[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread - Knicks @ Blazers. Will the Knicks play well or get played?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
11/26/2013  5:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2013  5:37 AM
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:Looking at the lowlights during the postgame show I seen a defensive play that pretty much sums up how bad Woody is on D. He runs a double team on a postup and the defender is only one pass away. So instead of playing man D and getting a contested postup shot he gives up a wide open 3 to Lilard. You can not give NBA players open 3's.

Woody is a FRAUD. He got over with having a HOT Melo and Jason Kidd to lean on last year. When you really break down his skills as a coach it's far less impressive than his gaudy regular season record. He's showing us NOTHING this year. Team looks poorly coached and now that he's the sole source of guidance you can see he's got no answers.

What's the point?

This seems to be a theme we hit on nightly, but once again the Knicks had a tough time stopping the opposing point guard. Damian Lillard had 23 points and six assists. He routinely got by Beno Udrih, the Knicks' starter. New York entered play Monday night allowing point guards to score an average of 21 points per game. Not good. You can bet that Chris Paul is looking forward to Wednesday night.

They lost 102-91 to the Blazers on Monday, their sixth straight defeat. They haven't loss six straight since March 2012, when Mike D'Antoni was coaching the team
- ESPM.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/26/2013  5:44 AM
Just admit the team isnt good, and it will make you feel much better.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/26/2013  5:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2013  5:59 AM
Love Amares comments
ccch
Member: #3876

11/26/2013  6:30 AM
Woody has the talent...just doesn't know how to use them. Subs like a kid in a candy store...I'll have some of this and some of that etc. Seems like he subs because he has to get them in to get their predefined minutes instead of having any type of strategy.

Whatever happens, I hope the new coach removes Herb. I have the feeling he wants the team to fail hoping he'll get another chance at HC. Don't like his vibe or demeanor on the bench.

gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2013  7:12 AM
Dagger wrote:As I said before:

3-10

Nice round number

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/26/2013  7:35 AM
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:Looking at the lowlights during the postgame show I seen a defensive play that pretty much sums up how bad Woody is on D. He runs a double team on a postup and the defender is only one pass away. So instead of playing man D and getting a contested postup shot he gives up a wide open 3 to Lilard. You can not give NBA players open 3's.

Woody is a FRAUD. He got over with having a HOT Melo and Jason Kidd to lean on last year. When you really break down his skills as a coach it's far less impressive than his gaudy regular season record. He's showing us NOTHING this year. Team looks poorly coached and now that he's the sole source of guidance you can see he's got no answers.

Thats over the top. After your incessant defense of MDA regardless of how poorly the team was playing, you should avoid using words like fraud. The man won more games every year he was in Atlanta and that includes his time in NY. His achilles heel has been the playoffs. I agree he's doing a lousy job of instilling some discipline in his squad, but "fraud", not after you holding your tongue for 4 years because you were such an enormous fan of the last coach. Its just plain wrong.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/26/2013  8:17 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Thats over the top. After your incessant defense of MDA regardless of how poorly the team was playing, you should avoid using words like fraud. The man won more games every year he was in Atlanta and that includes his time in NY. His achilles heel has been the playoffs. I agree he's doing a lousy job of instilling some discipline in his squad, but "fraud", not after you holding your tongue for 4 years because you were such an enormous fan of the last coach. Its just plain wrong.

dude im sorry but woodson is just not a good coach. maybe he knows defense, maybe he doesn't, but his offensive schemes are awful, there is no ball movement, no creativity. our young players haven't improved. this team constantly comes out of timeouts and runs dog**** plays. woodson is not the ONLY problem with this team, but he's gotta go - it's time.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
GustavBahler

11/26/2013  8:26 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

dude im sorry but woodson is just not a good coach. maybe he knows defense, maybe he doesn't, but his offensive schemes are awful, there is no ball movement, no creativity. our young players haven't improved. this team constantly comes out of timeouts and runs dog**** plays. woodson is not the ONLY problem with this team, but he's gotta go - it's time.

The only problem I had with Nix's post was the use of the word "fraud". I believe Woodson has enough of a track record that its unfair to use that word to describe his career as a coach. He is a good coach not an exceptional one, but that's a long way from being a "fraud". If Woodson is replaced I can't say that he didn't deserve it, but Its wrong to act like the man hasn't accomplished anything in this league.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/26/2013  8:37 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

what are you talking about? tell me one play that he runs in crunch time which is not iso melo top of the key?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/26/2013  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2013  8:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The only problem I had with Nix's post was the use of the word "fraud". I believe Woodson has enough of a track record that its unfair to use that word to describe his career as a coach. He is a good coach not an exceptional one, but that's a long way from being a "fraud". If Woodson is replaced I can't say that he didn't deserve it, but Its wrong to act like the man hasn't accomplished anything in this league.

larry brown and woodson are both frauds... does that make you feel better? i mean are you kidding me.... larry brown talked his way into a big contract from dolan and so did woodson. larry brown stopped coaching his team and so did woodson. folding your hands and looking wide eyed at refs or players is NOT coaching!

his body language says it all... he doesn't have a clue.

dolan has got to be the dumbest owner in all of basketball. he gets lucky and hires a good guy only to exert his power over the guy and force his hand into leaving. you really think steve mills is gonna get you to the promised land...? is mills' track record really that good, or does he really know how to schmooze dolan...? think about it at least.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

11/26/2013  8:46 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

what are you talking about? tell me one play that he runs in crunch time which is not iso melo top of the key?

Again, you might disagree with the job he's doing but thats a long way from being a fraud. We had our best season in more than a decade. Woodson was doing something right. I agree he's not doing a good job, but Its flat out wrong to say the man was never able to coach.

GustavBahler

11/26/2013  8:50 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

larry brown and woodson are both frauds... does that make you feel better? i mean are you kidding me.... larry brown talked his way into a big contract from dolan and so did woodson. larry brown stopped coaching his team and so did woodson. folding your hands and looking wide eyed at refs or players is NOT coaching!

his body language says it all... he doesn't have a clue.

dolan has got to be the dumbest owner in all of basketball. he gets lucky and hires a good guy only to exert his power over the guy and force his hand into leaving. you really think steve mills is gonna get you to the promised land...? is mills' track record really that good, or does he really know how to schmooze dolan...? think about it at least.

Larry Brown did a lousy job but he is a championship coach in college and in the pros, not a fraud, as much as you are trying to change the meaning of the word.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/26/2013  9:11 AM
D'Antoni's a genius, Lin was the greatest PG the world has ever known, Woodson's an inept idiot, blow it all up now, and after 13 games the world has ended.

What a difference a year makes...

toad
Member: #4338

11/26/2013  9:51 AM
jrodmc wrote:D'Antoni's a genius, Lin was the greatest PG the world has ever known, Woodson's an inept idiot, blow it all up now, and after 13 games the world has ended.

Honestly, you are the whiniest twitchiest bytch in this whole place.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/26/2013  9:56 AM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:D'Antoni's a genius, Lin was the greatest PG the world has ever known, Woodson's an inept idiot, blow it all up now, and after 13 games the world has ended.

Are you going to cry next? Stamp your feet maybe?

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/26/2013  10:39 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Love Amares comments

I loved the bit where they asked him why the ball wasn't moving and he just laughed.

I like that he's speaking out about that, but I find it worrying that he thinks its just the offesne that's the problem and not the abysmal defense.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/26/2013  10:43 AM
We reallt need some cheerleader pictures in game threads. I see a direct correlation between our poor start and the lack of quality pictures in the game threads
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2013  10:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Love Amares comments

I loved the bit where they asked him why the ball wasn't moving and he just laughed.

I like that he's speaking out about that, but I find it worrying that he thinks its just the offesne that's the problem and not the abysmal defense.

He isn't the only one not defending

smackeddog
11/26/2013  11:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Are you going to cry next? Stamp your feet maybe?

The Knicks locker room is probably like this at the moment!

smackeddog
11/26/2013  11:01 AM
ramtour420 wrote:We reallt need some cheerleader pictures in game threads. I see a direct correlation between our poor start and the lack of quality pictures in the game threads

Dolan got rid of the Knick cheerleaders- people are holding back the cheerleader photos as an act of solidarity...

Game Thread - Knicks @ Blazers. Will the Knicks play well or get played?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy