[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks go for 2 Lins in a row
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2013  1:48 PM
nixluva wrote:TKF you have no clue what you're talking about. Bargs is an extra piece and when used properly he is showing you that he can do a lot for your team. He's the LEAST of our issues. If you replaced STAT with a live body that would do more for the team. If you replaced Felton with a legit PG that would do more for the team. Stop focusing on Bargs as if he is the reason PG's are blasting our PG every night.

nixluva, leave tkf alone. At least he's not blaming Barg's deficiencies on Melo.

At this moment.

AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

11/15/2013  2:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:[IMG_block] http://abload.de/img/melofnspd.gif [/IMG_block]

Just like I said earlier the foul was not called until after Melo was in shooting motion.

You can only see 1 of the refs from that angle. It takes a split second to blow the whistle after you see the foul too.

That's the one ref that made the call

Well I see another ref making a call in the background too but you're saying he didn't officially make the call?
Either way, you realize there's going to be a delay between the moment when the ref sees the foul and when he blows the whistle, right? I can't really tell from that angle when the first foul was and how long the delay was. The ref is standing in front of the camera at that point.

You're referring to the bald ref in the back? Where does he make a call? A hand goes up on the right of the video but its a player (I think Felton). The ref in the foreground is the one i'm saying made the call. That is a good point about the delay but did Melo even dribble after initially nearly losing the ball?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2013  3:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
tkf wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Bargs actually came out and helped a lot but you can't expect him to cover for Felton ALL NIGHT!!! Even KMart was getting abused in there on D. It's crazy how people aren't recognizing how poor Felton's D is. That weakens the entire defense.

Murry may not be the answer but can he be worse on D than Felton? If they give the kid some PT he might just blossom with minutes. This is how we found out about Lin.

FREE MURRY!!!

Um... i think 99.9% of fans have recognized how bad felton's defense is. I like Bargnani and i know you are a big fan of his so im happy he is doing well hopefully he continues becase we need him

let me ask you... what is doing well? he plays center, doesn't defend the paint and doesn't rebound.. he had just 4... hitting a few jumpers doesn't mean you are playing well..

And if he isn't giving the knicks what they need at the center position, then he is part of the problem..

I havent exactly been giving Bargnani a ton of credit. I said he played well for 2 games. Im not sold on him yet and i am still upset we gave away a 1st round pick for him

no biggie, I was just wanting to clarify on what you meant by doing well...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/15/2013  3:40 PM
nixluva wrote:TKF you have no clue what you're talking about. Bargs is an extra piece and when used properly he is showing you that he can do a lot for your team. He's the LEAST of our issues. If you replaced STAT with a live body that would do more for the team. If you replaced Felton with a legit PG that would do more for the team. Stop focusing on Bargs as if he is the reason PG's are blasting our PG every night.

no he can't do a lot for your team... He doesn't defend the paint and he doesn't rebound or pass the rock... he can score on a few jumpshots.. but he is goofy when he puts the ball on the floor, dribbles off his feet a lot, and he is a doorman on defense... sorry, but I knew guys like you would go bonkers once he started hitting a few jumpers.. he has done this before and guess what, he still stinks... You say he is the least of your issues? no he is part of the problems.. what he is currently is not part of the solution.

WE need solutions...

You can blame felton all you want.. but that is why teams have defenders on the front line.. guards get picked, screened, and you need someone who can be that second line of defense.. BArgs sucks!! now felton and our guards are not doing a good job, but again, these were the same guys you cosigned the same way you are doing bargs right now..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/15/2013  3:43 PM
Stevo718 wrote:I thought Bargnani had a great game, he frustrated Howard and kept Howard a non factor in the game what else could you ask for really?

As for shot selections... horrible. We only like to pass on fast breaks or when we are in trouble... every time we bring the ball up we are very uncreative. It was funny right after the game ended and they put up the Golden State Oklahoma game, what a difference in the flow.

howard was a factor... LOL.. he had 15 boards, 6 of them offensive rebounds, that is 2 more rebounds than bargnani had total... Howard frustrated howard... not hitting FT's and forcing offense.. rockets don't need 20ppg from Dwight...

knicks need rebounding from bargnani.. good luck with that..

tkf
11/15/2013  3:45 PM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Man if you are going to call swipes as fouls melo should have gone to the line 50 times tonight.

to be fair he gets away with using his off arm to push off every time... If I were the refs I would let the defense play physical as well..

and i tell you what... he STARTS his drives with the arm push most of the time instead of creating space with the arm push AFTER he picks up his dribble like pierce does-- and almost always gets away with. so yeah it becomes part of "let them play" as in "you want to have space to work? we will let you push your defender away but then he gets to do something to you in return...."

i was at the atlanta game, and fans were going nets yelling he is pushing off... they finally called it on him, and there was a sarcastic murmur in the crowd... LOL.. If he is going to use his arm as a jousting lance, then the defender is going to get some kind of room to play physical..

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2013  4:18 PM
tkf wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:I thought Bargnani had a great game, he frustrated Howard and kept Howard a non factor in the game what else could you ask for really?

As for shot selections... horrible. We only like to pass on fast breaks or when we are in trouble... every time we bring the ball up we are very uncreative. It was funny right after the game ended and they put up the Golden State Oklahoma game, what a difference in the flow.

howard was a factor... LOL.. he had 15 boards, 6 of them offensive rebounds, that is 2 more rebounds than bargnani had total... Howard frustrated howard... not hitting FT's and forcing offense.. rockets don't need 20ppg from Dwight...

How many bigs ever outrebound Howard? You have to keep things in perspective. WHO are you suggesting we add that would've prevented Howard from getting those rebounds? PLEASE STOP! The Knicks didn't lose because they didn't rebound enough. They lost due to poor D on the perimeter and missing a TON of shots they should make.

JR - 4-16
Felton - 3-9
MWP - 1-7
Iman - 1-4
STAT - 0-3

Just a few more made shots and the Knicks win this game. We have to get better production beyond Melo and Bargs. This is an offensive team for the most part. They want to play good D, but really this is a team that must score efficiently in order to win games. Even with Tyson playing the issues with poor shooting and offensive execution cost us games.

SJUknicksfan
Member: #5665

11/15/2013  7:02 PM
tkf wrote:

Howard averages 15 boards. So really, we did just as well as most other teams in terms of keeping him off the boards.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2013  7:28 PM
tkf wrote:

Howard might be the best big in the game. He averages 12 shots a game and only took 5. He was limited to twenty minutes on the court because he was ineffective. He shoots well over 50% a game and shot 20% last night. Come on now. Are you moving on to being irrational in your hatred of other knicks now?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
11/15/2013  9:08 PM
tkf wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:[IMG_block] http://abload.de/img/melofnspd.gif [/IMG_block]

Just like I said earlier the foul was not called until after Melo was in shooting motion.

You can only see 1 of the refs from that angle. It takes a split second to blow the whistle after you see the foul too.

That's the one ref that made the call

Well I see another ref making a call in the background too but you're saying he didn't officially make the call?
Either way, you realize there's going to be a delay between the moment when the ref sees the foul and when he blows the whistle, right? I can't really tell from that angle when the first foul was and how long the delay was. The ref is standing in front of the camera at that point.

the papers said the rockets alerted the refs before play started they were going to foul, the refs said he called the foul on the inital slap and push well before camelo went up for that shot...

Yet they knew that on the very next play that the Knicks were going to foul, but they still ignored the Initial foul attempt on Harden and allowed the clock to shrink from 5 seconds to 2.9 seconds.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
CrushAlot
USA
11/15/2013  10:08 PM
Well, OK — maybe a little crying, especially with respect to the Rockets' 44-27 advantage in free-throw attempts, with 18 of them taken by Harden. From the Associated Press:
tkf
11/15/2013  11:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

Howard might be the best big in the game. He averages 12 shots a game and only took 5. He was limited to twenty minutes on the court because he was ineffective. He shoots well over 50% a game and shot 20% last night. Come on now. Are you moving on to being irrational in your hatred of other knicks now?

so what you are saying is that bargnani shut down howard? is that what you are going with now... howard had 6 offensive boards to bargnani 4 total boards.. bargnani did not do his job!!

dwight also avgs 4 offensive boards a game.. last night he got 6.. maybe if softnani got a few more boards howard doesn't get 6 offensive rebounds and give his team more posessions...

Bargnani sucks bro.... you keep talking about my hatred of the knicks.. I hate the clowns on the team.. get that straight...

CrushAlot
USA
11/16/2013  12:41 AM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

so what you are saying is that bargnani shut down howard? is that what you are going with now... howard had 6 offensive boards to bargnani 4 total boards.. bargnani did not do his job!!

dwight also avgs 4 offensive boards a game.. last night he got 6.. maybe if softnani got a few more boards howard doesn't get 6 offensive rebounds and give his team more posessions...

Bargnani sucks bro.... you keep talking about my hatred of the knicks.. I hate the clowns on the team.. get that straight...

he played great and he outplayed Howard. What's with the sudden hate for soft injury prone Italians? Is it the uniform?
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
11/16/2013  1:56 AM
[IMG_block] http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3573651/bargDENIES.gif [/IMG_block]
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Game Thread: Knicks go for 2 Lins in a row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy