[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 11/16 Hawks @ Knicks 7:30 PM MSG - First of 2 Wins in a Row
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/17/2013  5:04 AM
nixluva wrote:This could be the end of Woodson. 1-5 at home is just not acceptable.

I don't know, what is another coach going to do?

JR is rusty as hell and recovering from knee surgery
Amar'e is rusty as hell and recovering from knee surgery and is on a minutes restriction
K-Mart is on a minutes restriction
Melo is rusty and spent the summer rehabbing his shoulder instead of playing basketball
Tyson has a broken leg
Tyler has a broken foot
Felton has a bum hamstring and is playing like trash
Shump has been mind f***ed and is playing like trash

That leaves: Bargs, Hardaway Jr, Cole, Murray, MWP, Beno and Chris Smith

Our team defense if beyond pitiful- one pass and it completely breaks down- teams can get an open 3 or a free drive to the basket WHENEVER THEY WANT!

Our team chemistry is non existent (last year it was a strength)- Amar'e is unhappy with his mins, K-Mart is unhappy with his mins, Shump is unhappy with the trade talk, Beno is unhappy as he has no playing time.

Prigs isn't the player he was last year either.

We are what our record says we are- at the moment we are an awful, awful team.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
11/17/2013  5:05 AM
nixluva wrote:Looking at the team all I keep thinking is WHAT WAS WOODY DOING WITH THIS TEAM IN TRAINING CAMP?

Wasting it trying to decide which of the six scrubs we should sign.

smackeddog
11/17/2013  5:10 AM
Knicksfan wrote:I have rooted for teams with less talent and more heart. This group is disgusting.

The end of Woodson is coming pretty soon. Same with any hope of competing this season.

Right now the best that could happen is for Melo to leave along with all the expiring contracts and rebuild.

But Dolan is too stupid to allow that.

Being a NY teams fan has sucked so much this year.

I find it tough to watch this team- like you said, there's no heart at all- watching them is like staring into a void.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/17/2013  5:28 AM
I've never seen a player take this long to heal from a hamstring injury. If he was still hurt he would not be playing end of story. You play on a bad ankle not a pull hamstring
smackeddog
11/17/2013  5:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:The Knicks could use Copeland's scoring abilities

We could, but he chose the money and went to the team we just fought against in the playoffs- don't begrudge him, but his agent did a fantastic job of spinning it so it looked like we made him do it!

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
11/17/2013  5:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:

We could, but he chose the money and went to the team we just fought against in the playoffs- don't begrudge him, but his agent did a fantastic job of spinning it so it looked like we made him do it!

Bargs is doing a pretty solid job doing whatever Cope would be doing IMO

Legalize di NBA
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/17/2013  6:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:

We didn't offer him a contract.
Balroy
Member: #5609

11/17/2013  8:17 AM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah, the contract never came, he was waiting to sign one and wanted to come back. He didn't care about the money.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/17/2013  8:23 AM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah, he could have helped us more than Pablo.
We also should have had team options on years 2 and 3 of the contract we offered him anyway.
knickscity
USA
11/17/2013  8:42 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We also should have had team options on years 2 and 3 of the contract we offered him anyway.

Not really sure why Pablo had to have part of the mle, but then again MWP wanted to be a Knick his whole life and got the other part.

I dont think the team can offer a three year deal in this cba to undrafted guys, but that second year should have been automatic.

Bonn1997
USA
11/17/2013  8:44 AM
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Not really sure why Pablo had to have part of the mle, but then again MWP wanted to be a Knick his whole life and got the other part.

I dont think the team can offer a three year deal in this cba to undrafted guys, but that second year should have been automatic.

I don't know. Somehow Patrick Beverly had a team option on the 2nd and 3rd years. Maybe it's because Houston was under the cap?

knickscity
USA
11/17/2013  9:01 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't know. Somehow Patrick Beverly had a team option on the 2nd and 3rd years. Maybe it's because Houston was under the cap?

I should have worded that better, and you're right about the cap space and Beverly, but that isnt the same with Cope.

I know the salaries look the same, but we signed Cope with a min salary exception, and two years max on those.

smackeddog
11/17/2013  9:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Bonn, what do your stats tell us we need to do to fix this mess?!

Bonn1997
USA
11/17/2013  9:20 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Hire a good metrics analyst and give him the power to make all final decisions.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/17/2013  9:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Pablo was on a rookie undrafted contract and made under 500 grand. His agent said Grunwald wanted a team option and more years but Pablo wouldn't agree to it. I think the mmle was the only way that he or Cope could get a meaningful raise from the Knicks because they were both on undrafted rookie deals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/17/2013  9:38 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That's working out well for Memphis..Didn't they hire the god of metrics??

knickscity
USA
11/17/2013  9:44 AM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

they traded their leading scorer and still went to the wcf....seems like metrics paid well.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/17/2013  9:50 AM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

they traded their leading scorer and still went to the wcf....seems like metrics paid well.
Well they looked like the team to beat prior to the trade and were moving some of their younger players out so that they could keep/afford Gay. They were handled pretty easily by the spurs in the conference finals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
USA
11/17/2013  10:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Well they looked like the team to beat prior to the trade and were moving some of their younger players out so that they could keep/afford Gay. They were handled pretty easily by the spurs in the conference finals.

Lots of team looks like world beaters early on, we did as well.

But in their case, they missed no beat by trading Rudy. and they still dont miss him imo.

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/17/2013  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2013  10:03 AM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

With Gay they might of been in the Finals...Went to the ECF and lose 4-0 isn't anything to be proud of...

Game Thread: 11/16 Hawks @ Knicks 7:30 PM MSG - First of 2 Wins in a Row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy