[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/2/2013  12:02 AM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:the only way you get out of this downward spiral is to put your five best defenders out there. it is ass backwards to have a team who plays defense only so long as they are playing well on offense.

conditioning is an issue, of course, but we have to get a solid defensive effort to right the ship.

woodson was looking for a change in attitude tonight and he didn't quite get it. he needs to take drastic measures now. he should abandon the switching and throw a zone in there once in a while too.

starters:

prigioni
shumpert
artest
martin
anthony

even that lineup is small, not that athletic, old and not that talented.... if that is our best hope, we are in real trouble..

they have to establish an identity and play with consistent energy, however low the talent level. with the exception of anthony these other 4 guys enjoy defending. there will be less talk of fear of failure and finding ways to lose.

i don't like the switching and i don't like the chucking. it looks like a pickup game out there most of the time. if he is going to be known as a defensive coach he should be playing defenders out there for the majority of the minutes. and for ****'s sake mix in a zone against the evanses of the world.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/2/2013  12:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm tired of the roster excuse for why the team is playing poorly. Execution has NOTHING to do with pure athletic ability. Woody's team isn't losing because of talent. Dude is making poor decisions and the team lacks fundamental BB principles. They can't close games due to breakdowns in basic defense and offense. That's on him. He isn't playing the right players for the right reasons. He has no answers.

What coach do you want? Lets hear it

Who would you want? This isn't about me. Mills and Dolan have to make that decision. Guys like Hollins are out there and we all know the other names. Most are better than Woody IMO.

My take is that no coach will do materially better --its kind of ridiculous to say fire the coach and have no substitute in your mind.

i disagree.... sometimes the same damn words over and over again from the current coach in your head can take a toll on you. a different coach would do better, because they would have the balls to go after their vet players.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/2/2013  12:57 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm tired of the roster excuse for why the team is playing poorly. Execution has NOTHING to do with pure athletic ability. Woody's team isn't losing because of talent. Dude is making poor decisions and the team lacks fundamental BB principles. They can't close games due to breakdowns in basic defense and offense. That's on him. He isn't playing the right players for the right reasons. He has no answers.

Who would you want? This isn't about me. Mills and Dolan have to make that decision. Guys like Hollins are out there and we all know the other names. Most are better than Woody IMO.

My take is that no coach will do materially better --its kind of ridiculous to say fire the coach and have no substitute in your mind.

i disagree.... sometimes the same damn words over and over again from the current coach in your head can take a toll on you. a different coach would do better, because they would have the balls to go after their vet players.

I havent seen a coach yet that has put melo in his place.

the whole team is calling him out now, shump being the latest.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/2/2013  2:30 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:This one has W all over it,

I personally guarantee a win with my life

Ack! ItonWillGiroud has bartered away his life for this pack of clowns!

Red1976
Member: #4510

12/2/2013  5:24 AM
If that's the purpose let's say the team is doing very well (best loosing team in the league), and everything is going according to Dolan's plan.

"I think we're playing to lose rather than playing to win right now," Anthony said after the Knicks' 103-99 loss to New Orleans on Sunday. "When you lose games the way we've been losing them at home, on the road, you start thinking a lot. You start playing a little tense, you start playing on your heels."

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/2/2013  5:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:This one has W all over it,

I personally guarantee a win with my life

Ack! ItonWillGiroud has bartered away his life for this pack of clowns!

I'm done for
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/2/2013  6:33 AM
Red1976 wrote:If that's the purpose let's say the team is doing very well (best loosing team in the league), and everything is going according to Dolan's plan.

"I think we're playing to lose rather than playing to win right now," Anthony said after the Knicks' 103-99 loss to New Orleans on Sunday. "When you lose games the way we've been losing them at home, on the road, you start thinking a lot. You start playing a little tense, you start playing on your heels."

Well he's right, they are playing to lose, and it starts with him.
IronWillGiroud

12/2/2013  7:45 AM
Smacked dog, I **** you not I came down with the wort case of food poisoning last night and was puking all night,

I really thought my guarantee was going to off me,

Today no work I am a shadow of my former self.

First time I've had something like this since 1997

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/2/2013  8:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2013  8:14 AM
We have a few days to rest and get our ish together. Looks like JR isnt getting benched any time soon according to some articles because of his contract, I'm sure there is more to it than that, doesn't pass the smell test. Makes no sense if its true. So it doesn't matter if Shump is playing well. If THJ plays well, minutes will be taken from Shump regardless of how he's playing and not JR.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/2/2013  8:31 AM
knickscity wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I havent seen a coach yet that has put melo in his place.

the whole team is calling him out now, shump being the latest.

I saw and noted that too.

I don't think Melo is that smart. Court vision, BB IQ - whatever you want to call it, but Melo can't or doesn't want to understand team ball concepts on both sides of the ball.

I think he's done better rebounding the ball this year- so I'll give him credit there- and sometimes he does pass the ball- but never nearly enough...

IronWillGiroud

12/2/2013  8:39 AM
^ wow I didn't catch that,

but if that's Shumpdawg chewing Melo out, Shump just became my favorite Knick since Gallinari

Good on the young man, he sees above the cesspool and he is not afraid to speak truth to power.

Go Shump

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/2/2013  8:54 AM
knickscity wrote:

Accurate image of a coach that is, or has already lost credibility with his players. Melo controls the team here. Was allowed to dog it when Mike D was a coach by management. Shump realizes this and is one of the few players with the balls to call it out. I'm actually surprised Artest hasn't done something notable in that respect.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/2/2013  9:07 AM
And this is the reason Shumpert is my favorite Knick. Too bad he will be the first one out the door. This just probably accelarates the inevitable
gunsnewing
USA
12/2/2013  9:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2013  9:11 AM
Shumpert was getting killed because Melo was not calling out picks. Clyde alluded to it this. This happened on the bench
GustavBahler

12/2/2013  9:14 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Shumpert was getting killed because Melo was not calling out picks. Clyde alluded to it this. This happened on the bench

I think the shouting match was more about switching and Shump was right. Glad he spoke up.

gunsnewing
USA
12/2/2013  9:34 AM
Oh I see. Classic Melo laziness
gunsnewing
USA
12/2/2013  9:35 AM
Melo knows his fate is in his own hands. He wins in the end
GustavBahler

12/2/2013  9:35 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Oh I see. Classic Melo laziness

LOL, if anything you're consistent.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/2/2013  9:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Shumpert was getting killed because Melo was not calling out picks. Clyde alluded to it this. This happened on the bench

I think the shouting match was more about switching and Shump was right. Glad he spoke up.

Yup...it was about the switching. Shump was running around like crazy with Melo taking the easy way out on the switches.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/2/2013  10:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Oh I see. Classic Melo laziness

LOL, if anything you're consistent.

He's rooting for losses, while probably hoping Shump has a career year. SMH.

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy