[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Hawks..game 6 of the regular season that feels like game 7 of the NBA FINALS
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

11/14/2013  9:50 AM
knickslions wrote:Bargs is a poor mans Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Lucky the Knicks division is pretty crappy top to bottom.

This is an insult to Big Z!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/14/2013  10:15 AM
Play that Funky Music White Boy (AnswerMan LLC 2013)

nixluva wrote:Bargs Man D is really good. Better than he's given credit for. If we can just keep working with this guy he can be a better all around player.

See the practically Gallo-like behind the back save/dime for Melo?

I like this.

Dolan, please shut up now. Once was good enough for Joe Namath.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2013  10:23 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
knickslions wrote:Bargs is a poor mans Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Lucky the Knicks division is pretty crappy top to bottom.

This is an insult to Big Z!

He reminds me more of Keith Van Horn. KVH was better on the boards, better fundamental player but Bargs is more heady. Bargs is a guy who clearly needs touches and plays run for him to get into the groove. DJ was right about that part of his scouting report. If he's not involved directly he totally fades and does doodoo. When he's in it and a main focus point hes pretty solid
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2013  10:40 AM
Red1976 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
"He's a heck of a player," said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer.

"I feel like a lot of the night we made Carmelo work for his shots, but because he's a great player he was able to make some of those tough shots. At that big moment, they needed him to step up and he did. It's a credit to Carmelo."

Funny, at the end of the day thats what the opposing coach says. Didnt gush over Shump's 'little things' or Barg's big shots... no, it was trying to stop Melo and the coach walks away saying they lost because they didnt stop him enough.

I thought it was a good win. I picked them to lose, I thought our frontcourt would get pushed around but they battled well. The thing that killed the Hawks IMO was their bench. Minute Teague went out of the game they were terrible.... their backup PG made Tony Douglas look like Chris Paul.

or it could be good old popovich-style gamesmanship

Melo is lucky to even be playing in the NBA due to the gamesmanship around. He is a better version of Chris Smith, but not so much ... right ?

no need to go off the deep end. coach b was laying it on thick. that is clever. i should think an opposing coach would love to have one guy jacking up 25 shots for 25 points and 2 assists, especially in the playoffs where defenses tend to be stouter and 3-point shooting tends to cool off appreciably-- you know... kinda like what happened last year? praising melo only encourages him to continue that pattern instead of tightening up his game properly.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
jrodmc
USA
11/14/2013  10:53 AM
dk7th wrote:
Red1976 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

"I feel like a lot of the night we made Carmelo work for his shots, but because he's a great player he was able to make some of those tough shots. At that big moment, they needed him to step up and he did. It's a credit to Carmelo."

Funny, at the end of the day thats what the opposing coach says. Didnt gush over Shump's 'little things' or Barg's big shots... no, it was trying to stop Melo and the coach walks away saying they lost because they didnt stop him enough.

I thought it was a good win. I picked them to lose, I thought our frontcourt would get pushed around but they battled well. The thing that killed the Hawks IMO was their bench. Minute Teague went out of the game they were terrible.... their backup PG made Tony Douglas look like Chris Paul.

Melo is lucky to even be playing in the NBA due to the gamesmanship around. He is a better version of Chris Smith, but not so much ... right ?

no need to go off the deep end. coach b was laying it on thick. that is clever. i should think an opposing coach would love to have one guy jacking up 25 shots for 25 points and 2 assists, especially in the playoffs where defenses tend to be stouter and 3-point shooting tends to cool off appreciably-- you know... kinda like what happened last year? praising melo only encourages him to continue that pattern instead of tightening up his game properly.

Yes, and I'm sure the look coach b had at the end of the game was gamesmanship as well. As everyone knows, Pop loves losing games early in the season, right? Especially at home to 2-4 teams that just got their heads handed to them. I mean that's why the Spurs are ummm....8 and 1, right?

Off the deep end indeed.

It's okay, dk7th, you can let some loser coach praise our resident cancer. It won't hurt you. Really.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2013  11:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Red1976 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yes, and I'm sure the look coach b had at the end of the game was gamesmanship as well. As everyone knows, Pop loves losing games early in the season, right? Especially at home to 2-4 teams that just got their heads handed to them. I mean that's why the Spurs are ummm....8 and 1, right?

Off the deep end indeed.

It's okay, dk7th, you can let some loser coach praise our resident cancer. It won't hurt you. Really.

a win is a win this season just like a win is a win last season. cool

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2013  11:11 AM
Yea when you have a true contender like let's say Miami and you barely squeak by and beat the Hawks or Bobcats yea a win is a win

But not in this case

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/14/2013  11:12 AM
Saw this post on Kickerblogger and thought Nixluva would love it.

Frank November 14, 2013 at 10:14 am

here’s something that Bargnani should print out and put in his trophy case forever:

for this season so far– the list of players that play >15 min/game, shooting FG%>48, 3P%>37, FT% >90 is:

1. Steph Curry
2. Andrea Bargnani

jrodmc
USA
11/14/2013  11:35 AM
+1 yellowboy; cue Bonn about the sample size

Winning is always so difficult for some to digest. It's actually enjoyable watching the predictability of it all.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/14/2013  6:22 PM
tkf wrote:I was at the game.. my friend who is a big knick homer was pissed.. he now wants melo out of NY, and was giving bargs props.. LOL. I know he lost it.. I told him both need to go..

THJ looked good at times.. Kid can shoot... I like his game..

sloppy game.. both teams.... pretty much evenly matched teams...

Knicks can't stop guard penetration..

Papabear Says

Does anyone believe this?? TKF friend is a homer and now he wants Melo traded. This is the biggest crop of crap I ever read. TKF must think we are stupid. Hey TKF show us a copy of your ticket
Prove that you was at the game LOL

Papabear
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/14/2013  6:32 PM
Papabear wrote:
tkf wrote:I was at the game.. my friend who is a big knick homer was pissed.. he now wants melo out of NY, and was giving bargs props.. LOL. I know he lost it.. I told him both need to go..

Papabear Says

Does anyone believe this?? TKF friend is a homer and now he wants Melo traded. This is the biggest crop of crap I ever read. TKF must think we are stupid. Hey TKF show us a copy of your ticket

If he goes on about how much he hates Melo in his daily life, as much as he does on these boards, his friend probably just said that in the desperate hope he'd shut up and let him enjoy the game!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/16/2013  9:46 PM
Does anyone realize that we have the worst home record in the entire nBA? The statistics for losing 5 of 6 at home must be devastating for a team trying to make a playoffs

This team scks it not fun to watch

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
USA
11/18/2013  9:58 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

If he goes on about how much he hates Melo in his daily life, as much as he does on these boards, his friend probably just said that in the desperate hope he'd shut up and let him enjoy the game!

Can you just imagine listening to "The Prophet TFK" while at an actual Knicks game?

Game Thread: Knicks vs Hawks..game 6 of the regular season that feels like game 7 of the NBA FINALS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy