[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No pain...
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/23/2004  9:28 AM
I hate to say it, but these losses don't hurt. I've finally been conditioned to accept losses like we're experiencing in this series.

We’re undersized, under-muscled, under-talented, under-everything. We have a losing record. A painfully stagnant offense. An unhealthy reliance on the jump shot. We struggle to rebound and score in the post.

Losing to the Bulls and Rockets was painful.

Losing to the Nets is the expected outcome for this team. Any W we get in this year’s playoffs will be a stolen one. I’ll start feeling the pain again when we are capable of earning wins.

Until then we absolutely deserve displays like this...

[IMG_block] http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0422/photo/g_martin_ft.jpg [/IMG_block]

Let him celebrate, he deserves it. But he should also realize that this is not a great Knicks team, and he is not the next Michael. If the Nets do make it out of the East, they are in for a healthy spanking.

The Nets and their fans will soon be treated to another dose of the kind of pain we suffered in the 90's.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2004  9:51 AM
to me this last loss hurt much worse because we played well enough to win but could not score. We held them with out a FG for 10 minutes at one point. No poin in playing what if in games 1 or 2 but I believe 100% if we had TT or Houston we win this game and can get back into the series.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/23/2004  10:18 AM
with the way we played tonight, if we had allan and tim, we may even be up 2-1.

the loss hurts but it's a growing and learning experience for this unit and it's step one in isiah's plan. i'm pretty excited about next season to tell you the truth.
MarvinX33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #656
USA
4/23/2004  12:05 PM
The ultimate stinger in last night's loss is this:

Free Throws Made 11
Free Throws Attempted 22

They lost by 3 -OUCH
Starks is GOD
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/23/2004  12:13 PM
Posted by ToddTT:

Let him celebrate, he deserves it. But he should also realize that this is not a great Knicks team, and he is not the next Michael. If the Nets do make it out of the East, they are in for a healthy spanking.

Right. Soon, we'll fall but other teams will take care of them.

Martin called out KVH and then did 3/20 the next yr in the decisive game of the finals. Can't wait to see how he'll celebrate when matched to sheed and ben wallace.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
4/23/2004  5:22 PM
Yea but Kmart did his damage showing how much the knicks suck and responding to the comments of "we want the nets"... the knicks sure got the nets alright.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/23/2004  6:47 PM
This series has hurts me so bad....

I hated Miami and I still can't stand to look at PJ Brown, Alonzo or Tim Hardaway.

I hated Reggie too. I still hate Dale Davis.

I hate Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and BJ Armstong.

Thing about all that hate.....I at least respect these guys(except PJ,lol).

I have no respect for Kenyon, Richard, Kidd, or Aaron Williams Practically the whole team but mostly those guys.

It sucks because These Nets to me aren't that good to be beating the Knicks and straight disrespecting us like they've been doing the last 3 years. I just wanna slap Richard Jefferson. The guy has game but he is worst than Kobe as far as attitude.

I would love to see Kenyon go against Oakley in his prime. God I love Oakley. God knows how I feel about these Nets....

On top of that they will be representing my borough soon. I hope Kidd, Rich and K-Mart are all off the team by then.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2004  8:02 PM
we had a healthy TT for most of game 1 and we were down +20 something when he went out. Im sure having TT and H2) wouldve helped to some degree[although not defensively] but thats like saying if the Nets had Alonzo Mourning healthy--hes just a tad better than Jarron Collins. We have a 100mm dollar payroll and we have player depth most teams dont have. This crying from some knick fans is brutal. Have some pride and take it like a man. We had a real team in the 90s, we had guys who played a certain style of basketball and our talent was twice as good. We are not as good now, we have no style of play, we dont play good consitent defense--its NOT a good team. It hasnt proven jack. Bill Parcells-you are what you are and we are a 39-43 regular season team which was blown out of the water against a team which wasnt even playing good ball before the playoffs. They killed us in game 1+2 they held a 13 point lead with 10 minutes remaining and started to hot dog and we started to hit shots and grab the momomentum. Show somw guts and go win a game and dont fcn cry about some irrelevance about the shot clock. thats baby stuff
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/24/2004  12:41 PM
Bringin up Mourning is idiotic. He has not played all season. Houston and TT were supposed to be healthy for the series. Mourning should have never made that comeback. Everybody advises him against it.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/24/2004  3:13 PM
Morning made the comeback for his future financial security.
He was a great center.. and he knew he could have found a team willing to gamble.
UNfortunately fo rthe Nets they did'nt call his bluff...
Good for him... He gets free courtside seats for the playoffs..
And millions upon millions for wearing a suit to games..
No pain...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy