Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:The Knicks could use Copeland's scoring abilities

We could, but he chose the money and went to the team we just fought against in the playoffs- don't begrudge him, but his agent did a fantastic job of spinning it so it looked like we made him do it!

We didn't offer him a contract.

Yeah, he could have helped us more than Pablo.
We also should have had team options on years 2 and 3 of the contract we offered him anyway.

Not really sure why Pablo had to have part of the mle, but then again MWP wanted to be a Knick his whole life and got the other part.

I dont think the team can offer a three year deal in this cba to undrafted guys, but that second year should have been automatic.

I don't know. Somehow Patrick Beverly had a team option on the 2nd and 3rd years. Maybe it's because Houston was under the cap?

Bonn, what do your stats tell us we need to do to fix this mess?!

Hire a good metrics analyst and give him the power to make all final decisions.

That's working out well for Memphis..Didn't they hire the god of metrics??

they traded their leading scorer and still went to the wcf....seems like metrics paid well.

With Gay they might of been in the Finals...Went to the ECF and lose 4-0 isn't anything to be proud of...

Basketball doesnt work in "what if's and might have beens", you are what you did....Grizz lost nothing when they traded Rudy.

Since when is making the Conference finals nothing to be proud of? Thats the furthest that team has been.

You don't know that...They could have turned it on much like Indy did..All they accomplished was wining in the second round...4-0 in the ECF and u don't think Gay could have made a difference...Making it to the Finals would have been huge for that franchise...

What I know is they reached a further point in the history of their franchise WITHOUT Rudy.

Everything else is speculation.

After getting to the ECF and losing 4-0 to the Spurs, in hindsight, would u rather have done it with Gay or without Gay???

What is it with you and the ECF?

The funny part is that Memphis plays in the west anyway.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/17/2013  11:34 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:THJ is making it easier for Shump to be traded. He has an easier time generating offense but his shot selection borders on insane sometimes. Shump is a better athlete and defender but his learning curb is steeper, even after a few years in the league. I think you put Shump with the right franchise, the right coach, and he could be an all star. Not every year, but I believe he has the talent to make a few.

I get the feeling from watching Shump play at times this season that he's frustrated by all the drama, and that he already has one foot out the door, even if he doesn't have a say. Probably not the only one.

I'm not sure if Shump is the better athlete...Tim jr took two steps from the top of the key and was at the rim a couple of games ago...He is faster than Shump and a better shooter...I like Shump tho...He didn't work on his game in the off season...Players get better in the off season..Shump came to camp out of shape..He still have no mid-range game, has difficulty finishing at the rim, he gambles too much on defense...Right now, Shump is more hype and hope than substance...So now we wait until the off season again to see if he will try to get better...

I disagree about his shooting, until recently Shump was draining jumpers, threes, even off the dribble. I believe Shump is better at closing in on a player from a standstill, better at chasing down players. Shump has a longer stride and can cover ground faster. I don't recall anyone saying Shump was out of shape. Thats never been an issue with him, unless he's coming off an injury. One thing that worries me is Shump doesn't seem as quick laterally, doesn't take as many charges either. North/South he can still cover ground.

Totally, totally disagree..Kyle Korver took Shump off the dribble and left him yesterday...Tim jr. covers ground faster and jumps higher..I think Shump is slow for this athleticism, no?

Oh yeah? I totally, totally, totally, disagree! I've seen Shump chase down players like few others in this league. His wingspan and his stride gives him an edge. Have I seen it as much of his breakaway speed this season? No. Some of it I attribute to his being distracted by all the drama, checking out,and some of it due to his apparent lack of lateral movement. Thats why players like Korver and Parsons have been able to blow by him. Shump needs to stay focused and just worry about the things he can control. Hopefully the lateral movement will come back.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/17/2013  11:37 AM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We could, but he chose the money and went to the team we just fought against in the playoffs- don't begrudge him, but his agent did a fantastic job of spinning it so it looked like we made him do it!

We also should have had team options on years 2 and 3 of the contract we offered him anyway.

Not really sure why Pablo had to have part of the mle, but then again MWP wanted to be a Knick his whole life and got the other part.

I dont think the team can offer a three year deal in this cba to undrafted guys, but that second year should have been automatic.

I don't know. Somehow Patrick Beverly had a team option on the 2nd and 3rd years. Maybe it's because Houston was under the cap?

they traded their leading scorer and still went to the wcf....seems like metrics paid well.

With Gay they might of been in the Finals...Went to the ECF and lose 4-0 isn't anything to be proud of...

Basketball doesnt work in "what if's and might have beens", you are what you did....Grizz lost nothing when they traded Rudy.

Since when is making the Conference finals nothing to be proud of? Thats the furthest that team has been.

You don't know that...They could have turned it on much like Indy did..All they accomplished was wining in the second round...4-0 in the ECF and u don't think Gay could have made a difference...Making it to the Finals would have been huge for that franchise...

What I know is they reached a further point in the history of their franchise WITHOUT Rudy.

After getting to the ECF and losing 4-0 to the Spurs, in hindsight, would u rather have done it with Gay or without Gay???

But if I'm the owner I thank hollinger with a raise, same expected place which happened to be a franchise accomplishement and saved me a few bucks.

YOU were the first to bring up the ECF to which I responded...Penny wise pound foolish...Finals money pays for more than Gay's salary...

holfresh

11/17/2013  11:41 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:THJ is making it easier for Shump to be traded. He has an easier time generating offense but his shot selection borders on insane sometimes. Shump is a better athlete and defender but his learning curb is steeper, even after a few years in the league. I think you put Shump with the right franchise, the right coach, and he could be an all star. Not every year, but I believe he has the talent to make a few.

I get the feeling from watching Shump play at times this season that he's frustrated by all the drama, and that he already has one foot out the door, even if he doesn't have a say. Probably not the only one.

I'm not sure if Shump is the better athlete...Tim jr took two steps from the top of the key and was at the rim a couple of games ago...He is faster than Shump and a better shooter...I like Shump tho...He didn't work on his game in the off season...Players get better in the off season..Shump came to camp out of shape..He still have no mid-range game, has difficulty finishing at the rim, he gambles too much on defense...Right now, Shump is more hype and hope than substance...So now we wait until the off season again to see if he will try to get better...

I disagree about his shooting, until recently Shump was draining jumpers, threes, even off the dribble. I believe Shump is better at closing in on a player from a standstill, better at chasing down players. Shump has a longer stride and can cover ground faster. I don't recall anyone saying Shump was out of shape. Thats never been an issue with him, unless he's coming off an injury. One thing that worries me is Shump doesn't seem as quick laterally, doesn't take as many charges either. North/South he can still cover ground.

Totally, totally disagree..Kyle Korver took Shump off the dribble and left him yesterday...Tim jr. covers ground faster and jumps higher..I think Shump is slow for this athleticism, no?

Oh yeah? I totally, totally, totally, disagree! I've seen Shump chase down players like few others in this league. His wingspan and his stride gives him an edge. Have I seen it as much of his breakaway speed this season? No. Some of it I attribute to his being distracted by all the drama, checking out,and some of it due to his apparent lack of lateral movement. Thats why players like Korver and Parsons have been able to blow by him. Shump needs to stay focused and just worry about the things he can control. Hopefully the lateral movement will come back.

I have never seen Shump chase down anyone...His head moves faster than his body when he is trying to push it...Shump does not have breakaway speed...Watch his video..He takes very short strides, how could you get that so wrong???

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/17/2013  11:52 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I have never seen Shump chase down anyone...His head moves faster than his body when he is trying to push it...Shump does not have breakaway speed...Watch his video..He takes very short strides, how could you get that so wrong???

I can't explain why you have never seen Shump chase down a player in his entire career, and I'm not going to begin to try. Same goes for your not believing Shump is fast. We're Just going to go round in circles.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/17/2013  11:55 AM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

But if I'm the owner I thank hollinger with a raise, same expected place which happened to be a franchise accomplishement and saved me a few bucks.

YOU were the first to bring up the ECF to which I responded...Penny wise pound foolish...Finals money pays for more than Gay's salary...

I assure you i didnt. certainly didnt say ECF...lol.
holfresh

11/17/2013  11:57 AM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

WCF, what the fcuk ever...I see u hang with Bonn alot...

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/17/2013  12:02 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Lol.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/17/2013  12:23 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

in his dreams!
JK

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/17/2013  8:48 PM
djsunyc wrote:rudy gay is one of the most selfish me-first offensive players i've ever seen.

we get to watch Melo and JR for 82 games, try that on for size.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/18/2013  8:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2013  9:00 AM
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:rudy gay is one of the most selfish me-first offensive players i've ever seen.

martin, comparing Rudy Gay to Melo is stretching the hate a bit, isn't it? Rudy Gay couldn't lead starving racoons to a garbage can full of fresh hamburger meat. Melo's been to the playoffs every year of his selfish me-first offensive NBA life.

And we only get to watch JR for 77 games this year.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/18/2013  11:01 AM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:

martin, comparing Rudy Gay to Melo is stretching the hate a bit, isn't it? Rudy Gay couldn't lead starving racoons to a garbage can full of fresh hamburger meat. Melo's been to the playoffs every year of his selfish me-first offensive NBA life.

And we only get to watch JR for 77 games this year.

lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Game Thread: 11/16 Hawks @ Knicks 7:30 PM MSG - First of 2 Wins in a Row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy