[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/2/2013  10:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2013  10:27 AM
If your "best player/leader" isn't going to try why bother?

Melo is probably dumb enough to think that if he tanks again Dolan will get him legitimate help.

Memo to Melo. Knicks don't have the assets to get better th m in most part to you!

So either Melo stays with the Knicks for the most money and we continue to suck

Or he leaves in pursuit of a ring

Knowing Melo and Dolan it will be option 1

CAA will continue to cast a dark cloud over the organization

In 2025 the Knicks will draft JR Smith's son because of the contract JR signed in 2012

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/2/2013  10:56 AM
See, guns, there is a bright side to reality...

Smith has two daughters. Knicks teammate Carmelo Anthony and former Hornets teammate Chris Paul are their godfathers

Neither daughter will be old enough to qualify for a contract in 11 years.

And even if JR gets busy in the paternity area this year, Dolan isn't dumb enough to sign an 11 year old to an NBA contract. Or is he?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/2/2013  10:58 AM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:the only way you get out of this downward spiral is to put your five best defenders out there. it is ass backwards to have a team who plays defense only so long as they are playing well on offense.

conditioning is an issue, of course, but we have to get a solid defensive effort to right the ship.

woodson was looking for a change in attitude tonight and he didn't quite get it. he needs to take drastic measures now. he should abandon the switching and throw a zone in there once in a while too.

starters:

prigioni
shumpert
artest
martin
anthony

even that lineup is small, not that athletic, old and not that talented.... if that is our best hope, we are in real trouble..

they have to establish an identity and play with consistent energy, however low the talent level. with the exception of anthony these other 4 guys enjoy defending. there will be less talk of fear of failure and finding ways to lose.

i don't like the switching and i don't like the chucking. it looks like a pickup game out there most of the time. if he is going to be known as a defensive coach he should be playing defenders out there for the majority of the minutes. and for ****'s sake mix in a zone against the evanses of the world.

i GET YOUR POINT... but all this will lead to more competitive games, but I doubt any more wins.. but hey, I rather watch competitive ball than this crap...

And on top of that you are enabling carmelo even more.. you are sitting down guys who won't defend and he is one of them, but you leave him in... and on top of that, none of those guys are aggresive offensively, so you are just encouraging carmelo to shoot even more, and play even less defense..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/2/2013  11:07 AM
gunsnewing wrote:And this is the reason Shumpert is my favorite Knick. Too bad he will be the first one out the door. This just probably accelarates the inevitable

yep.... I give him props for that... maybe it is frustration, who knows... but I am glad he did it.. carmelo was being lazy on the play,as he always is...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/2/2013  11:19 AM
gunsnewing wrote:If your "best player/leader" isn't going to try why bother?

Melo is probably dumb enough to think that if he tanks again Dolan will get him legitimate help.

Memo to Melo. Knicks don't have the assets to get better th m in most part to you!

In 2025 the Knicks will draft JR Smith's son because of the contract JR signed in 2012

LOL.. sad but true state of affairs...

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/2/2013  6:58 PM

One thing you can't say about Melo is that he isn't trying. He also was moving the ball well in this game. Not a lot to complain about regarding his play in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/3/2013  12:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

One thing you can't say about Melo is that he isn't trying. He also was moving the ball well in this game. Not a lot to complain about regarding his play in my opinion.

HE had some defensive problems and took a few bad shots. Could the Knicks over come them if Smith and Felton didn't turn the ball over in the 4th? I think so. I don't mind the Shump/Melo talk it happens a lot. People have been getting on SHump all year about his D so everyone should be able to get called out if they make mistakes. The issue is Woodson staying with Smith regardless of anything he does.

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy