[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread-Knicks vs Bulls game 2
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/1/2013  9:06 AM
joec32033 wrote:The PG returning from a torn achilles made a strong aggressive move to the hoop when down one. The guy who openly admits to opting out at the end of the year who is 6-8 and built like a brick ****house decides to take a 22 foot pull up when down one.

+1

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2013  9:09 AM
Tough game. Stats don't lie, but it seemed like we were keeping them off the O boards. Bulls were getting a lot of one shot possessions.

I'd actually sign up for a one point loss and some Sombers begrudgingly looking at the positives in Melo's stat line. Although I would think him not being able to win the game at the end provided some of that.

Season looks good so far. Mr. Tyson, please stay healthy.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/1/2013  9:28 AM
Tyson looks like he's on a mission.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/1/2013  9:40 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo has to put the ball on the floor on that play and draw a foul. his instincts are just wrong there.

i liked his first assist tonight a lot. we need to see a bunch more of those plays. he also seemed okay defensively in spurts. 8-24 and 4 turnovers, 42%TS... yet with six assists. if he can ever put a complete game together with a tight statline i will be the first to sing his praises win or lose. meantime he has to rein in the number of shots he's taking. 17-18 maximum.

for a brief moment or two the knicks looked formidable tonight. hardaway especially looks like a nice pickup with a lot of potential. he has a great long stride so he covers a lot of ground in a hurry. you need that for a fast break lineup.

Draw a foul??...Knicks are down one..He had a good look and missed...U have to take that shot...Ur answer is don't shoot, let the ref. bail u out???..Just admit it, no matter what he does on the court, there is 0% chance of pleasing a few of u....

that shot resembled a heat-check three than an actual good shot. and drawing a foul is preferable to taking a heat-check shot.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

11/1/2013  9:44 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Tyson looks like he's on a mission.

Finally playing like a dominant center again.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/1/2013  9:53 AM
Dagger wrote:

Finally playing like a dominant center again.

Playoffs, playoffs.

We can't let him off the hook that easy!

He won't be in my good graces until I see him drop buckets in Second Season 2014.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
11/1/2013  10:20 AM

Love it. You know I have my doubts about Tyson, but the first two games he's played up to his reputation. Won't be sustainable for the entire season so they need to rip off a lot of wins to keep him healthy the rest of the way. But if this is the Tyson that stick around all season I'll be happy. Offense will come. The D has to try and remain as close to this level as possible all year.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/1/2013  10:35 AM
dk7th wrote:melo has to put the ball on the floor on that play and draw a foul. his instincts are just wrong there.

I agree with you there but Melos not getting that call. Didn't get it all night and he's damn sure not getting it during the final seconds of the game.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/1/2013  10:38 AM
Dagger wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I did see progress compared to last night. There is only 1 clear weakest link in the locker room. THE EFFIN COACH!!!

I agree, I think Woodson is flat out awful at improvising rotations and plays. He's as uncreative as they come. People use his regular season record to defend him because that's his only saving grace that has kept him coach this long, and I feel that record has less to do with him and more to do with the roster/ending dantonis toxic regime (right place at the right time).

Was with a group of people and each and every one of us called Woodson's last play. He's gotta start providing more structure to the offense because we freelance way too much. Plus, it's becoming more and more apparent that he's calling for Melo ISOs when time begins winding down in the 4th. Can't win like this.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Overlord
Member: #5662

11/1/2013  10:52 AM
dk7th wrote:that shot resembled a heat-check three than an actual good shot. and drawing a foul is preferable to taking a heat-check shot.

stop being ridiculous. Melo was getting RAPED all night and got no love from the refs, you think he's gonna get a damn foul call at the end of the game?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2013  11:21 AM
Overlord wrote:
dk7th wrote:that shot resembled a heat-check three than an actual good shot. and drawing a foul is preferable to taking a heat-check shot.

stop being ridiculous. Melo was getting RAPED all night and got no love from the refs, you think he's gonna get a damn foul call at the end of the game?

Don't worry, Somber logic, you will find, will provide no-win situations and arguments for every Melo consequence. If he had bulled his way into the lane and didn't get the call, you'd be reading about:

"Melo, the 16th century baller who has had the game pass him by..."

"Another great decision made by Melo, depending on grandfather moves to get a layup when a pull up j would have been fine..."

or if he had passed the ball and no one coverted:

"Melo, looking for an easy out to hide when a true clutch superstar would put the team on his back and look for that final shot"

"Melo, constantly looking to his so-called 'lack of help' to get him over his inability to close out games"

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/1/2013  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2013  12:29 PM
Overlord wrote:

put the pressure on the refs... that last shot was not good at all.. and he wasn't getting fouled all night long.. he shot jumpers most of the night..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2013  12:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson and Melo cause us this game. No set plays. We need a two and Melo chunks a three. Why didn't Woodson put Barg in their to space the floor instead of Shump or Hardway.

why not put shump on rose and take felton out

Shump D has looked suspect so far. That is not a bad idea when Smith comes back. Right now Felton would have been stuck on Deng.

Looking at the replay the plan may have been for Shump to guard Rose but was picked then Felton had to switch on to him.

I haven't yet seen the last quarter but for me there is no reason Felton should have been on the court. Everyone knows Rose is getting the ball. Good to start Shump on him, but why then is Felton on the floor to guard Deng? Shouldn't the lineup be Tyson, Martin, Melo, Artest, Shump?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MSG3
USA
11/1/2013  1:05 PM
martin wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson and Melo cause us this game. No set plays. We need a two and Melo chunks a three. Why didn't Woodson put Barg in their to space the floor instead of Shump or Hardway.

Shump D has looked suspect so far. That is not a bad idea when Smith comes back. Right now Felton would have been stuck on Deng.

Looking at the replay the plan may have been for Shump to guard Rose but was picked then Felton had to switch on to him.

I haven't yet seen the last quarter but for me there is no reason Felton should have been on the court. Everyone knows Rose is getting the ball. Good to start Shump on him, but why then is Felton on the floor to guard Deng? Shouldn't the lineup be Tyson, Martin, Melo, Artest, Shump?

Defense was not a problem at all in the 4th. Rose was actually playing terribly. He happened to hit a ridiculous shot. Our defense has been very strong with most lineups we put out, besides the ones involving STAT.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/1/2013  1:17 PM
MSG3 wrote:
martin wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Defense was not a problem at all in the 4th. Rose was actually playing terribly. He happened to hit a ridiculous shot. Our defense has been very strong with most lineups we put out, besides the ones involving STAT.

yea, felton was actually decent, he came over to stop rose from getting all the way to the hoop. although chandler came over.. felton made a nice recovery to help out on rose.... as I said, rose made a shot 99% of the league could not make.. he can be amazing like that tho..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
11/1/2013  1:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Noah moved on the screen to get Rose open. Why Refs? why? Then he held Tyson arm on the final play.

Didn't notice it live, but just saw the replay. Tyson definitely could have (and I think would have) gotten that offensive board. Would have been a tough putback, but could have been an entirely different outcome.

Clear view at 3:25.
MSG3
USA
11/1/2013  1:34 PM
tkf wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
martin wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

yea, felton was actually decent, he came over to stop rose from getting all the way to the hoop. although chandler came over.. felton made a nice recovery to help out on rose.... as I said, rose made a shot 99% of the league could not make.. he can be amazing like that tho..

I remember he missed a similar shot in OT the Easter game at MSG we won. Crazy shot.

MSG3
USA
11/1/2013  1:34 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Noah moved on the screen to get Rose open. Why Refs? why? Then he held Tyson arm on the final play.

Didn't notice it live, but just saw the replay. Tyson definitely could have (and I think would have) gotten that offensive board. Would have been a tough putback, but could have been an entirely different outcome.

He was being held by Noah. Refs didn't see it.

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
11/1/2013  1:49 PM
MSG3 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Right, I was talking about if he wasn't being held down.
Can't blame a ref for not seeing something I missed myself live, but it's agitating how many controversial (at best) calls went against us.

Better showing than I expected on the 2nd half of a back to back though. Looking forward to the next Bulls game...

MSG3
USA
11/1/2013  1:54 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Right, I was talking about if he wasn't being held down.
Can't blame a ref for not seeing something I missed myself live, but it's agitating how many controversial (at best) calls went against us.

Better showing than I expected on the 2nd half of a back to back though. Looking forward to the next Bulls game...

I think there were a lot of good takeaway's from the 2nd half. Barely any turnovers, great D, Bargs hitting shots. But Tyson needs help or he won't stay healthy and there was absolutely no Felton/Prigs back court last night. This bothers me.

Game Thread-Knicks vs Bulls game 2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy