Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3894

11/14/2013  11:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
meloanyk wrote:Knicks need a larger pg who can defend

Felton is done! He is fat, out of shape and can't defend any pg in this league. The guy is a human turnstile! People drive by him at will.

Woodson sucks! This guy seems like he never do any game planning.

I think Felton is hurt.

Yeah, his ego. Hardin is hurt. Felton isn't hurt! Shump can back from an ACL injury way early. I am not buying that.
Felton has the ability to be good, but I think his condition could be his biggest problem. The guy need to workout with Lebron in the off season instead of eating chicken nuggets. lol. The reminds me Al Amin. The puggie guy was fast. Felton is somewhat as quick as he was.

His first few games Felton was taking it to the rim at Derrick Rose speed, but it didn't last long. I don't buy that its a conditioning issue unless he's on the Eddy Curry diet.

God forbid there are 4 consecutive fast break plays. Felton would have to flown to the bench. lol. With all seriousness, Felton doesn't go through much strength and condition training, and his body fat tells it all. His mid section is pure visceral fat, which a tell tell sign of not exercising or not eating right. The guy clearly exercise as he is professional athlete, but when you are on a training regiment diet and exercise go hand and hand.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/14/2013  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  11:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
tkf wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Bargs actually came out and helped a lot but you can't expect him to cover for Felton ALL NIGHT!!! Even KMart was getting abused in there on D. It's crazy how people aren't recognizing how poor Felton's D is. That weakens the entire defense.

Murry may not be the answer but can he be worse on D than Felton? If they give the kid some PT he might just blossom with minutes. This is how we found out about Lin.

FREE MURRY!!!

Um... i think 99.9% of fans have recognized how bad felton's defense is. I like Bargnani and i know you are a big fan of his so im happy he is doing well hopefully he continues becase we need him

let me ask you... what is doing well? he plays center, doesn't defend the paint and doesn't rebound.. he had just 4... hitting a few jumpers doesn't mean you are playing well..

And if he isn't giving the knicks what they need at the center position, then he is part of the problem..

I havent exactly been giving Bargnani a ton of credit. I said he played well for 2 games. Im not sold on him yet and i am still upset we gave away a 1st round pick for him

They gave away a 1st pick and got a guy who was the #1 overall pick 5 yrs ago..the ist round pick they gave up would probably need 3 to 5 yrs to develop, whats the difference

ES
SJUknicksfan
Member: #5665

11/14/2013  11:55 PM
tkf wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Bargs actually came out and helped a lot but you can't expect him to cover for Felton ALL NIGHT!!! Even KMart was getting abused in there on D. It's crazy how people aren't recognizing how poor Felton's D is. That weakens the entire defense.

Murry may not be the answer but can he be worse on D than Felton? If they give the kid some PT he might just blossom with minutes. This is how we found out about Lin.

FREE MURRY!!!

Um... i think 99.9% of fans have recognized how bad felton's defense is. I like Bargnani and i know you are a big fan of his so im happy he is doing well hopefully he continues becase we need him

let me ask you... what is doing well? he plays center, doesn't defend the paint and doesn't rebound.. he had just 4... hitting a few jumpers doesn't mean you are playing well..

And if he isn't giving the knicks what they need at the center position, then he is part of the problem..

He's the best we got. He's playing very well offensively. We know what to expect defensively and honestly he's exceeded my expectations on that end.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2013  12:10 AM
SJUknicksfan wrote:
tkf wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

FREE MURRY!!!

He's the best we got. He's playing very well offensively. We know what to expect defensively and honestly he's exceeded my expectations on that end.

We know Bargs is not a big physical player, but he is giving us more effort and he's really been good offensively. There are very few bigs that are gonna out rebound Howard, so I never expected Bargs to have a big rebounding night against Howard. Yet he defended Howard GREAT.

The PG spot is much more of a problem. I'm not saying Murry is gonna be the answer to all of our problems, but this kid has talent and only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. Let's give the kid some minutes and let him get comfortable and see what he can do. Can't be much worse than what we've been getting. I bet he gets beat less than Felton.

FREE MURRY!!!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/15/2013  12:11 AM
nixluva wrote:
SJUknicksfan wrote:
tkf wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

FREE MURRY!!!

We know Bargs is not a big physical player, but he is giving us more effort and he's really been good offensively. There are very few bigs that are gonna out rebound Howard, so I never expected Bargs to have a big rebounding night against Howard. Yet he defended Howard GREAT.

The PG spot is much more of a problem. I'm not saying Murry is gonna be the answer to all of our problems, but this kid has talent and only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. Let's give the kid some minutes and let him get comfortable and see what he can do. Can't be much worse than what we've been getting. I bet he gets beat less than Felton.

FREE MURRY!!!

Can't hurt.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/15/2013  1:05 AM
I must say that people who calling Bargs help D need to credit him for trapping the PnR and rotating back. His help D was not that bad tonight and if you look at Kenny pictures Bargnani was not in them I don't think.

This game is on Felton some but really the second unit had a chance to keep the game close but let the Rockets explode in the early 4th.

yellowboy90

11/15/2013  1:07 AM
Clean
Member: #743
11/15/2013  1:10 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Just like I said earlier the foul was not called until after Melo was in shooting motion.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2013  1:25 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I must say that people who calling Bargs help D need to credit him for trapping the PnR and rotating back. His help D was not that bad tonight and if you look at Kenny pictures Bargnani was not in them I don't think.

This game is on Felton some but really the second unit had a chance to keep the game close but let the Rockets explode in the early 4th.

This team still has chemistry issues off the bench. I'm not happy with the way this team goes up and down in terms of it's level of execution on Offense and Defense.

Real issue is that we aren't getting much production at the PG spot and no real defense either. It's a big issue for this team right now. They don't have much of a margin for error.

FREE MURRY!!!

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
11/15/2013  1:45 AM
"Lin is better, IMO and it's not really close."

Yup. And I'd be happy with Lin starting and Felton as backup but . . .

Syniko
Member: #3969

11/15/2013  3:36 AM
We came close. Melo played his heart out. I bet you anything Woodson was telling his whole team not to let Linsanity surface and also, on the other hand, I bet McHale was telling Lin to just calm down with the whole Linsanity thing and just play the game.
Stevo718
Member: #559
11/15/2013  6:22 AM
I thought Bargnani had a great game, he frustrated Howard and kept Howard a non factor in the game what else could you ask for really?

As for shot selections... horrible. We only like to pass on fast breaks or when we are in trouble... every time we bring the ball up we are very uncreative. It was funny right after the game ended and they put up the Golden State Oklahoma game, what a difference in the flow.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/15/2013  9:10 AM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Man if you are going to call swipes as fouls melo should have gone to the line 50 times tonight.

to be fair he gets away with using his off arm to push off every time... If I were the refs I would let the defense play physical as well..

and i tell you what... he STARTS his drives with the arm push most of the time instead of creating space with the arm push AFTER he picks up his dribble like pierce does-- and almost always gets away with. so yeah it becomes part of "let them play" as in "you want to have space to work? we will let you push your defender away but then he gets to do something to you in return...."

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2013  9:51 AM
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Just like I said earlier the foul was not called until after Melo was in shooting motion.

You can only see 1 of the refs from that angle. It takes a split second to blow the whistle after you see the foul too.
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2013  9:52 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Yeah bargs was not the issue save a few plays but every players has a few bad plays. The issue was perimeter D and Bargs and Melo had no help.

Bargs defense on Dwight was excellent.
I don't get why he can't grab rebounds though.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/15/2013  10:26 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

You can only see 1 of the refs from that angle. It takes a split second to blow the whistle after you see the foul too.

That's the one ref that made the call
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2013  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2013  12:08 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Well I see another ref making a call in the background too but you're saying he didn't officially make the call?
Either way, you realize there's going to be a delay between the moment when the ref sees the foul and when he blows the whistle, right? I can't really tell from that angle when the first foul was and how long the delay was. The ref is standing in front of the camera at that point.
yellowboy90

11/15/2013  1:04 PM
I know this has been argued before but the amount of contact that Melo has to play through is retarded and the he initiats contact doesn't hold water when you consider every other good offensive player that gets to the line initiates contact too. Harden initiates contact and barely gets touch and gets to shoot FT after Ft. It is what it is a will likely not change but man.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2013  1:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Clean wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Well I see another ref making a call in the background too but you're saying he didn't officially make the call?
Either way, you realize there's going to be a delay between the moment when the ref sees the foul and when he blows the whistle, right? I can't really tell from that angle when the first foul was and how long the delay was. The ref is standing in front of the camera at that point.

the papers said the rockets alerted the refs before play started they were going to foul, the refs said he called the foul on the inital slap and push well before camelo went up for that shot...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2013  1:46 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I know this has been argued before but the amount of contact that Melo has to play through is retarded and the he initiats contact doesn't hold water when you consider every other good offensive player that gets to the line initiates contact too. Harden initiates contact and barely gets touch and gets to shoot FT after Ft. It is what it is a will likely not change but man.

carmelo lowers his shoulder and pushes off.. he gets away with offensive fouls.. refs will allow defensive guys more leeway in those instances.. I know I used to when i officiated games..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Game Thread: Knicks go for 2 Lins in a row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy