Member: #805
USA
11/14/2013  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:jrod I dont participate in such silliness.
True or false:
Lin would be the best guard on our roster right now.
Lin would have resigned but Dolan and MSG totaly phucked it up

Yeah, come on Jrod. You can do better.

Yes, Bonn, you're right, I need to work on my knee jerk reactions to small sample sizes.

Again, where the hell was all this Jermy smarm last season, when our starting PG couldn't throw the ball in the ocean for two months. It's easier to pick on FatRay and Picasso than JKidd right?

Romantic - being outplayed by Patrick Beverly and Toney Freakin Douglas.
I wanted Lin back and it sucked that he's gone, but he made his choices and our idiot owner lived up to his personality. Move on boys.

In other, actually related news, Shump tries to make amends to the breathing little turd-god with 9 dimes.

There were a lot of posters here, myself included, that were pining for Lin. We just stopped mid-season because we wanted to concentrate on the Knicks and other posters asked us to stop mentioning Lin.

In regards with Lin being outplayed last year. I watched all Rocket games last year. He was not outplayed by Beverley or TD. Sampson did not like Lin and it showed. McHale I am not sure but he is a horrible coach and I think he listened to Sampson a lot.

Interesting. Now on top of actually being statistically better, it's the coach's fault too. You forgot the injury excuse, too.

Trust me, I understand that the pining never went away.

Pining for others is part and parcel of the whole Knicks sports fan mental negativity. From Crawfish to Ray to Gallo to Moz to Lee. It never ends.

its not pining for others.. its being pissed about wasted resources. Lin was a dymanic and talented player we could really use who fills a position of need. MSG front office totally phucked up the sitation and we lost a good young player for nothing, something the Knicks cant afford. But there is nothing Lin can do Chris Smith cant right? The $2mm dev league player

1) define the difference; I don't see any in most of the posts in here
2) He was dynamic and talented for 18 whole fuhucking games of what most on here consider the JV season, right? We also watched him get his clock cleaned by DWill and others and there were those commenting regularly on his turnovers (like voila!, having 8 in one game).
3) WTF does Chris Smith have to do with this? Okay, hey! we're paying Lil brother Smiff less per year than we did Lin, how's that? Actually, on a per game basis, if you extrapolate it out over a full season, what did Jeremy actually cost for those 18 games at $700K? Compare that to practice dummy Chris Smith at the reduced rate.

For that whole little magical flashpoint, I really liked Lin. I still think he would have grown into a great fit here. But he's not here. It's not happening. And whining and/or interchangeably being pissed years later (and you know this will go on for years) provides what, exactly?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2013  1:54 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Again, where the hell was all this Jermy smarm [Jeremy love] last season, when our starting PG couldn't throw the ball in the ocean for two months [JKidd]. It's easier to pick on FatRay and Picasso than JKidd right? [Where was everyone saying JLin would be an upgrade over JKidd, as opposed to taking potshots at our resident ECurry Fatboy Stand-in [Ray Felton]

Can you translate that to English? I'm not trying to be obnoxious. I have no idea what you're asking.

And there's no such thing as too small a sample per se. Rather, it would be too small a sample to justify a specific conclusion. Unless you can put the two together, you're not making sense.

So when Melo flirted with a triple double a few games ago, what vague conclusion are we allowed to draw from that?

Here's the specific conclusion: Jlin is now better than anyone on the Knicks who've
1) managed to play more than 18 games in the uniform
2) managed to play in the playoffs in the uniform.
3) managed to play with injuries

And here: Ray's defense sux major donkeykong at most times (Not that JLin is some type of Glove re-incarnated) and Pablo would do well to adopt some of Ray's agressiveness on O.

I'm not entirely sure I'm following but it's ridiculous to be comparing Melo and Lin. Obviously the expectations are going to be higher for someone with 10 years of experience making $20+ mil per year than someone beginning his 2nd full season and making $8 mil per.
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2013  1:55 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
True or false:

Yes, Bonn, you're right, I need to work on my knee jerk reactions to small sample sizes.

Again, where the hell was all this Jermy smarm last season, when our starting PG couldn't throw the ball in the ocean for two months. It's easier to pick on FatRay and Picasso than JKidd right?

I wanted Lin back and it sucked that he's gone, but he made his choices and our idiot owner lived up to his personality. Move on boys.

In other, actually related news, Shump tries to make amends to the breathing little turd-god with 9 dimes.

There were a lot of posters here, myself included, that were pining for Lin. We just stopped mid-season because we wanted to concentrate on the Knicks and other posters asked us to stop mentioning Lin.

In regards with Lin being outplayed last year. I watched all Rocket games last year. He was not outplayed by Beverley or TD. Sampson did not like Lin and it showed. McHale I am not sure but he is a horrible coach and I think he listened to Sampson a lot.

Interesting. Now on top of actually being statistically better, it's the coach's fault too. You forgot the injury excuse, too.

Pining for others is part and parcel of the whole Knicks sports fan mental negativity. From Crawfish to Ray to Gallo to Moz to Lee. It never ends.

its not pining for others.. its being pissed about wasted resources. Lin was a dymanic and talented player we could really use who fills a position of need. MSG front office totally phucked up the sitation and we lost a good young player for nothing, something the Knicks cant afford. But there is nothing Lin can do Chris Smith cant right? The $2mm dev league player

2) He was dynamic and talented for 18 whole fuhucking games of what most on here consider the JV season, right? We also watched him get his clock cleaned by DWill and others and there were those commenting regularly on his turnovers (like voila!, having 8 in one game).
3) WTF does Chris Smith have to do with this? Okay, hey! we're paying Lil brother Smiff less per year than we did Lin, how's that? Actually, on a per game basis, if you extrapolate it out over a full season, what did Jeremy actually cost for those 18 games at $700K? Compare that to practice dummy Chris Smith at the reduced rate.

For that whole little magical flashpoint, I really liked Lin. I still think he would have grown into a great fit here. But he's not here. It's not happening. And whining and/or interchangeably being pissed years later (and you know this will go on for years) provides what, exactly?

You seem very invested in making sure no one here feels positively about any players on other teams
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2013  2:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:For those feeling nostalgic:

That LinShump backcourt looked really nice. Tyson, Billy Walker, Novak, Fields looked very good with Lin running the show. Man..Fuck You Dolan!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
USA
11/14/2013  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  2:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
True or false:

You seem very invested in making sure no one here feels positively about any players on other teams

You seem inattentive to thread content particular to the comments you make. You can do better Bonn. I believe in you!

jrodmc wrote:Lee is an allstar. Crawfish is a great sixth man for the Clips (if he's still there, I don't keep track).

What I don't understand is what will happen if Ray or Pablo or Beno has a sick game statistically, will we see the same adulation for one of our own?
Let me answer that for you: No.

I'm fully invested in this team. It's like my T-Bill for the NBA. Put all my concentrated loyalty in one basket.

Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2013  2:33 PM
I miss the guy. We need him. Hopefully it's possible we can regain him in free agency in 2015.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
USA
11/14/2013  2:36 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I miss the guy. We need him. Hopefully it's possible we can regain him in free agency in 2015.

+ ONE

Simple, non-disparaging, clear thinking.

<Insert golf clap>

NYKBocker
USA
11/14/2013  2:43 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I miss the guy. We need him. Hopefully it's possible we can regain him in free agency in 2015.

I think Lin can be had right now. Rockets are looking for a stretch 4 and they really like Beverly. Plus Brooks and Cannaan is on the bench. I say approach them with a Bargs/Felton package for Asik/Lin. Dwight and Bargs can cover up each others warts. I would also try to see if we can get Greg Smith.

nehemiah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3928

11/14/2013  2:57 PM
Yes, this is what I'm talking about. This can be done guys, 'cause Houston's acting kinda stupid right now. The thing is, when we've acted not smart, instead of being bummed, we should look for others that are kinda dumb. Houston's dumber than we at this time. They'll seriously do a deal that I think FOR ONCE we'll come out way ahead. It's seriously possible.
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2013  3:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  3:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
True or false:

You seem inattentive to thread content particular to the comments you make. You can do better Bonn. I believe in you!

jrodmc wrote:Lee is an allstar. Crawfish is a great sixth man for the Clips (if he's still there, I don't keep track).

What I don't understand is what will happen if Ray or Pablo or Beno has a sick game statistically, will we see the same adulation for one of our own?
Let me answer that for you: No.

I'm fully invested in this team. It's like my T-Bill for the NBA. Put all my concentrated loyalty in one basket.

Well now I definitely don't understand what your point was. I thought you were complaining about all the praise for former Knicks but frankly your wording has been bizarre today IMO.

Clean
Member: #743
11/14/2013  4:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2013  4:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:For those feeling nostalgic:

I had more fun watching that then I had watching the game yesterday. Watching that reminded me the real reason why I loved that time period the most. The team played "the right way". If you are open you shoot. If you are not open you pass the ball and move around to create space and opportunities for yourself and others. I never liked ISO basketball and chucking and the worst period of ISO Melo came right before Linsanity began.

I remember the talk about how Melo would fit in with Lin and people thought we were crazy. The reason we asked that question is because we knew how good melo could be if he fit into a team concept. He does it every All-Star game and the Olympics. He just can not do it on a normal NBA roster for some reason. I loved melo on those teams. He shot a lot on those team but he is did within the flow of the offense. Melo is a good finisher. He should leave the other things up to the other team. I rather him shooting open shots off ball movement rather than pounding the ball allowing team to load up your side with defenders. This is why I now hate Melo. He can do better but he just will not allow himself to.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
11/14/2013  6:11 PM
This team just isn't the same without Lin. I root for them, especially the young guys but the spark is gone. The way Lin captivated the Garden was like NOTHING I'd ever seen.

I hope Lin goes off for 50 & 10 tonight with Dolan in the front row. And I hope Lin says something sharp to him as well. I also hope we lose. I never hope for that and it isn't against us, it is just to put Dolan in his place, nothing more. I just don't see us ever winning a championship with him at the helm, nor the buffoon he just brought back in Mills.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/14/2013  6:19 PM
I enjoyed the Lin thing, but I also liked the win streak at the end of that season to get us into the playoffs. I also enjoyed the win streak last season too- more so than Linsanity. The Lin thing was good, but it's not the best thing ever for me.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/14/2013  6:37 PM
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh... it's almost time!!!

Oh my gosh!

Wait... is gosh even a word?

raven
Member: #316
Canada
11/14/2013  7:50 PM
Crazy, I had so much fun during Linsanity, and watching the video, the players seemed to have fun too.

Man, I wish he were still here.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/14/2013  8:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:

+ ONE

Simple, non-disparaging, clear thinking.

<Insert golf clap>

We'll get him back in free agency 2 contracts after this when he's 32 and breaking down and pay WAY too much for him. Maybe trade some draft picks.

Then he'll be hurt and suck.

Bet that.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

11/15/2013  3:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2013  3:33 AM
This is a nice shot but God damnit, why is his Jersey Red? It should be Blue, White and Orange.

[IMG_block] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZF9P0nCQAERnV1.jpg:large [/IMG_block]

meloanyk
Member: #5615

11/15/2013  11:54 AM
toad wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Any chance Knicks trade for Lin? Felton would be a good fit with Harden. He can backup Beverly. Maybe send Felton and Bargs for Asik and Lin. Bargs would look nice alongside Dwight.

would Houston do it?

I think they would. McHale is not a Lin fan. Also, the twin towers is not working. It works when they are not playing together since they have a 1-2 punch in the center spot but against very good teams like the clippers Asik and Dwight are exposed when playing together and Dwight has to check the PF. Bargs has been a Morey target for awhile. They think he is the perfect stretch 4 and Dwight can cover his liabilities defensively. I think it makes too much sense to happen.

Morey would laugh his head off. They've got bigger aspirations than Bargnani, c'mon. You've got the two best players coming back in that four-player trade. No one wants Bargnani and no one wants Felton. The Lin ship sailed long time ago. We screwed that one up big time.

I think he might give it some consideration. Dumped $30 mil of salary due in 14 of redundant players for two players making $15 that are more complementary to roster . Team could do alot with $15 mil and Felton could be moved. Knicks won 54 games last year , one reason was because we could bring the ball up the court without turnovers. Not a Felton fan by any strecth but Lin is still so overrated here. Houston fans were lamenting the sign last year
NYKBocker
USA
11/15/2013  11:54 AM
OT: Jeremy Lin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy