[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wife beater chants?
Author Thread
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
4/23/2004  12:20 AM
did you all hear the wife beater chants at the garden when kidd was at the free throw line?
anyone at the game hear them?
none of the MSG commentators mentioned it, did anyone hear it on the radio?
did kidd comment on it after the game?
I LOVE the NY crowd!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
MarvinX33
Member: #656
USA
4/23/2004  7:35 AM
Absolutely - and of course you know that it was started by the 400's.
sounded like section 423 to be exact.
Starks is GOD
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/23/2004  10:19 AM
That's classless. Philly/Boston fan style. I thought Knick fans were better than that.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/23/2004  10:22 AM
it's probably not even close to be being as classless as actually beating your wife... no excuse for hitting a woman... Regardless of what succes Kidd ever accomplishes... He's still a loser. A predator who resorts to violence against his own companion in life.. lol that is the most pathetic thing a guy can do.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/23/2004  10:25 AM
Posted by nyvector16:

A predator who resorts to violence against his own companion in life.. lol that is the most pathetic thing a guy can do.
nice!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/23/2004  10:27 AM
chant "Kidd sucks," or something like that. Chanting wife-beater is just low.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/23/2004  10:33 AM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

chant "Kidd sucks," or something like that. Chanting wife-beater is just low.
They are fans so they will try and get in the heads of the opposing players and mess with them as much as possible. I understand what you mean but Kidd put himself in this situation.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
MarvinX33
USA
4/23/2004  10:36 AM
There is a difference between boston and us.
The Boston fans were taunting his wife about being beaten as she sat in the first row with their son. Last nights chant was directed sqaurely at him and the fact that he will have to be reminded of his despicable acts the rest of his career, or life for that matter.

FYI - some idiot kept trying to get the chant "BEAT YOUR WIFE, BEAT YOUR WIFE" Needless to say - that one didn't catch on. That would be indirectly adding insult to injury for sweet Joumana - and we all know that what she really needs is a real man.
Starks is GOD
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/23/2004  12:43 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

it's probably not even close to be being as classless as actually beating your wife... no excuse for hitting a woman... Regardless of what succes Kidd ever accomplishes... He's still a loser. A predator who resorts to violence against his own companion in life.. lol that is the most pathetic thing a guy can do.

I agree. But it's there's no way you can make any judgment based on media reports. Unless you were there, you don't know what went on.

There are lots of reasons you'd hit a woman. There are lots of scenarios that would lead you to even hit your wife. Most are farfetched, and require a bit of imagination, but again, we don't know what went on that night.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/23/2004  1:46 PM
This is all I need to know...

Cops won't straight up arrest someone unless there is some actual eveidence... black eye for example...
I got the link of your post Tru.. Thanks :)

Unless his wife was threatening to hurt his son or chased him around with a knife or gun or something dramatic like that (she would have been charged as well).. there is no reason to lay a hand on any woman.
Normal people talk about things.. even scream.. but they don't beat a woman.

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 04/23/2004 13:48:27]
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/23/2004  2:01 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Cops won't straight up arrest someone unless there is some actual eveidence... black eye for example...

Normal people talk about things.. even scream.. but they don't beat a woman.

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 04/23/2004 13:48:27]

I feel you. I think it's accurate to say that there are very few good reasons to hit a woman, or anyone for that matter.

But as for the police, you don't even have to suffer bruises to get your husband arrested in almost all jurisdictions. I'm a law student in clinical criminal practice (in law school, they let certain students practice as attorney's for the indigent, but we can only defend misdemeanors like Domestic Violence cases) and I've had several cases where the complaining witness calls the police, reports being hit by her husband and they haul him off to jail, and the judge issues a full protection order. The system has very little tolerence. No one wants to have not locked a guy up and have him kill his wife the next day.

But your boy J Kidd is more of a loser 'cause he knows what little margin for error he has being a high-profile star athlete. That little fit of rage or whatever certainly cost him millions in endorsements. Ask Kobe if that piece of ass was worth the money and damage to his rep...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/23/2004  2:22 PM
Still...Boston is the town that would chant something like that - NY should have chanted Fugazi or something relevent to this series. JKidd is a great player and he made a monumentally stupid mistake. But if he hadn't - we may never have had Steph on our team.

NY has more class then chanting "Wife Beater"

Look at his mug shot, have a laugh, and forget about it - we have more important things to focus on - for example, getting another player on this team who can bring the Knicks to the next level.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
OldFan
Member: #446
4/23/2004  2:42 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Still...Boston is the town that would chant something like that - NY should have chanted Fugazi or something relevent to this series. JKidd is a great player and he made a monumentally stupid mistake. But if he hadn't - we may never have had Steph on our team.

NY has more class then chanting "Wife Beater"

Look at his mug shot, have a laugh, and forget about it - we have more important things to focus on - for example, getting another player on this team who can bring the Knicks to the next level.

I agree chanting "Wife Beater" is classless. And you know it has nothing to do with how you feel about J Kidd and his wife and everything to do with who he plays for. If he played for the Knicks you'd forgive him that and more.

I hate it when opposing fans go over the line - so I have to hate it when it's Knick fans also.
MarvinX33
USA
4/23/2004  4:45 PM
Why don't you just bring up the point that after the fans called him out for being who and what he is - he hit all 3 free throws.
Starks is GOD
Wife beater chants?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy