Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

11/28/2013  2:07 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the Second unit has continually sucked the life out of most games.

Melo has to pass more and finish better but thats the story of his career recently

Are you ****ing kidding me? Who is he passing to? 7 point scoring JR Smith? Let's be serious for a moment, no one on this team is worth **** outside of Melo. It's just that Melo is a convenient scapegoat because he's so visible and not particularly personable.

Agree. Amare seems to have mastered the turnover on offense/rest on defense and not watch the ball. Shump is putting up air balls now. I don't know how you fix that. I think he needs a new situation. He is a good player but his struggles are mental. Beno has been really bad and really slow. JR, Metta, and Stat didn't score in the first half.

We need to trade Amar'e for whatever we can get. That Boston deal for Courtney Lee, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries seems awfully tempting, especially considering what we could do with Humphries' expiring contract.

I love that deal. I think you have to look at the present and the future. Saying you might impact what could possibly happen doesn't always workout (see summer of 2010). Hump is a good player. I hate him as a fan of another team. Same with Crash. Those guys are roughnecks. A rotation with Crash, Metta, KMart and Hump is going to bump and thump teams.

Exactly! As much as cap space is important, I think we confuse more with better despite the two not being inherent to each other. Dallas has had maximal cap space twice during the past 4 seasons and they have nothing to show for it. We need a balanced approach and it's not like such a deal will eliminate our cap space. Besides, 2016 is when Kyrie Irving will be available and is when we really should look to have a max salary slot open.

As for Gerald Wallace, I'd want him to specifically get rid of Metta. I like Metta's personality but he's been done since 2010 and we don't need dead weight.

That's a terrible trade that barely improves us short term and hurts us long term. And we have no hope of signing Kyrie Irving in 2016; he'll be a restricted free agent, Cleveland has his full Bird rights, and they'll match any offer for him including a max.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AUTOADVERT
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

11/28/2013  2:18 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
markvmc wrote:Stat's last year is a player option. I wonder if you made it clear to him that he would not get a minute's playing time, would he not pick it up. Obviously he wouldn't get close to his max anywhere else, but he might be a guy that prefers playing to warming the bench.

No matter how much pride one has it's pretty damn hard to walk away from 20 mil. No chance.

Yeah, that's true. Briggs on another thread floated the idea of giving him a front office slot instead of taking his player option. I hope they're considering something to have him off the books next season.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/28/2013  2:22 PM
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Vmart wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the Second unit has continually sucked the life out of most games.

Melo has to pass more and finish better but thats the story of his career recently

Are you ****ing kidding me? Who is he passing to? 7 point scoring JR Smith? Let's be serious for a moment, no one on this team is worth **** outside of Melo. It's just that Melo is a convenient scapegoat because he's so visible and not particularly personable.

Agree. Amare seems to have mastered the turnover on offense/rest on defense and not watch the ball. Shump is putting up air balls now. I don't know how you fix that. I think he needs a new situation. He is a good player but his struggles are mental. Beno has been really bad and really slow. JR, Metta, and Stat didn't score in the first half.

We need to trade Amar'e for whatever we can get. That Boston deal for Courtney Lee, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries seems awfully tempting, especially considering what we could do with Humphries' expiring contract.

No this is a bad idea that will not work out well for the Knicks. Let Amare's contract expire.

No it's not. Value for no value is always a win. You just need to "make it count".

But it isnt value, two of those three players arent good and one of those two has a contract longer than amare's.

You have to think about it....who would take on amare's bad deal? Only a team with a worser one.

You're looking at things from too narrow a view. Factors that influence trades are broad and diverse. Amar'e offers you nothing from a production standpoint but his contract can be extremely valuable to a rebuilding team. For the Celtics, Amar'e offers $21 million in savings for the 2015-2016 season and could potentially free 3 roster spots necessary to develop talent on the backend. That flexibility is nothing to scoff at from a value perspective. Pay closer attention to the league because these trades happen ALL the time. Cleveland traded Ilgaukas (then got him back the same season) for a 20-10 Antawn Jamison during the 2009-2010 season. The Warriors once upon a time, got an all-star Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis, neither of whom lasted beyond that season in New Orleans. Tyson Chandler was traded from the Bobcats for Erick Dampier, who was immediately waived. The list goes on and on. The fact is that the Celtics have some pretty good role players that are a poor fit for a rebuilding team and are grossly overpaid. They can be traded for Amar'e but it is not a reflection of their being a lack of talent/production.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/28/2013  2:31 PM
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I love that deal. I think you have to look at the present and the future. Saying you might impact what could possibly happen doesn't always workout (see summer of 2010). Hump is a good player. I hate him as a fan of another team. Same with Crash. Those guys are roughnecks. A rotation with Crash, Metta, KMart and Hump is going to bump and thump teams.

Exactly! As much as cap space is important, I think we confuse more with better despite the two not being inherent to each other. Dallas has had maximal cap space twice during the past 4 seasons and they have nothing to show for it. We need a balanced approach and it's not like such a deal will eliminate our cap space. Besides, 2016 is when Kyrie Irving will be available and is when we really should look to have a max salary slot open.

As for Gerald Wallace, I'd want him to specifically get rid of Metta. I like Metta's personality but he's been done since 2010 and we don't need dead weight.

That's a terrible trade that barely improves us short term and hurts us long term. And we have no hope of signing Kyrie Irving in 2016; he'll be a restricted free agent, Cleveland has his full Bird rights, and they'll match any offer for him including a max.

Kyrie Irving was drafted in 2011 and standard rookie contracts are 4 years. That being said, he'll be a restricted free agent in 2015, which Hoopshype confirms. If he takes the one year qualifying offer for the 2015-2016, he'll effectively be an unrestricted free agent in 2016, ala David Lee in 2010. With the way things are going over there, I think it's likely he'll take this option and choose his new franchise accordingly.

As for the Boston deal, is it earth-shattering? No because if it was, we'd need to give up more than Amar'e. That doesn't mean that these guys can help us win games though because they have at each of their previous destinations.

GameThread: Knicks take the clips fishing for tuna, win me some Kuna

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy