[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

frank williams can play d
Author Thread
Armondaone
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #379
4/22/2004  11:11 PM
i was in shock of how well he played kidd. even though kidd blocked his shot twice. i see a lot of talent in him. as for moochie let him go vin baker the league min again. kt is a good trade bait. by the way he finally got anger and started playing like a player. anyways penny gave alot of effort eventhough he can't really be what he used to be. ooh and before i forget shannon anderson really needs to get out of the starting line up. i know im late with that one but for real he is the other teams best player. he is good for at least 3 turnovers. sweets needs time. h20 trade him while we still can. mutumbo just let it go. nazr ??? i don't know if its luck or skill but ill take it. tt was talking alot he better be ready to back it up. But back to frank williams im glad hes gettting playoff time. to tell you the truth i like steph and frank in the back court. frank and sweets play lately have made he want to believe in our future team. this summer i hope IT can pull off magic and more young talent. ( im hoping for curry, bet it won't happen but thats my dream) later.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2004  11:14 PM
yeah but then Shandon started the 2nd half on Kidd and all hell broke loose

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/22/2004 23:15:07]
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/23/2004  4:38 AM
Franck will be a very good player for us in the near future. Moreover, he'll be a player that we'll have seen growing, which is, a great feeling.

With more playing time and a less tumultous season (death of his mother, coaching change...), Im sure he'll make huge strides next yr.

At least, IT may not trade him (if not for an offer that he couldn't refuse), and we'll do what is needed to have him on the court.

At end, our ballhandling and passing is so much better with him paired with marbury that I still don't undertand why shandon plays so much.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2004  9:12 AM
I think if we had another 20 games Frank would be starting. Remember he got hurt when Lenny was first here, then his mother died.. so he was slow coming back. He's also turn over prone for a PG which is probably why Lenny got shy with him.

He and MArbury are nice together because they can both handle, penetrate and defend bigger players
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/23/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I think if we had another 20 games Frank would be starting. Remember he got hurt when Lenny was first here, then his mother died.. so he was slow coming back. He's also turn over prone for a PG which is probably why Lenny got shy with him.

He and MArbury are nice together because they can both handle, penetrate and defend bigger players

With Frank, I think the traditional "he needs to earn a spot" needed to be thrown out the window. All this guy needs is a legitimate opportunity for a protracted period of time. Lenny should have just let him play, and learn from his mistakes, instead of taking him out after every mistake and punishing him by having to watch Moochie.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2004  10:42 AM
in fairness to Lenny he couldnt do that. If he knew the Knicks could win 35 games and still make the playoffs maybe he would have, but we were a game away from getting eliminated so he went with the veteran. I understand this.. not a big deal. This is the kind of thing that happens when you have 25 different players on your roster and a coaching change.

Things will be different next year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MarvinX33
Member: #656
USA
4/23/2004  11:14 AM
I'm glad for Frank and I'm glad that he's starting to get fan recognition. If there are any college hoops fans in here - then they will know, when FW was at Illinois - he was All-World his sophomore and Junior years. The only reason the knicks were able to take him at 25th was because of his dismal senior year. I remember being quite ecstatic that he slipped that far, just because of his potential to return to form. His lethargic play carried over to his rookie season, and I remember scratching my head time and time again, saying "What the Hell happened to this guy?!" He actually looked depressed or like his head was completely somewhere else other than the game.
Then I read in the offseason that he worked really hard and recommitted himself to his game. And the results have been splendid for the knicks and the fans. Let's not forget - he DID win the starting position right before IT got here. I remember actually feeling bad for him when they traded for Steph. The guy worked real hard to regain his form and then in a flash his burn was ripped from him. I don't remember seeing FW for weeks after that trade.
Needless to say - I am very pleased with his play of late.
Starks is GOD
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/23/2004  4:42 PM
I've said it a couple times, but when Frank was in college he reminded me a little of a young Gary Payton. He had some of the quickest hands I've seen. He showed that last night. He did a great job of disrupting the ballhandling and getting some steals. Also did an exceptional job of staying in front of Kidd. He may never be as good as Payton, but I do believe in his abilities and he will be a starting PG somewhere.
posterchild
Member: #547
USA
4/23/2004  6:30 PM
Let the Frankie chats come back all over again! gotta love it! You guys sell and but so quickly that you make the stock market look like a joke. If you were real Basketball and knicks fans, you would not even discuss this Frank crap all over again, it hurts the feelings of fans that always kept it in their minds. Steph is our point guard. Being a big Frankie fan, I want to see him get traded to a team that wants a real points gaurd, not a famous basketball player.
I am a big knicks fan so, once he is gone, i have Houston, TT, and Nazr to chear for. Hopefully the Knicks will comeback to have a great season next year.
Frank Williams is the best knicks player this year. mad Respect
frank williams can play d

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy