Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/20/2013  10:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Where is the homecourt advantage?

Thats only for good teams...

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/20/2013  10:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

These calls are, at best, controversial. But it always seems like we're on the losing end of them. It gets old in a hurry.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

11/20/2013  11:00 PM
Beat the teams you're supposedly better than, and you don't need to worry about calls in a tight game.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/20/2013  11:02 PM
This team is capable of playing better BB. There is this idea in the media and with some fans that this team is incapable of playing winning BB and I vehemently disagree. IMO poor preparation and bad luck have conspired to make for a shaky start, but there is enough talent on this team to get it together and start winning games. As they get healthy and have more time together they'll eventually play better.
blkexec
11/20/2013  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2013  11:10 PM
nixluva wrote:This team is capable of playing better BB. There is this idea in the media and with some fans that this team is incapable of playing winning BB and I vehemently disagree. IMO poor preparation and bad luck have conspired to make for a shaky start, but there is enough talent on this team to get it together and start winning games. As they get healthy and have more time together they'll eventually play better.

One thing that good teams have is balance. People might think Novak and Copeland had little value, but it's clear how valuable they were. Even when they are not hitting shots, you have to respect their outside shot. Frees up the lane for Melo, and why he was the scoring champ.

This year, teams can now bring 2 or 3 guys to Melo, which creates more ISO ball out of frustration and interrupts team chemistry which results in lack of ball movement and a coach afraid to challenge his star players....It's a bad mix all the way around. On paper, we looked great. But it's pretty clear who we are, and nothing will improve any time soon. The harder they push, the more injuries will pile up. Nothing is easy right now, and everybody is pressing, from the coaching staff, players, owners and fans....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/20/2013  11:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Clean wrote:The whole point of Bargs was to bring Hibbert out but in the OT he used KMart so the Pacers were able to hide Hibbert on KMart. That move made ISO melo even harder with Hibbert now patrolling the paint.

Good point

I guarantee you that Woody doesn't even realize that. The weakness of Woody is his X's and O's, Hejust isn't an elite BB mind and this team really NEEDS a coach that can give them an edge. WAY too much ISO and a few actual BB plays isn't gonna cut it.

You do realize Bargs fouled out and that he was guarding Kenyon almost the whole game. West was on Bargs.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/20/2013  11:13 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

These calls are, at best, controversial. But it always seems like we're on the losing end of them. It gets old in a hurry.

Hubert Davis, Larry Johnson controversial but benefitted the Knicks.

blkexec
11/20/2013  11:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2013  11:18 PM
nixluva wrote:This team is capable of playing better BB. There is this idea in the media and with some fans that this team is incapable of playing winning BB and I vehemently disagree. IMO poor preparation and bad luck have conspired to make for a shaky start, but there is enough talent on this team to get it together and start winning games. As they get healthy and have more time together they'll eventually play better.

We might be only a few minor tweeks away from being good (2nd round playoff good). But if that tweek is twerked in the wrong direction, it can get even worse for the tweeker and tweekies (I couldn't resist). And we don't have the right basketball minds in manangement to understand what to tweek. Looks like another soap opera this season. Can't say we are not used to it. I just feel sorry for the fans born in the late 80's. You guys were in diapers the last time the Knicks were relevant.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/20/2013  11:22 PM
The worst play was the Melo charge on Hibbert yet prigs, Bargs, and everyone else picked up blking calls all night long.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/20/2013  11:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hubert Davis, Larry Johnson controversial but benefitted the Knicks.

If you want to go back 14 years to justify the 2013 regular season, then ok, good points.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/21/2013  12:59 AM
very tough loss at home to the best team in the nba.

after seeing udrih play tonight woodson needs to think about making him the starter. i said in preseason that there should have been an audition since my confidence in felton was not strong and now fate has stepped in and perhaps revealed a better way forward. not ideal but better. udrih is smooth and sees the floor better than felton.

i applaud the energy but now they have to bring that energy consistently and play smarter.

some ongoing points of concern:

1) anthony 28 shots to score 30 and a 46TS%
2) bargnani 16 shots to score 10 points and a 30%TS
3) jr smith 19 shots to score 21 points and a 54%TS which is respectable but 1 fta
4) 15 assists and 15 turnovers-- too much hero ball.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/21/2013  4:36 AM
Not even upset about this loss.

More pissed that the team is picking and choosing when to play hard.

They're only showing up for the good teams so far....and still wind up losing.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/21/2013  4:39 AM
F*** you refs, f*** you!

That third Q as pathetic- Bargs gets 2 BS fouls so has to sit, Melo gets a BS foul so has to sit, the return of the BS Hibbert rules- just utter crap.

Would have been a great win, how frustrating to lose it!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2013  7:02 AM
blkexec wrote:

One thing that good teams have is balance. People might think Novak and Copeland had little value, but it's clear how valuable they were. Even when they are not hitting shots, you have to respect their outside shot. Frees up the lane for Melo, and why he was the scoring champ.

This year, teams can now bring 2 or 3 guys to Melo, which creates more ISO ball out of frustration and interrupts team chemistry which results in lack of ball movement and a coach afraid to challenge his star players....It's a bad mix all the way around. On paper, we looked great. But it's pretty clear who we are, and nothing will improve any time soon. The harder they push, the more injuries will pile up. Nothing is easy right now, and everybody is pressing, from the coaching staff, players, owners and fans....

Great Post

gunsnewing
USA
11/21/2013  7:08 AM
dk7th wrote:very tough loss at home to the best team in the nba.

after seeing udrih play tonight woodson needs to think about making him the starter. i said in preseason that there should have been an audition since my confidence in felton was not strong and now fate has stepped in and perhaps revealed a better way forward. not ideal but better. udrih is smooth and sees the floor better than felton.

i applaud the energy but now they have to bring that energy consistently and play smarter.

some ongoing points of concern:

1) anthony 28 shots to score 30 and a 46TS%
2) bargnani 16 shots to score 10 points and a 30%TS
3) jr smith 19 shots to score 21 points and a 54%TS which is respectable but 1 fta
4) 15 assists and 15 turnovers-- too much hero ball.

Yea I can't for the life of me understand why Felton was guaranteed the starter job. Woodson will ultimately go down with Felton

Also how many opportunities to foul and end a game is Woodson going to have?

gunsnewing
USA
11/21/2013  7:44 AM
Kudos to Wally for pointing out the offensive foul on Melo on the last shot in regulation before people started blaming the officials. Wally was an ex player he knows whAt you can and can't do. Melo has to stop leading with the shoulder. You would think Melo would know this after all these years or at least the million dollar coaches on the bench would tell him.

Officiating in the 3rd was atrocious and it would not surprise me if Stern has it out for Dolan and the treatment of Donnie Walsh

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/21/2013  8:04 AM
Its not fan bias when you see guys like Lebron and Harden do it, yet is always Melo who gets killed on close calls. When has he ever gotten one go his way? The world could end that night.

But the point remains: this team is capable of winning games, but they don't try every game and in the end are exactly what their record says: losers. What kind of losers? The delirious ones who still think they deserve things because in their minds they are better than anybody else.

Woody has done his work job in his career with this 2013 group. Its embarrassing see them get run off the court by a losing team then decode to try and still lose against a contender.

3-9

While still early, some teams never fully recover from such a lousy start.

This edition doesn't deserve fans' attention. Soon, we wont care.
Another lost year for a franchise that makes the best to embarrass itself and its fans.

Knicks_Fan
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/21/2013  8:17 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Its not fan bias when you see guys like Lebron and Harden do it, yet is always Melo who gets killed on close calls. When has he ever gotten one go his way? The world could end that night.

But the point remains: this team is capable of winning games, but they don't try every game and in the end are exactly what their record says: losers. What kind of losers? The delirious ones who still think they deserve things because in their minds they are better than anybody else.

Woody has done his work job in his career with this 2013 group. Its embarrassing see them get run off the court by a losing team then decode to try and still lose against a contender.

3-9

Another lost year for a franchise that makes the best to embarrass itself and its fans.

good post.

We were 8-1 with magical geriatrics last year, and finished strong. The injury bug is hitting hard and early, and if this crew could just start playing with some level of psycho urgency and stop wasting energy complaining to the refs about all the blatant non-calls, we can crawl out of this hole.

The weapons are there. We go up by 8, they hit some threes, we're up by only one. We go back up by 8, they hit some shots, we go down by one.

Bargs - 2nd half; no points. He hits just a few of the threes he would have hit against us, and we win.

Fuk your NYC NBA objectivity; if Durant or LeQ or Wade were getting hit (initiating contact or not) like Melo is, he'd have 20 points on free throws alone every night. Durant's patented "get my arms out so I can get hit on every shot attempt" is already legend even for the idiots broadcasting the Knicks on radio.
Melo gets destroyed every freakin game, but Superstar Paul George gets a barely fingertip brushed elbow on a three by Shump and the whistle blows.

playa, we need some youtube to support the conspiracy theory mentioned about league retribution against Dolan for pizzing on Walsh. Please look into it. Thanks.

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/21/2013  8:41 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Its not fan bias when you see guys like Lebron and Harden do it, yet is always Melo who gets killed on close calls. When has he ever gotten one go his way? The world could end that night.

3-9

playa, we need some youtube to support the conspiracy theory mentioned about league retribution against Dolan for pizzing on Walsh. Please look into it. Thanks.

They still won't believe !!!!!!

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/21/2013  9:26 AM

3-9

the refs have been fairly consistent with their offensive fouls calls and non-calls on anthony. he bowls over a lot of defenders when he lowers that shoulder. but he gets far more leeway when he backs guys down, like he did against george last night a few times in the first half. but when he faces the basket and drives and tries to create space with his shoulder then he runs a risk, especially when the game is on the line. there will be a lot of no calls until then, so if he can find a way to score without that shoulder lead the knicks would be better off.

i like the spin move to the baseline off the right block, or the two brush screens going from right to left. these are a high percentage shots for him.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Game Thread: Knicks vs. Pacers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy