazr at 5. Dermaar and Penny back up the 2,3

The fact is Allan's knees are a lot worse than anyone on these boards (except for maybe Briggs) seems to want to accept. Doctors are telling him to get more surgery in the off season and he's refusing. He's in bad shape. Do you really think if he had anything but a near career ending situation on his hands that they wouldn't have put him in for the last few minutes of game 4? Unless he's near death, Allan's gonna hit an open shot. Or at the least Stephon would've been double teamed instead of triple teamed.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/26/2004  10:33 PM
I don't see the point of this. Kurt is a very good player and awesome on the pick and roll, and who guards PFs now? Van Horn?

I don't really want Keith back.
#Knickstaps
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/26/2004  10:40 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Kurt is a very good player and awesome on the pick and roll...

Tell me you're not serious.

The words "awesome," "Kurt," and "Thomas" should never be associated with eachother. You can't tell me if me and you are captains on the playground and you get first pick that you're going to take KT over KVH. KVH is flawed, but KT is flawed-er.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/26/2004  10:45 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I don't see the point of this. Kurt is a very good player and awesome on the pick and roll, and who guards PFs now? Van Horn?

KT is awesome in the pick and roll? If he can get a clear shot he is reliable. But if he can't get free he gets in trouble.

Keith is a good pick and roll guy....better than KT. I wouldn't mind having Tim and KVH on the court at the same time. The defense would definately be stretched the distance......Marbury would have the lane open all day....Keith is always reliable for 7 rebounds per. It could work.

Not a likely idea though....but half of the stuff we think of aren't. I wouldn't mind this trade. Loose Shandon and KT and get a player that played well for us before? It's a no brainer.

[Edited by - enyspree on 04/26/2004 22:47:06]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2004  10:58 PM
for goodness sakes, why the heck would we do a merry go round with KVH? Kurt Thomas cannot be used as a conduit to get rid of Andersen. Thomas----even though he is our only tough guy with skill--his contract while it isnt as pretty as it was--is kind of in his market--is likely the number 1 candidate to go to get us back something that we need. Can I hope its the 14th pick from Utah--perhaps we can work out a sign and trade where we acquire Ostertag for a couple of years+ the pick? something in that area. That would give us much more size of the bench

but it has to be something along those lines.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/27/2004  12:20 AM
Van Horn has become a shell of his former self since being traded to the Bucks.
Alot of people talk about him being injured..
The guy has been feeling the results of the same FINGER SPRAIN since March for Christ sake.
He has contributed nothing to the Bucks in these playoffs.
I would really not want him back...
Only way I want him is in a swap for Shandon Anderson...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/27/2004  12:36 AM
If its a choice between:

1) Getting an SF to play with Penny and Tim Thomas
or
2) Have a PF who can defend other PFs adequately and run the pick and roll with Marbury (no other big man can run this play with Stef, and he's most effective here in a team offense)

I think it's pretty clear you'd want the PF. KVH is nice, has more talent than KT, but why get him if you have Tim Thomas and Penny?

Doesn't make any sense.

I'm with Briggs, package KT to get either draft picks or something to get younger, not KVH.
#Knickstaps
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/27/2004  12:25 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Kurt awesome? you must be joking. this guy is lucky he plays for the knicks cause he would not be a starter any where else. Van Horn may be soft,but he is more athletic than Kurt any day.and till this day I wish we had traded Kurt for Tim instead of Keith.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
4/27/2004  1:54 PM
You can't be serious with this post. It sounds like you were playing NBA Live and traded these players for KVH and it worked in the game because:

1) it a video gaem
2)KVH is a small forward and small forwards can guards PFs and Centers in the game
3)You don't have to worry about players disappearing come playoff time.

I'll give u credit though where it is due; if we had another big man who can run and post and shoot (granted, Kurt tha "Flirt" is not a big man who can do this) then I would like this trade, but until DeMarr proves he's gonna suck then I say the Knicks concerns should be a dominant PF or Center who's very very acrobatic.

By tha way. I call him Kurt tha "Flirt" because he's a Flirt on offense. He makes you think he's gonna drive off a pump fake but winds up still shooting a jump shot.

Also, don't put your money too much on Rasheed, I think next year he might be very injury prone. He was limping last night. But damn, he hit this sweet fade away jumper 18ft away on the baseline.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2004  2:01 PM
Some fans are so dumb, I really wonder about them. We are one of the weakest team in the league defensively. Why would we trade for KVH? How will that resolve our problems defensively?

Posted by Bizzy211:

You can't be serious with this post. It sounds like you were playing NBA Live and traded these players for KVH and it worked in the game because:

1) it a video gaem
2)KVH is a small forward and small forwards can guards PFs and Centers in the game
3)You don't have to worry about players disappearing come playoff time.

I'll give u credit though where it is due; if we had another big man who can run and post and shoot (granted, Kurt tha "Flirt" is not a big man who can do this) then I would like this trade, but until DeMarr proves he's gonna suck then I say the Knicks concerns should be a dominant PF or Center who's very very acrobatic.

By tha way. I call him Kurt tha "Flirt" because he's a Flirt on offense. He makes you think he's gonna drive off a pump fake but winds up still shooting a jump shot.

Also, don't put your money too much on Rasheed, I think next year he might be very injury prone. He was limping last night. But damn, he hit this sweet fade away jumper 18ft away on the baseline.
The true Knickabocker..........
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/27/2004  9:14 PM
The only reason I'd consider that is too get rid of Shandon...but KT for KVH??? I'll pass.
First we see people complaining bout KVH when we trade for him and throughout the season (with the exception of some streaks). When we trade him we see people talking him up, and now even wanting to trade back for him?

Only thing I'd consider giving up for KVH would be Shandon and Othella, which I dont even think it works salary wise, and MIL would never even consider it.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
4/27/2004  9:50 PM
how about kurt and anderson to boston for raef lafrentz and chris mihm?

boston gets rid of raef who isnt playing much for them anyway. mihm isnt playing much either.

we get rid of anderson, who they could use to backup anderson. and ofcousre i'm assumng they would want kurt.

it would leave us with an alright line up

c-raef or mihm mihm put up the same numbers in less minute as nazr. as did raef.
pf-sweetney, nazr
sf-thomas, johnson
sg-houston, penny
pg-steph, williams

i'm kind of drunk so i think this makes scense, let me know what you think, if it works for us - boston.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
4/27/2004  9:55 PM
i meant anderson could backup ricky davis

no more bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr for turle
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/28/2004  11:13 AM
Boston will never try to help the Knicks;boston is the reason detroit was able to get Rasheed.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Shandon and Kurt for KVH

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy