Member: #407

11/24/2013  12:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
playa2 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
playa2 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
playa2 wrote:
holfresh wrote:I still can't believe we came back with the same crew then added another slow PG after seeing what happened to the Knicks last year when Felton went down...

Bibby
BD
Kidd
Prigs
now Beno..

At some point someone will figure this out...

We will never want that kind of pg as long as Melo is here.

When the ball is moved by all the players that when we will need that type of pg.

Management has made up their minds , not to let Melo be a decoy, he must be involved with the ball all the time.

What type of PG is that?? Like Lin u mean??..

Any pg that holds on to the ball and runs an offense.

U object to Melo holding the ball but support another player pounding the rock for 15 sec of the 24...

Not just pounding the rock like Melo, because there is no motion by the other players when he does that.

Holding the rock is how Nash played and how Lin played looking for others while creating for themselves when applicable.

It still comes down to one guy holding the ball and in Lin's case, calling his own number the majority of the times...Lin led the team in FG attempts and more than doubled teammates TO numbers...Pretty basketball??

It's called motion basketball , where the defense can't rest on defense, knowing their man might cut and receive a pass for a layup by over playing their own man..

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
toad
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4338

11/24/2013  12:52 PM
Beverley is not a PG. Terrible at running an offense. Lin initiates the offense the vast majority of the time they are out there together. Funny thing about TOs. Rockets are the worst in the league, Knicks are one of the best. One is 9-5 the other is 3-9.

Stop the nonsense. We'd clearly be better off with Lin on this team. He does pretty much everything we are sorely missing. Him, Shump, Melo, Bargs/Metta, a healthy Tyson, all coached competently would be a very watchable playoff team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/24/2013  12:55 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Clean wrote:
holfresh wrote:
playa2 wrote:
holfresh wrote:I still can't believe we came back with the same crew then added another slow PG after seeing what happened to the Knicks last year when Felton went down...

Bibby
BD
Kidd
Prigs
now Beno..

At some point someone will figure this out...

We will never want that kind of pg as long as Melo is here.

When the ball is moved by all the players that when we will need that type of pg.

Management has made up their minds , not to let Melo be a decoy, he must be involved with the ball all the time.

It's a playing style thing as well if that's what u mean..I don't like a PG who dominates the ball and every offensive play originates with him...Lin turns the ball over a lot which is why Harden handles the ball most times when he is in the game...

I would gladly take the turnovers for the constant breaking down the D Lin provides. There is more positives out of breaking down the D than there are negatives from his turnovers.

I think Lin is better with the ball in his hands looking to score...I think he is better coming off the bench in a role where u need offense...Turnovers matters in the playoffs..

Not that that's going to matter for us...

True. And Lin has only 0.2 turnovers a game more than Melo.
Its early in the season so my guess is that changed with the 5 turnovers lin had last night.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2013  1:02 PM
that counted last night. It's 3.2 vs. 3.0 turnovers a game
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/24/2013  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2013  2:21 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:hahaha. When you've lost the argument, as might as well declare that you've won and hope that someone believes you

Harden is a SG who is forced into handling the ball because the other alternative is worse...Harden was ranked last or first(495th) in TO in 2012/13..Lin was ranked 460th in TOs last year...Harden isn't a combo guard..The coaching staff thinks it better that Harden handle the ball...Imagine that...Joe Dumars was a combo guard, Holiday is a combo guard...U aren't a combo guard if u cant defend both positions...

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/24/2013  3:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:hahaha. When you've lost the argument, as might as well declare that you've won and hope that someone believes you

Harden is a SG who is forced into handling the ball because the other alternative is worse...Harden was ranked last or first(495th) in TO in 2012/13..Lin was ranked 460th in TOs last year...Harden isn't a combo guard..The coaching staff thinks it better that Harden handle the ball...Imagine that...Joe Dumars was a combo guard, Holiday is a combo guard...U aren't a combo guard if u cant defend both positions...

Combo guards are generally referred to on offense.

Like jamal Crawford, Monta Ellis, ben Gordon.

Bonn1997
USA
11/24/2013  3:06 PM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Combo guards are generally referred to on offense.

Like jamal Crawford, Monta Ellis, ben Gordon.

Yeah, his argument is getting desperate
biglove44
Member: #4111

11/25/2013  12:56 AM
toad wrote:Beverley is not a PG. Terrible at running an offense. Lin initiates the offense the vast majority of the time they are out there together. Funny thing about TOs. Rockets are the worst in the league, Knicks are one of the best. One is 9-5 the other is 3-9.

Stop the nonsense. We'd clearly be better off with Lin on this team. He does pretty much everything we are sorely missing. Him, Shump, Melo, Bargs/Metta, a healthy Tyson, all coached competently would be a very watchable playoff team.

I wonder if holfresh knows that we know that he's lying...I've never seen anyone exaggerate this much, when speaking about Lin. Harden and Beverly do not handle the ball more because of Lin's TO's and Beverly rarely runs the offense. Anyone who watches Rockets games, knows this.

Bonn1997
USA
11/25/2013  5:56 AM
biglove44 wrote:
toad wrote:Beverley is not a PG. Terrible at running an offense. Lin initiates the offense the vast majority of the time they are out there together. Funny thing about TOs. Rockets are the worst in the league, Knicks are one of the best. One is 9-5 the other is 3-9.

I wonder if holfresh knows that we know that he's lying...I've never seen anyone exaggerate this much, when speaking about Lin. Harden and Beverly do not handle the ball more because of Lin's TO's and Beverly rarely runs the offense. Anyone who watches Rockets games, knows this.

Last year he kept telling us Felton was better than Lin
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/25/2013  7:58 AM
Yea I will take the 3.2 turnovers per game if it equates to the best basketball I've seen since the 90s. What we have now is just not all that great to watch
toad
Member: #4338

11/25/2013  8:29 AM
biglove44 wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty silly. It's like he wants to believe that if Lin sucks it somehow takes away the sting of the Knicks sucking.

Game Thread: Knicks @ Wizards - Saturday, 11/23 7:00 PM - Critical Game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy