GameThread: Knicks take the clips fishing for tuna, win me some Kuna
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/28/2013  1:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the Second unit has continually sucked the life out of most games.

Melo has to pass more and finish better but thats the story of his career recently

Are you ****ing kidding me? Who is he passing to? 7 point scoring JR Smith? Let's be serious for a moment, no one on this team is worth **** outside of Melo. It's just that Melo is a convenient scapegoat because he's so visible and not particularly personable.

Agree. Amare seems to have mastered the turnover on offense/rest on defense and not watch the ball. Shump is putting up air balls now. I don't know how you fix that. I think he needs a new situation. He is a good player but his struggles are mental. Beno has been really bad and really slow. JR, Metta, and Stat didn't score in the first half.

We need to blow this up because it's not going to work. Our backcourt needs a MAJOR face lift. I suggest we start minor by moving Beno to the Warriors for a ****ty 2nd round pick and develop Toure Murry on the backend. Then, trade Shumpert for the best player available.

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation

11/28/2013  1:09 AM
nixluva wrote:Not for nothing but Woody isn't helping either. There are just too many times where Knicks players are all bunched together not knowing where to go. So many times we see guys walking into the way when another player has a post up. Poor spacing. No deception to the offense. Allowing JR and MWP to jack bad shots. They miss because there's no rhythm to the offense. No down screens, curls, passing with a purpose, off ball movement, cutters... That's all on Woody. What are they practicing?

They DON'T practice offense. I remember reading that the modus operandi is to let the players do whatever they want on offense so long as they play defense. Part of it is to hide the fact that Woody has no ****ing idea what he's doing on offense. This was true of him in Atlanta and true of him today, now that he can't run D'Antoni's schemes anymore.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2013  1:10 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the Second unit has continually sucked the life out of most games.

Melo has to pass more and finish better but thats the story of his career recently

Are you ****ing kidding me? Who is he passing to? 7 point scoring JR Smith? Let's be serious for a moment, no one on this team is worth **** outside of Melo. It's just that Melo is a convenient scapegoat because he's so visible and not particularly personable.

Agree. Amare seems to have mastered the turnover on offense/rest on defense and not watch the ball. Shump is putting up air balls now. I don't know how you fix that. I think he needs a new situation. He is a good player but his struggles are mental. Beno has been really bad and really slow. JR, Metta, and Stat didn't score in the first half.

We need to blow this up because it's not going to work. Our backcourt needs a MAJOR face lift. I suggest we start minor by moving Beno to the Warriors for a ****ty 2nd round pick and develop Toure Murry on the backend. Then, trade Shumpert for the best player available.

Not a bad plan and I like the idea of getting Waiters. He is a bit of a knucklehead but he has a ton of talent. Shump's mistakes on offense and defense have reached Chuck Knoblauch status in my opinion. Both guys need a change of scenery. Nothing wrong with that but don't wait and try to make something work that isn't going to.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation

11/28/2013  1:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

We need to trade Amar'e for whatever we can get. That Boston deal for Courtney Lee, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries seems awfully tempting, especially considering what we could do with Humphries' expiring contract.

NardDogNation

11/28/2013  1:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Not a bad plan and I like the idea of getting Waiters. He is a bit of a knucklehead but he has a ton of talent. Shump's mistakes on offense and defense have reached Chuck Knoblauch status in my opinion. Both guys need a change of scenery. Nothing wrong with that but don't wait and try to make something work that isn't going to.

I still see that Waiters deal as means to another. He has more "potential" than Shumpert, which is code for "he'll get us a better deal if we're patient with him". I still feel that the domino we need to fall for us is Aaron Afflalo because he is so efficient and such a steady player that could bring calm to our backcourt.

CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2013  1:17 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

We need to trade Amar'e for whatever we can get. That Boston deal for Courtney Lee, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries seems awfully tempting, especially considering what we could do with Humphries' expiring contract.

I love that deal. I think you have to look at the present and the future. Saying you might impact what could possibly happen doesn't always workout (see summer of 2010). Hump is a good player. I hate him as a fan of another team. Same with Crash. Those guys are roughnecks. A rotation with Crash, Metta, KMart and Hump is going to bump and thump teams.
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2013  1:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I still see that Waiters deal as means to another. He has more "potential" than Shumpert, which is code for "he'll get us a better deal if we're patient with him". I still feel that the domino we need to fall for us is Aaron Afflalo because he is so efficient and such a steady player that could bring calm to our backcourt.

Agree. Waiters might also get the Knicks Faried. I love Kenyon and how he is playing but I think his time is limited on the court. The Knicks need him but he is the only guy to have micro fracture surgery on both knees.
NardDogNation

11/28/2013  1:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I love that deal. I think you have to look at the present and the future. Saying you might impact what could possibly happen doesn't always workout (see summer of 2010). Hump is a good player. I hate him as a fan of another team. Same with Crash. Those guys are roughnecks. A rotation with Crash, Metta, KMart and Hump is going to bump and thump teams.

Exactly! As much as cap space is important, I think we confuse more with better despite the two not being inherent to each other. Dallas has had maximal cap space twice during the past 4 seasons and they have nothing to show for it. We need a balanced approach and it's not like such a deal will eliminate our cap space. Besides, 2016 is when Kyrie Irving will be available and is when we really should look to have a max salary slot open.

As for Gerald Wallace, I'd want him to specifically get rid of Metta. I like Metta's personality but he's been done since 2010 and we don't need dead weight.

NardDogNation

11/28/2013  1:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2013  1:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Agree. Waiters might also get the Knicks Faried. I love Kenyon and how he is playing but I think his time is limited on the court. The Knicks need him but he is the only guy to have micro fracture surgery on both knees.

Agreed. I hope we go hard after Ivan Johnson in March because I doubt Martin stays healthy for us. And I also think Waiters is a better tool to get Faried, although getting Faried would be a lot like putting rims on a '93, broken down Pontiac. We desperately need better backcourt play, namely at the PG spot and I think that that needs to be addressed first.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/28/2013  1:41 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Agreed. I hope we go hard after Ivan Johnson in March because I doubt Martin stays healthy for us. And I also think Waiters is a better tool to get Faried, although getting Faried would be a lot like putting rims on a '93, broken down Pontiac. We desperately need better backcourt play, namely at the PG spot and I think that that needs to be addressed first.

He has to trust his passing skills and hit the cutter. He also needs to swing the ball back out and sometimes re-post but other times get on the move. The offense could help him more with more motion weak side but like I mentioned he missed open cutters a lot. He was not why they loss this game but unfortunately he has to play perfect for the team to have a chance.

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
11/28/2013  1:41 AM
STAT with a -29 in this one I see
Legalize di NBA
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2013  1:50 AM
skeng wrote:STAT with a -29 in this one I see
Yeah and that isn't the most accurate stat. He was brutal out thers. His defense is ridiculously bad. He seems to turnover the ball every other time on offense.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/28/2013  10:21 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

No this is a bad idea that will not work out well for the Knicks. Let Amare's contract expire.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

11/28/2013  10:47 AM
Stat's last year is a player option. I wonder if you made it clear to him that he would not get a minute's playing time, would he not pick it up. Obviously he wouldn't get close to his max anywhere else, but he might be a guy that prefers playing to warming the bench.
NardDogNation

11/28/2013  10:57 AM
Vmart wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

No this is a bad idea that will not work out well for the Knicks. Let Amare's contract expire.

No it's not. Value for no value is always a win. You just need to "make it count".

CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2013  10:57 AM
markvmc wrote:Stat's last year is a player option. I wonder if you made it clear to him that he would not get a minute's playing time, would he not pick it up. Obviously he wouldn't get close to his max anywhere else, but he might be a guy that prefers playing to warming the bench.
I wonder also if they could pay him to take it. Not sure how that works under the cba.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/28/2013  11:03 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
Vmart wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

No it's not. Value for no value is always a win. You just need to "make it count".

But it isnt value, two of those three players arent good and one of those two has a contract longer than amare's.

You have to think about it....who would take on amare's bad deal? Only a team with a worser one.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/28/2013  11:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Bargs 20/10 with 4 blocks. Did a better job in the 4th which was where there was the biggest room for improvement. Has to keep it up.

HE CAN score 100 points and his team will still be down 30.. he has no impact on a game, regardless what he does... he is a bum..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/28/2013  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2013  11:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

nuggets said they are not interested in moving faried... and if they do, they won't do so for players with issues.. jeez...guys like faried are not going to come easy.... no waiters, no shumpert.... those guys are not enough.. you would not trade faried for those guys.. why would denver?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
H1AND1
Member: #5648

11/28/2013  1:05 PM
markvmc wrote:Stat's last year is a player option. I wonder if you made it clear to him that he would not get a minute's playing time, would he not pick it up. Obviously he wouldn't get close to his max anywhere else, but he might be a guy that prefers playing to warming the bench.

No matter how much pride one has it's pretty damn hard to walk away from 20 mil. No chance.

GameThread: Knicks take the clips fishing for tuna, win me some Kuna

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy