[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Noon game at the Garden versus Spurs!
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
11/10/2013  2:35 PM
Mike Woodson needs to shake up the rotation

Period

Everyone is on notice.

Toure Murry. Hardaway. Artest. Anthony. Aldrich

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/10/2013  2:35 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
nixluva wrote:YO Murry has way more talent than Beno Udrih. His physical talent is better than Felton. This kid may not know much about BB yet, but he's got a good amount of talent and should get some run to develop his game.

After this game Murry should get consistent playing time and so should Aldrich.

If i'm the coach i've seen enough of Beno at this point. Murry has to get some run. There's nothing that Beno does that has helped this team so far. At least Murry could provide a spark. Get a steal and start a fast break. Score on a nasty drive to the hole. Murry has actual talent that can make up for his lack of knowledge.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/10/2013  2:36 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:this is how a Sh!T cloud forms:

grunwald fired, mills hired
"i want to have the experience of being a free agent"-- melo
"i want to retire a knick (but i want max money)"-- melo
"i expect a title this season"-- dolan
melo calls a players-only meeting

Typical agenda posting by you...Not saying we dont have front office/ownership issues, but please explain how Melo's comments directly effected the following this afternoon:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

BTW, the players only meeting was called just before the Bobcats win...Oh, my bad we beat the Bobcats because Pat Ewing was coaching

should melo have kept his piehole shut? yes or no?

dk, you know, you need to run through all the excuses first..

Trap game
Noon start
Spurs hot
tysons injury
JR needs times to shake the rust..

Am I missing anything else? lol

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/10/2013  2:37 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Typical agenda posting by you...Not saying we dont have front office/ownership issues, but please explain how Melo's comments directly effected the following this afternoon:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

BTW, the players only meeting was called just before the Bobcats win...Oh, my bad we beat the Bobcats because Pat Ewing was coaching

Regardless, his comments have zero effect on this roster. So if Melo didn't say anything, all of a sudden Ray Felton becomes an elite pg? Does JR Smith take better shots? Does Shump develop at a faster rate? Does Amare miraculously heal? Does Woodson call more halcourt set plays? Maybe he stops switching on all screens? Maybe Chandler doesn't get hurt if Melo kept his fat mouth shut....

Red1976
Member: #4510

by playing smart and with some passion and energy the record could have been 4-2 or 5-1, but by playing like tonight it could be 2-80 by season end ... I know there are some issues and weaknesses on the team, but they are a better team than that ... at least play with some pride, i don't understand, from the coach to the player they are not bringing it
TeamBall
Member: #4386

dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

Do those guys' numbers change if he does? I really don't think so.

yes their numbers change.

and by the way... what is melo's agenda?

Everyone shoots better and Amare isn't a shell of his former self as long as Melo didn't say what he said?

And we both know Melo wants to get his money.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/10/2013  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2013  2:40 PM
Hahn and Wally on the post game talking about all the incessant switching -- Hahn saying it should only be a last resort and shouldn't been done on every Goddamn play so easily. It's lazy....He's right on the money. Guys need to be taking the challenge of guarding and staying with their own man. Guys are taking this switching for granted. We're switching ourselves right into mismatches repeatedly...It's crazy!
Uptown

11/10/2013  2:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

Do those guys' numbers change if he does? I really don't think so.

yes their numbers change.

and by the way... what is melo's agenda?

Everyone shoots better and Amare isn't a shell of his former self as long as Melo didn't say what he said?

And we both know Melo wants to get his money.

Makes zero sense....

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/10/2013  2:40 PM
Finestrg wrote:Hahn and Wally on the post game talking about all the incessant switching -- Hahn saying it should only be a last resort and shouldn't been done on every Goddamn play so easily. It's lazy....He's right on the money. Guys need to be taking the challenge of guarding and staying with their man. Guys are talking this switching for granted. We're switching ourselves right into mismatches...It's crazy!

Wally highlighted one of the first players where we switched Bargs onto Parker and he got Green an open 3 as a result. I know Woodson sees this. What I don't know is why he insists on doing it still.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Red1976

11/10/2013  2:41 PM
could the melo haters not come to this thread today and give it a rest ... yes the team is playing awful, yes Melo is part of the team and part of the problem ...
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/10/2013  2:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:KNICKS NEED A SPARK! Something different than Woody has been putting out there. I say Murry could be a change of pace from the Slow and slower Prigs and Beno. I love Prigs but there's no change of pace with Udrih. I'd love to see the Knicks have a PG who actually has some speed and quickness out there.

FREE MURRY!!!

As much as I hate Barkley, could he be right about this team? Melo gets double every position, and every when he passes the 2nd defender typically recover so quickly. This team doesn't attack the basket.

Our offensive attack is too simplistic. There has to be more off ball motion so that teams don't just wait for us to pass to Melo. There's no misdirection or cuts to the basket as teams hedge on Melo. We could score so many baskets off cuts if they did that.

What is this misdirection you speak of?

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/10/2013  2:42 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Hahn and Wally on the post game talking about all the incessant switching -- Hahn saying it should only be a last resort and shouldn't been done on every Goddamn play so easily. It's lazy....He's right on the money. Guys need to be taking the challenge of guarding and staying with their man. Guys are talking this switching for granted. We're switching ourselves right into mismatches...It's crazy!

Wally highlighted one of the first players where we switched Bargs onto Parker and he got Green an open 3 as a result. I know Woodson sees this. What I don't know is why he insists on doing it still.

I know. It's nuts. The proof is right in front of him game in and game out that it's counterproductive and flat out DOESN'T WORK!!! Make the ****ing adjustment. Challenge guys to work harder to stay with their own man.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/10/2013  2:42 PM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Shump 1-5
Felt 3-10
Smith 1-9 4 TO's
Stat 1-5

Regardless, his comments have zero effect on this roster. So if Melo didn't say anything, all of a sudden Ray Felton becomes an elite pg? Does JR Smith take better shots? Does Shump develop at a faster rate? Does Amare miraculously heal? Does Woodson call more halcourt set plays? Maybe he stops switching on all screens? Maybe Chandler doesn't get hurt if Melo kept his fat mouth shut....

it's about MORALE.

melo's words have hurt the team's MORALE.
firing grunwald hurt the knicks MORALE.
dolan's edict hurt the knicks MORALE.

the symptom is playing without the right energy but the underlying cause is a lack of MORALE. they are a dispirited and underperforming group because of the words that were said.

what was said cannot be unsaid!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/10/2013  2:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2013  2:57 PM

I agree, not even trying to push through the slightest contact. I don't get the reasoning. If a team they were facing players all about the same size, maybe. Like I said, it feels like they're tuning Woodson out. Maybe he can get them focused again, IDK. Woodson better figure it out soon before he gets some "help" from Dolan.

nixluva
USA
11/10/2013  2:44 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:KNICKS NEED A SPARK! Something different than Woody has been putting out there. I say Murry could be a change of pace from the Slow and slower Prigs and Beno. I love Prigs but there's no change of pace with Udrih. I'd love to see the Knicks have a PG who actually has some speed and quickness out there.

FREE MURRY!!!

As much as I hate Barkley, could he be right about this team? Melo gets double every position, and every when he passes the 2nd defender typically recover so quickly. This team doesn't attack the basket.

Our offensive attack is too simplistic. There has to be more off ball motion so that teams don't just wait for us to pass to Melo. There's no misdirection or cuts to the basket as teams hedge on Melo. We could score so many baskets off cuts if they did that.

What is this misdirection you speak of?

THAT'S WHAT WOODY SAID!

Uptown

11/10/2013  2:45 PM

But, who's the blame? The players or the coach? If the coach doesn't want them to switch on every screen, then it needs to be emphasized and corrected in practice. Knicks have been switching everything since Woodsons arrived as an assistant, so its clear to me that this is whats being coached. If this is not what he wants and the players are doing it anyway, then its an even bigger indictment on the the coach.....

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/10/2013  2:46 PM
i know, this team is better than last year's.
Red1976

11/10/2013  2:49 PM
knickscity wrote:i know, this team is better than last year's.

on paper yes, they better start playing soon before the season is wasted ... it's not too late but they really have to questions themselves, Woody included

nixluva
USA
11/10/2013  2:51 PM
knickscity wrote:i know, this team is better than last year's.

When healthy there's more talent on this roster, but that doesn't mean the coach can just roll the ball out there on offense and have no plan. Can't just put crazy lineups on the floor and hope it works. Gotta get the players to understand the defensive scheme and not switch like it's going out of style. The Rockets have a better roster and yet they aren't exactly killing yet either. The Nets have a better roster and aren't rolling yet. There's more to it than just collecting players.

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/10/2013  2:54 PM
There are way too many distractions on this team...We have to get Bargs going, limit Amare and KMart...Get JR going..Chandler going down really hurt because we could return to last years line up as a last resort...Then work Bargs in as the season goes on...So many guys trying to get some run...I'm still not ready to panic yet...I think Woodson just needs to simplify things...Bury a few guys on the bench until we show signs of a group that is cohesive and is playing hard...Cut Bargs minutes and bury Amare for a few weeks...1 reb from Bargs in 26 mins won't cut it...

I think its hard to start games with low energy/slow guys...We are overrating Shump too...He isn't ready to step up yet...I still like the idea of Melo laying back and letting the game come to him and others...Woodson have to start looking at guys who bring energy to the game...Most of our problems are effort..
Gamethread: Noon game at the Garden versus Spurs!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy