Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/21/2013  9:35 AM
playa2 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Its not fan bias when you see guys like Lebron and Harden do it, yet is always Melo who gets killed on close calls. When has he ever gotten one go his way? The world could end that night.

But the point remains: this team is capable of winning games, but they don't try every game and in the end are exactly what their record says: losers. What kind of losers? The delirious ones who still think they deserve things because in their minds they are better than anybody else.

Woody has done his work job in his career with this 2013 group. Its embarrassing see them get run off the court by a losing team then decode to try and still lose against a contender.

3-9

While still early, some teams never fully recover from such a lousy start.

This edition doesn't deserve fans' attention. Soon, we wont care.
Another lost year for a franchise that makes the best to embarrass itself and its fans.

playa, we need some youtube to support the conspiracy theory mentioned about league retribution against Dolan for pizzing on Walsh. Please look into it. Thanks.

They still won't believe !!!!!!

But this just might be the one thread that gains you the Nalod seal of credibility!

Just be careful, don't get hurt! (Copyright N_LLC, 2012)

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/21/2013  11:26 AM
Both Bargs and Melo did not close well. Bargs needs more opportunities in the 4th, only way he is going to start delivering. By the way his teammates were trying to cheer him up before the game, and the expression on Shump's face when he stepped onto the court, he's really wired up about all this trade talk. That last foul Shump made was killer and I'm sure has to do with all this drama, at least in part. I am still worried about his lateral movement. Shump doesn't draw charges like he used to, not elevating as much either. Have to guess that its related to his knee. Is it permanent? Sure hope not.
playa2
Member: #407

11/21/2013  11:39 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Both Bargs and Melo did not close well. Bargs needs more opportunities in the 4th, only way he is going to start delivering. By the way his teammates were trying to cheer him up before the game, and the expression on Shump's face when he stepped onto the court, he's really wired up about all this trade talk. That last foul Shump made was killer and I'm sure has to do with all this drama, at least in part. I am still worried about his lateral movement. Shump doesn't draw charges like he used to, not elevating as much either. Have to guess that its related to his knee. Is it permanent? Sure hope not.

If you were in his shoes looking to get paid after rookie contract and already had a few knee surgery's, will you keep giving up your body before you get paid ???

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/21/2013  11:48 AM
Vmart wrote:The Knicks played extremely hard and they still lost. This isn't a good sign this team still doesn't have the coaching and talent to compete with top level teams.

WHat this is called is reality.

what happened to bargs pulling Hibbert away from basket? as I said, bargs doesn't shoot good enough to make the pacers change their game plan and they are great at defending the three point line.

Carmelo played hard.. didn't shoot well, but last night was the hardest I have seen him play, and still wasn't enough. he is going against some bulls.. Lance Stephenson then George.. strong players, great defenders.... carmelo's style of trying to roughneck his way to hoops is not going to cut it... he is working way to hard to get hoops, he does not score baskets easily.. but I have no real problem with how he played last night, just went up against a better player in George and a much better team in the pacers... plain and simple.

Udrih played well, nothing flashy, just effective.. still not enough.

JR smith had his best game of the year.. still not enough..

And I won't blame shumpert on this one. I hate that he is struggling, but the knicks can give it everything they have and they are going to fall short vs these better teams... And that is a reality we have to live with and a reason why I have been yelling about blowing this up... look past my dislike of certain players, that is not the issue here, we just need a complete change.. we need to take a step backwards to take two forward..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/21/2013  11:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Horrible call

correct call.. horrible play by shumpert.. just contest, go straight up. .if PG hits it.. the game is tied and you have the ball with 5 seconds...

play smart!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
GustavBahler

11/21/2013  11:50 AM
playa2 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Both Bargs and Melo did not close well. Bargs needs more opportunities in the 4th, only way he is going to start delivering. By the way his teammates were trying to cheer him up before the game, and the expression on Shump's face when he stepped onto the court, he's really wired up about all this trade talk. That last foul Shump made was killer and I'm sure has to do with all this drama, at least in part. I am still worried about his lateral movement. Shump doesn't draw charges like he used to, not elevating as much either. Have to guess that its related to his knee. Is it permanent? Sure hope not.

If you were in his shoes looking to get paid after rookie contract and already had a few knee surgery's, will you keep giving up your body before you get paid ???

Maybe Shump's level of effort has waned at times, but I reject your implication that he is getting rejected at the rim and isn't moving well laterally because of some hidden plan. Like you said, two surgeries.

tkf
11/21/2013  11:51 AM
In the end, carmelo had the ball, he even flung an elbow at george to clear space, was wide open and bricked that shot.... what more can you ask for?

knicks played hard, carmelo played hard, but you have to play almost perfect if you are the knicks and keep your poise.. kenyon martin is an idiot!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/21/2013  11:52 AM

After Bargs got benched in the 3rd after those two ridiculous BS fouls, he seemed to completely lose his offense. People are focusing on that last shot in regulation, but it was the 3rd Q where we lost this one, and a lot of that was due to a barrage of BS from the ref's.

tkf
11/21/2013  11:53 AM
Vmart wrote:
Clean wrote:The whole point of Bargs was to bring Hibbert out but in the OT he used KMart so the Pacers were able to hide Hibbert on KMart. That move made ISO melo even harder with Hibbert now patrolling the paint.

Good point

when did bargs foul out? the whole thing of bargs bringing hibber out of the paint was another thing I was not buying.. bargs as I figured would be in foul trouble trying to battle vs those bigs down low, and he was... plus the pacers switch and defend the perimeter very well..

GustavBahler

11/21/2013  11:56 AM
smackeddog wrote:

After Bargs got benched in the 3rd after those two ridiculous BS fouls, he seemed to completely lose his offense. People are focusing on that last shot in regulation, but it was the 3rd Q where we lost this one, and a lot of that was due to a barrage of BS from the ref's.

I agree the calls were BS and there were plenty of them, but I attribute Bargs 4th quarter performances as a whole to not getting enough touches in crunch time this season. The only way he's going to be a better closer for us is repetition. I can't blame a bad call in the 3rd for a brick(s) in the 4th.

tkf
11/21/2013  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2013  12:00 PM
blkexec wrote:
ShellTopAdidas wrote:I would trade all these ex Nuggets for Paul George! He's better than everyone on our team.....smh!

Paul George is an example of a super star who deserves what Melo will be asking for next season. Solid two way player, who's unselfish, great team mate, and plays within the flow of the game. Oh did I also say he plays defense....1 on 1 against Melo all game? Wow, I almost forgot what a star player suppose to look like with all this Melo bully ball stuff. Melo knows he's too slow against these younger budding stars, so he plays bully ball. Which puts his entire team on ice, and creates a culture of more iso plays for JR Smith and others. If we are trying to win a championship, this is not the team to do it, and several trades must happen. If we are trying to get a draft pick, sell your talent for picks.....IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

Vs

Allowing any team to just walk all over you all season....

At this rate, Melo will be damaged goods and not even worth any trades....He's a great player, solid scorer....But not the superstar you build around....He's just a great complimentary player, next to your star player.

funny you say that, check out this thread when people like 3g and myself were saying george was the 3rd best SF in the NBA... people on here were trying to smash paul down of course and put him on the level of a glorified danny granger... go figure..

start on page 145

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43118&page=145

He's a great player, solid scorer....But not the superstar you build around.

I think he is a very good streak scorer.. and a solid player.... but I agree with the rest..

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/21/2013  2:42 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Its not fan bias when you see guys like Lebron and Harden do it, yet is always Melo who gets killed on close calls. When has he ever gotten one go his way?

Every time he pushes off and gets a no call
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/21/2013  2:44 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Horrible call

correct call.. horrible play by shumpert.. just contest, go straight up. .if PG hits it.. the game is tied and you have the ball with 5 seconds...

play smart!

Seriously, Crush, do you think Paul Gorge missed the shot by eight feet on his own?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2013  3:43 PM
Yea it was his shooting elbow too. I guess it's something you can only understand if you've play basketball. The slightest contact on the elbow will throw your shot completely off

You can argue sometimes officially will just let it go especially early in the game but most times they make that call cos the game is on the line

misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
11/21/2013  8:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2013  8:20 PM
Stats don't lie

this is what Carmelo and Bargnani shot collectively

14-46

once a knick always a knick
Game Thread: Knicks vs. Pacers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy