[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Noon game at the Garden versus Spurs!
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/10/2013  2:59 PM
knickscity wrote:i know, this team is better than last year's.

You play like crap, with no effort and no pride, then that's what you are until you prove otherwise

AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/10/2013  3:05 PM
Those unis are hideous...Watching them play poorly in those unis is just a double insult...
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/10/2013  3:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:i know, this team is better than last year's.

When healthy there's more talent on this roster, but that doesn't mean the coach can just roll the ball out there on offense and have no plan. Can't just put crazy lineups on the floor and hope it works. Gotta get the players to understand the defensive scheme and not switch like it's going out of style. The Rockets have a better roster and yet they aren't exactly killing yet either. The Nets have a better roster and aren't rolling yet. There's more to it than just collecting players.

the t4eam has been winging it for two seasons now.

this group is worse, the quicker it's admitted the season might be able to be salvaged.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/10/2013  3:18 PM
Look eventually this team is gonna play better than it is right now. It's LONG season and things will change as they work to fix the issues and players like JR get into mid-season form. It's gonna take a much better effort from Woody to fix this team. Right now this offense is PUTRID and the defense makes no sense. I'm convinced that better coaching would make a big difference. You can't just roll the ball out there and hope they figure it out.
knickscity
USA
11/10/2013  4:04 PM
nixluva wrote:Look eventually this team is gonna play better than it is right now. It's LONG season and things will change as they work to fix the issues and players like JR get into mid-season form. It's gonna take a much better effort from Woody to fix this team. Right now this offense is PUTRID and the defense makes no sense. I'm convinced that better coaching would make a big difference. You can't just roll the ball out there and hope they figure it out.

They did that for the last year and a half, the only difference is the roster.
holfresh

11/10/2013  4:13 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:Look eventually this team is gonna play better than it is right now. It's LONG season and things will change as they work to fix the issues and players like JR get into mid-season form. It's gonna take a much better effort from Woody to fix this team. Right now this offense is PUTRID and the defense makes no sense. I'm convinced that better coaching would make a big difference. You can't just roll the ball out there and hope they figure it out.

But that is exactly what u have to do as a coach...How are u going to figure out what is working and what's not working...It won't happen in practice ..It has to happen on the court...My problem is that I think we have a few players that have plague us the 10 years...Guys that are here for a paycheck...I'm staring to think Bargs is one of those guys and he just doesn't have the drive to be better and be a winner...1 reb in 26 mins from a 7 footer is about effort...

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/10/2013  4:16 PM
holfresh wrote:Those unis are hideous...Watching them play poorly in those unis is just a double insult...

Wait until you see these Christmas Day beauties:

knickscity
USA
11/10/2013  4:33 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:

But that is exactly what u have to do as a coach...How are u going to figure out what is working and what's not working...It won't happen in practice ..It has to happen on the court...My problem is that I think we have a few players that have plague us the 10 years...Guys that are here for a paycheck...I'm staring to think Bargs is one of those guys and he just doesn't have the drive to be better and be a winner...1 reb in 26 mins from a 7 footer is about effort...

Well lets be honest, all these guys are here for the check.

Even MWP, he said in his first interview he would have came for free......but signed for the second part of our MLE.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/10/2013  4:38 PM
https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/399631969543540736
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nehemiah
Member: #3928

11/10/2013  4:38 PM
The sooner that anyone associated with the Knicks realizes that we are a borderline playoff team, then we can go on being fine with that or make real changes if we're not fine with it. It's not complicated.

For example, the Hawks' forum is not having the gnashing of teeth that we're having, as they know who they are. We're worse off than the Hawks (we may be a little be a little better team basketball wise, but overall we're worse off and further than they to a championship) -- we're worse off because we don't yet know who we are.

dk7th
USA
11/10/2013  4:42 PM
isola on twitter reports woodson just left a meeting with dolan.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2013  4:51 PM
dk7th wrote:isola on twitter reports woodson just left a meeting with dolan.
Wow. Not sure what Dolan's plans are but firing Grunwald had to make Woodson feel under the gun. Not sure how many competent and or big name guys go along with things like keeping Chris Smith and firing their agent. Scary times.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/10/2013  5:08 PM
So glad I didn't waste time making gameday art for today
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
holfresh

11/10/2013  5:09 PM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Well lets be honest, all these guys are here for the check.

Even MWP, he said in his first interview he would have came for free......but signed for the second part of our MLE.

Well yes, when it comes right down to it...But at least there are a few guys that gives effort...1 reb in 26 mins have me worried...I have seen those guys around here..Curry, Steve Francis, etc..

IronWillGiroud

11/10/2013  5:09 PM

Good for woodson, he just got his extension too.

I feel bad for the poor bastard that's coming in!!!!

Run WOODY RUN!!!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

11/10/2013  5:11 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Good for woodson, he just got his extension too.

I feel bad for the poor bastard that's coming in!!!!

Run WOODY RUN!!!

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/10/2013  6:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2013  6:42 PM

Well, I hope it a beginning of a new chapter for both Wodson and the Knicks (no more switching, yay)
To celebrate I'd like to share this video with everyone

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/11/2013  8:52 AM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:this is how a Sh!T cloud forms:

grunwald fired, mills hired
"i want to have the experience of being a free agent"-- melo
"i want to retire a knick (but i want max money)"-- melo
"i expect a title this season"-- dolan
melo calls a players-only meeting

Typical agenda posting by you...Not saying we dont have front office/ownership issues, but please explain how Melo's comments directly effected the following this afternoon:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

BTW, the players only meeting was called just before the Bobcats win...Oh, my bad we beat the Bobcats because Pat Ewing was coaching

should melo have kept his piehole shut? yes or no?

Do those guys' numbers change if he does? I really don't think so.

yes their numbers change.

and by the way... what is melo's agenda?

Their number's change if melo doesn't open his piehole? Really? Can you be more delusional please.

More to the first of points, what's your agenda? Bull**** Melohate aside. If that's possible.

dk7th
USA
11/11/2013  9:03 AM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:this is how a Sh!T cloud forms:

grunwald fired, mills hired
"i want to have the experience of being a free agent"-- melo
"i want to retire a knick (but i want max money)"-- melo
"i expect a title this season"-- dolan
melo calls a players-only meeting

Typical agenda posting by you...Not saying we dont have front office/ownership issues, but please explain how Melo's comments directly effected the following this afternoon:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

BTW, the players only meeting was called just before the Bobcats win...Oh, my bad we beat the Bobcats because Pat Ewing was coaching

should melo have kept his piehole shut? yes or no?

Do those guys' numbers change if he does? I really don't think so.

yes their numbers change.

and by the way... what is melo's agenda?

Their number's change if melo doesn't open his piehole? Really? Can you be more delusional please.

More to the first of points, what's your agenda? Bull**** Melohate aside. If that's possible.

it's about MORALE.
melo's words have hurt the team's MORALE.
firing grunwald hurt the knicks MORALE.
dolan's edict hurt the knicks MORALE.
the symptom is playing without the right energy but the underlying cause is a lack of MORALE. they are a dispirited and underperforming group because of the words that were said.
what was said cannot be unsaid!

i am bearing witness and like any witness i have my point of view. dolan and melo are obviously malignant morons.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/11/2013  9:20 AM
Dk7th - speak for yourself. Carmelo Anthony is highly respected by his peers and teammates. The false notion that speaking is reserved for only certain players is based in your personal bias.

Keeping Chris Smith makes us cursed by the basketball gods.

once a knick always a knick
Gamethread: Noon game at the Garden versus Spurs!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy