[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Hawks..game 6 of the regular season that feels like game 7 of the NBA FINALS
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/13/2013  11:18 PM
JohnStarksFan wrote:Lots of communication tonight between the players, but also a number of faces that seemed disengaged. Shump is clearly not happy, no doubt he knows about this trade rumor BS. But his line was 5/6/9/4 - his shot wasn't there but he comes up big. He plays big.

Horford had his way down low with zero resistance, no one bodying him up. Then KMart came in, and changed the tone completely. He alone made the team think twice about going inside and down low, Bargs and Melo started following suit and bodying, and Smith started jumping around everywhere. KMart is clutch.

3rd quarter was full of some of the ugliest shots I have seen in my life. What the hell was that? Give Bargs the credit he is due, but that dude makes me want to throw the remote at my TV with his shots at times.

MWP is slow. And takes tiny steps everywhere. Anyone notice this besides me?

I should just be homer-happy with a win, but it was unsettling. One game away from starting over at even steven. Maybe we can steal one away tomorrow. Stat better show up, and they better have a double team plan in place for Howard.

If Bargs wants to make you throw the remote at the TV, Melo must make you want to throw your TV. Melo settles to much for jump shots he needs to go the basket more and with purpose. I felt the turning point of the game came in the 4th with THJ playing and Melo sitting. Knicks won in spite of Melo. Melo shoots way to much someone needs to reign this guy in.

AUTOADVERT
JohnStarksFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4220

11/13/2013  11:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2013  11:31 PM
Vmart wrote:
If Bargs wants to make you throw the remote at the TV, Melo must make you want to throw your TV. Melo settles to much for jump shots he needs to go the basket more and with purpose. I felt the turning point of the game came in the 4th with THJ playing and Melo sitting. Knicks won in spite of Melo. Melo shoots way to much someone needs to reign this guy in.

Oh, Melo's bad shots? I'm used to those. I used to cringe 4 out of 5 times the dude even looks like he's going to go for the shot. But, over time I just got used to it, and settled into the fact that that's Melo's game now, that's who he is. With that said, many of his misses looked better than Bargnani's makes.

Ho-hum, we won. I should stop mitching.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/14/2013  12:04 AM
Good win... but has a strange taste.
With everyone playing at the top of their game and 3th falling we barely escape with the win.
Actually Shrimp bravado get us the win. So if he will traded that what?
Feeling uneasy...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2013  12:39 AM
JohnStarksFan wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Oh, Melo's bad shots? I'm used to those. I used to cringe 4 out of 5 times the dude even looks like he's going to go for the shot. But, over time I just got used to it, and settled into the fact that that's Melo's game now, that's who he is. With that said, many of his misses looked better than Bargnani's makes.

Ho-hum, we won. I should stop mitching.

You must never have seen Bargs play before. He may look awkward but he makes shots. So far this year even tho Bargs isn't all the way at mid season form, he's still shooting better than Melo. If Melo was shooting 47% right now we'd be in much better shape.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/14/2013  12:48 AM
Wow I didn't realize how well Bargs has shot the ball from 3 since the 1st game. He hasn't shot it much but he would be well above at 41%. Despite that I would take 11 rebs over that any night. Have to give him credit for his activity despite the poor D.
yellowboy90

11/14/2013  12:49 AM
I won't put Melo performance on minutes because he has looked the same all year. His dribble has been loose and his shooting motion just looks terrible. Add in the bad decisions making and forced shots and you have a terrible year so far. At least early on he was rebounding and moving the ball well.
yellowboy90

11/14/2013  12:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  11:29 AM

nixluva
USA
11/14/2013  1:17 AM
It's funny that Melo resists so hard to make the simple change to using the offense to get his shots rather than going ISO so much. Whenever he uses the offensive flow he's a much better scorer but he gets into this mindset that he can just keep going ISO and taking tough shot after tough shot, when it's not necessary. It's just dumb BB.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/14/2013  1:20 AM
I was at the game.. my friend who is a big knick homer was pissed.. he now wants melo out of NY, and was giving bargs props.. LOL. I know he lost it.. I told him both need to go..

THJ looked good at times.. Kid can shoot... I like his game..

sloppy game.. both teams.... pretty much evenly matched teams...

Knicks can't stop guard penetration..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nixluva
USA
11/14/2013  3:16 AM
When the Knicks are really clicking the two teams aren't even close. We aren't a perfect team but the Knicks have more firepower than the Hawks. The good only thing about Tyson being out is that it's forcing Bargs to have to do more and that level of responsibility is making him a better player IMO.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/14/2013  3:26 AM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:STILL SWITCHING!!!!

the switching (and the mismatches it gives up) is causing us to give up points but..

do you think we're even switching like we should? in other words...even though it's a crappy scheme..i wonder if we're even executing it right.

Woody said in an interview before the 2nd Q "we're switching when we don't even have to switch", so I guess it's the execution.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/14/2013  4:44 AM
Good to get the win! I've no idea if the hawks are any good or not as I haven't paid any attention to them.

The ref's were weird this game- they seemed reluctant to call anything on either team. Lots of blatant swipes and pushes that didn't result in fouls. I actually prefer this than when they call everything.

Liked Bargs hustle and rebounding.

Feltons hamstring is obviously still bothering, he limped a few times during the game. We can only pray that is why his defense has been so terrible!

Enjoyable fourth Q. I'm glad we've cut back on the turnovers. We still can't defend, shoot, drive or rebound, but if we can limit the TOs and get lucky with our 3s, hopefully by the time Tysons back we'll be at 50%.

We do look a rusty old mess though! I don't understand how we won!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2013  6:32 AM
Melo is the best pure scorer in the Universe what are you guys talking about
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/14/2013  7:31 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo is the best pure scorer in the Universe what are you guys talking about

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2013  8:26 AM
"He's a heck of a player," said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer.

"I feel like a lot of the night we made Carmelo work for his shots, but because he's a great player he was able to make some of those tough shots. At that big moment, they needed him to step up and he did. It's a credit to Carmelo."

Funny, at the end of the day thats what the opposing coach says. Didnt gush over Shump's 'little things' or Barg's big shots... no, it was trying to stop Melo and the coach walks away saying they lost because they didnt stop him enough.

I thought it was a good win. I picked them to lose, I thought our frontcourt would get pushed around but they battled well. The thing that killed the Hawks IMO was their bench. Minute Teague went out of the game they were terrible.... their backup PG made Tony Douglas look like Chris Paul.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2013  9:17 AM
fishmike wrote:

"I feel like a lot of the night we made Carmelo work for his shots, but because he's a great player he was able to make some of those tough shots. At that big moment, they needed him to step up and he did. It's a credit to Carmelo."

Funny, at the end of the day thats what the opposing coach says. Didnt gush over Shump's 'little things' or Barg's big shots... no, it was trying to stop Melo and the coach walks away saying they lost because they didnt stop him enough.

I thought it was a good win. I picked them to lose, I thought our frontcourt would get pushed around but they battled well. The thing that killed the Hawks IMO was their bench. Minute Teague went out of the game they were terrible.... their backup PG made Tony Douglas look like Chris Paul.

or it could be good old popovich-style gamesmanship

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Red1976
Member: #4510

11/14/2013  9:31 AM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

or it could be good old popovich-style gamesmanship

Melo is lucky to even be playing in the NBA due to the gamesmanship around. He is a better version of Chris Smith, but not so much ... right ?

Red1976

11/14/2013  9:33 AM
fishmike wrote:

how dare this coach say something nice about Carmelo !

Red1976

11/14/2013  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  9:36 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo is the best pure scorer in the Universe what are you guys talking about

Come on ! Be serious one second !

I will settle for best pure scorer on planet Earth !

He is also unilaterally best friend with tkf

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
11/14/2013  9:37 AM
Bargs is a poor mans Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Lucky the Knicks division is pretty crappy top to bottom.

Game Thread: Knicks vs Hawks..game 6 of the regular season that feels like game 7 of the NBA FINALS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy