[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Current State of Stupidity...
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/29/2013  11:48 AM
You can't separate financial issues from morality. I can call it what it is but I have no idea what you have in mind.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/29/2013  2:57 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:You're right that most of the opposition to same sex marriage comes from conservatives. However, the point is it's just a subset of conservatives - by and large old white men - who oppose gay marriage. For example, a Quinnipiac poll found Republicans split almost 50/50 (43/53) on the recent Supreme Court ruling. Among both Democrats and Independents it was a huge majority favoring the ruling.
And the bigger point is that it doesn't make any sense to care more about who gets married than how much money you take home. You're basically saying you'd pay lots of money to prevent a bunch of strangers from getting married.

I never mentioned Republicans or Democrats; you and Narddognation did.

And all I'm basically saying is that your bigger point is actually a statement on the importance of morality versus finances, masquerading as common $en$e. And that's okay. Just call it what it is.

The only time I mentioned the word "Republican" was to point out the fact that this conversation had nothing to do with them. And I'm still not sure why morality has anything to do with gay marriage. Do you recognize that morality is incredibly subjective? We consider female circumcision to be immoral (as do I), yet we still allow circumcision of males in our own country despite mounting evidence demonstrating it has no health benefits. It's why laws seldom have anything to do with morality and everything to do with practicality, as the Founding Fathers intended. After all, why should your morality trump other competing moral standards? Even more importantly, why should your moral standards dictate the way others choose to live their lives? It's a major reason why I find it so perplexing that someone would be so opposed to a practice that doesn't need to concern them but be completely indifferent to something that does concern them.

The Current State of Stupidity...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy