[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/1/2013  10:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Clean wrote:
PresIke wrote:we have talent, but the mix is not working, nor right, i think.

i do think a coaching change is at hand, but dolan hates doing that.

woody did great for us with the right veterans and young player mix. as for his skill motivating young players and melo without this veteran support i am wondering if he is the right guy now.

sucks, or we make deals from weakness involving shump or whoever else's value is down.

I don't agree with the bold. The vets covered up his lack of coaching ability.

Im sure Woody can stop the athletic guards of opponents from physically manhandling our guards? Im sure Woody can stop Ryan Andersen torching Carmelo from 28 feet? That team had better players even without Davis. Who was checking Evans? The guy was walking into the lane--knick PGs dont have the ability to guard a 6-6 PG with his speed.

Those points you mentioned and Woody's lack of coaching ability is not mutually exclusive. They are all happening at the same time. This is why we suck right now. Those things happening that you mentioned does not make it impossible for Woody to be a bad coach.

Let me ask the people in this thread what are the issues Woody had as a coach in his 1st playoff vs the Heat. Then look at every single playoff series after that and ask yourself if he fixed those problems he had. He was continually getting exposed in the playoffs, including in ATL. Now the teams are doing it in the regular season.

AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/1/2013  10:29 PM
TeamBall wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knickscity wrote:L.

Jrue with a triple double, I'd even be willing to bet Ryan Anderson outscores Melo.

Welp at least on the positive, J Rue didnt get the trip dub....lol

This team is so damn bad...cant even beat the team without davis.

Have to be the dumbest team in the league

no dispute there.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/1/2013  10:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Dagger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:JR after admitting his knees are bothering him gets almost 35 minutes, Shump having his best game this season 22. It almost feels like nepotism.

Maybe there's more to JR and Woodson's "father-son relationship" than meets the eye. Perhaps a dna test is in order.

Seriously, all I can say is WTF? Enough already, Let Mrs. Herb Williams coach.

Not sure what is up with the treatment of jr. Obviously it goes beyond Woodson because of the Chris signing. If someone on the current staff is going to continue to play jr no matter what he or his teammates are doing then hopefully mills tries to bring in an outsider. Somehow that doesn't seem likely.

I would force them to fire me if there was an arrangement, especially if I was already set for life. Guess firing his agent and getting one from CAA was the canary in the coalmine.

That and he kinda/sorta endorsed Chris smith being on the team. Chris is the guy in the 'prospect watch' box on the Bayhawks team page.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/1/2013  10:31 PM
Clean wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Clean wrote:
PresIke wrote:we have talent, but the mix is not working, nor right, i think.

i do think a coaching change is at hand, but dolan hates doing that.

woody did great for us with the right veterans and young player mix. as for his skill motivating young players and melo without this veteran support i am wondering if he is the right guy now.

sucks, or we make deals from weakness involving shump or whoever else's value is down.

I don't agree with the bold. The vets covered up his lack of coaching ability.

Im sure Woody can stop the athletic guards of opponents from physically manhandling our guards? Im sure Woody can stop Ryan Andersen torching Carmelo from 28 feet? That team had better players even without Davis. Who was checking Evans? The guy was walking into the lane--knick PGs dont have the ability to guard a 6-6 PG with his speed.

Those points you mentioned and Woody's lack of coaching ability is not mutually exclusive. They are all happening at the same time. This is why we suck right now. Those things happening that you mentioned does not make it impossible for Woody to be a bad coach.

Let me ask the people in this thread what are the issues Woody had as a coach in his 1st playoff vs the Heat. Then look at every single playoff series after that and ask yourself if he fixed those problems he had. He was continually getting exposed in the playoffs, including in ATL. Now the teams are doing it in the regular season.

It doesnt matter who coaches the Knicks. Did you watch the game--what team had more physical basketball talent? And Davis played 6 minutes and hes the best player on either side. So if we had Phil Jackson wed be 5-11 rather than 3-13--who FC?

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/1/2013  10:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Dagger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:JR after admitting his knees are bothering him gets almost 35 minutes, Shump having his best game this season 22. It almost feels like nepotism.

Maybe there's more to JR and Woodson's "father-son relationship" than meets the eye. Perhaps a dna test is in order.

Seriously, all I can say is WTF? Enough already, Let Mrs. Herb Williams coach.

Not sure what is up with the treatment of jr. Obviously it goes beyond Woodson because of the Chris signing. If someone on the current staff is going to continue to play jr no matter what he or his teammates are doing then hopefully mills tries to bring in an outsider. Somehow that doesn't seem likely.

I would force them to fire me if there was an arrangement, especially if I was already set for life. Guess firing his agent and getting one from CAA was the canary in the coalmine.

That and he kinda/sorta endorsed Chris smith being on the team. Chris is the guy in the 'prospect watch' box on the Bayhawks team page.

Like a true company man. Take no pleasure in saying these things after I said that he deserved some time. But there are things time won't solve like JR treated like he's bulletproof.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/1/2013  10:40 PM
I'm tired of the roster excuse for why the team is playing poorly. Execution has NOTHING to do with pure athletic ability. Woody's team isn't losing because of talent. Dude is making poor decisions and the team lacks fundamental BB principles. They can't close games due to breakdowns in basic defense and offense. That's on him. He isn't playing the right players for the right reasons. He has no answers.
Clean
Member: #743
12/1/2013  10:48 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm tired of the roster excuse for why the team is playing poorly. Execution has NOTHING to do with pure athletic ability. Woody's team isn't losing because of talent. Dude is making poor decisions and the team lacks fundamental BB principles. They can't close games due to breakdowns in basic defense and offense. That's on him. He isn't playing the right players for the right reasons. He has no answers.

It baffles me how some posters just can not see how bad of a coach he is.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/1/2013  10:53 PM
well I have been told carmelo Drags his teams to the playoffs.. Hell can he at least DRAG us to a win? smh.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/1/2013  11:05 PM
the only way you get out of this downward spiral is to put your five best defenders out there. it is ass backwards to have a team who plays defense only so long as they are playing well on offense.

conditioning is an issue, of course, but we have to get a solid defensive effort to right the ship.

woodson was looking for a change in attitude tonight and he didn't quite get it. he needs to take drastic measures now. he should abandon the switching and throw a zone in there once in a while too.

starters:

prigioni
shumpert
artest
martin
anthony

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
BRIGGS
12/1/2013  11:17 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm tired of the roster excuse for why the team is playing poorly. Execution has NOTHING to do with pure athletic ability. Woody's team isn't losing because of talent. Dude is making poor decisions and the team lacks fundamental BB principles. They can't close games due to breakdowns in basic defense and offense. That's on him. He isn't playing the right players for the right reasons. He has no answers.

What coach do you want? Lets hear it

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
12/1/2013  11:19 PM
We already know Woody doesn't have any answers! What he's done is all he's got! He doesn't have any other ideas. When has he ever shown the coaching acumen to make adjustments?
knickscity
USA
12/1/2013  11:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

D'antoni, he's the only one he slobs over.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/1/2013  11:21 PM
How about this its BOTH Woody and the talent. We have some many gusy who have no concept of defese(melo bargs JR THJR Felton Udrih and of course Amare. Besides Tyson we have no decent big men. I give melo props since he doesnt have much help but he is never gonna be a player who can lead a team deep. Bargs is what he is which is having some good spurst then being invisible
knickscity
USA
12/1/2013  11:23 PM
The Knicks allowed the pelicans to score 103 WITHOUT Anthony Davis....and his shot was off even when he did play.

The team has no damn heart.

nixluva
USA
12/1/2013  11:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Who would you want? This isn't about me. Mills and Dolan have to make that decision. Guys like Hollins are out there and we all know the other names. Most are better than Woody IMO.

BRIGGS
12/1/2013  11:32 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Who would you want? This isn't about me. Mills and Dolan have to make that decision. Guys like Hollins are out there and we all know the other names. Most are better than Woody IMO.

My take is that no coach will do materially better --its kind of ridiculous to say fire the coach and have no substitute in your mind.

RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
USA
12/1/2013  11:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

My take is that no coach will do materially better --its kind of ridiculous to say fire the coach and have no substitute in your mind.

Usually when a coach gets canned, the team gets a "few win" bump....maybe that bump justifies this garbage team.

but this team is terrible, most knew it over the summer.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/1/2013  11:35 PM
dk7th wrote:the only way you get out of this downward spiral is to put your five best defenders out there. it is ass backwards to have a team who plays defense only so long as they are playing well on offense.

conditioning is an issue, of course, but we have to get a solid defensive effort to right the ship.

woodson was looking for a change in attitude tonight and he didn't quite get it. he needs to take drastic measures now. he should abandon the switching and throw a zone in there once in a while too.

starters:

prigioni
shumpert
artest
martin
anthony

even that lineup is small, not that athletic, old and not that talented.... if that is our best hope, we are in real trouble..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
12/1/2013  11:40 PM
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Usually when a coach gets canned, the team gets a "few win" bump....maybe that bump justifies this garbage team.

Jim Dolan just came out and said he liked Woody and hes a very patient man. Woodys going no where--he cant play for the team. I did not see anything that he did that was so awful--the only things that I see that he has not tried within reason are using Murry and Aldrich--replace Prigs with Murry and start Aldrich at the C. He has not tried that--and maybe he shouldve--its within reason to try.

RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
USA
12/1/2013  11:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2013  11:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Jim Dolan just came out and said he liked Woody and hes a very patient man. Woodys going no where--he cant play for the team. I did not see anything that he did that was so awful--the only things that I see that he has not tried within reason are using Murry and Aldrich--replace Prigs with Murry and start Aldrich at the C. He has not tried that--and maybe he shouldve--its within reason to try.

I doubt playing the end of the bench would be the cure, but I wouldnt be opposed.

The one thing i did see was Shump got benched for calling out Melo....but cant blame Woody for that, Melo runs the team.

And of course playing JR Shyt.

Game Thread: Pelicans lose the feathers, they are now the naked birds and uglier than before

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy