Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/31/2013  11:27 PM
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson and Melo cause us this game. No set plays. We need a two and Melo chunks a three. Why didn't Woodson put Barg in their to space the floor instead of Shump or Hardway.

why not put shump on rose and take felton out

It was Melo who got us back into the game.

It's on Woodson to come up with more creative ways to get him the ball in a position where the opposing defense has more to think about than a straight iso.

no, it was chandler and the defense that got us back into the game... also THJ hit a big three as did felton.. jeez the carmelo saves the world talk makes discussing anything knicks.. hard..

Who else was playing that D getting those stls? Who passed it to THJ? See you just made his point. It was a team effort.

nah, his man defense was nothing to write home about, as we all know steals doesn't always mean defense. because none of you are calling iverson a great defender...

we got back into the game because tyson was outworking the bulls on the boards, gave us extra posessions and felton didn't do a bad job on rose.. you guys love giving carmelo credit where he doesnt deserve it.. he lost the game for the knicks with his bricks, lack of clucth play and costly turnover..

His man defense was good/great. His rotation was poor on maybe 3-4 occasions and he/Tyson/Shump or Hardaway didn't get back on D early in the game. You see what you want to see though so that cool and have your own opinion. So go ahead with it.

AUTOADVERT
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

10/31/2013  11:28 PM
At least one good thing that came out of this game, that we were able to hang with this team. And our defense was stellar. Chandler held Noah in check. Noah rarely put the ball on the floor was Chandler was playing him. I was happy to see that. The guy looks healthy. I would like to see how he will fair against Hibbert now.
yellowboy90

10/31/2013  11:31 PM
I think one positive was Bargs coming alive in the 3rd and he actually fought for the ball and created some second possessions. He has a long way to go but its progress. He really needs to speed up his rotations after he help out though. He is doing a good job helping on the PnR but a poor job hustling back.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/31/2013  11:35 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson and Melo cause us this game. No set plays. We need a two and Melo chunks a three. Why didn't Woodson put Barg in their to space the floor instead of Shump or Hardway.

It's on Woodson to come up with more creative ways to get him the ball in a position where the opposing defense has more to think about than a straight iso.

no, it was chandler and the defense that got us back into the game... also THJ hit a big three as did felton.. jeez the carmelo saves the world talk makes discussing anything knicks.. hard..

Who else was playing that D getting those stls? Who passed it to THJ? See you just made his point. It was a team effort.

nah, his man defense was nothing to write home about, as we all know steals doesn't always mean defense. because none of you are calling iverson a great defender...

we got back into the game because tyson was outworking the bulls on the boards, gave us extra posessions and felton didn't do a bad job on rose.. you guys love giving carmelo credit where he doesnt deserve it.. he lost the game for the knicks with his bricks, lack of clucth play and costly turnover..

His man defense was good/great. His rotation was poor on maybe 3-4 occasions and he/Tyson/Shump or Hardaway didn't get back on D early in the game. You see what you want to see though so that cool and have your own opinion. So go ahead with it.

LOL and you say I see what I want?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2013  11:46 PM
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You do. Where is the other guy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/31/2013  11:47 PM
melo has to put the ball on the floor on that play and draw a foul. his instincts are just wrong there.

i liked his first assist tonight a lot. we need to see a bunch more of those plays. he also seemed okay defensively in spurts. 8-24 and 4 turnovers, 42%TS... yet with six assists. if he can ever put a complete game together with a tight statline i will be the first to sing his praises win or lose. meantime he has to rein in the number of shots he's taking. 17-18 maximum.

for a brief moment or two the knicks looked formidable tonight. hardaway especially looks like a nice pickup with a lot of potential. he has a great long stride so he covers a lot of ground in a hurry. you need that for a fast break lineup.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2013  12:00 AM
I did see progress compared to last night. There is only 1 clear weakest link in the locker room. THE EFFIN COACH!!!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/1/2013  12:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
tkf wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You do. Where is the other guy.

Melo's not the greatest defender. We double team and switch a lot so rotations have to be super crisp.

But I didn't really have a problem with the way Melo played tonight. My biggest problem is the iso-Melo, esp. at the end of games.

Once Melo hit 2 shots in the 4th, we had a possession where it was Felton pounding the rock trying to force it to Melo who got it with barely any time to do anything.

Woodson called a timeout and then we ran a Felton/Tyson pick that got Chicago moving and ended up with Melo catching the ball on the move for an easy one.

I dunno if it's Felton or Woodson or Melo but we need more plays like that and less non-plays like our last possession.

Still think the Knicks put up a good fight on a back to back against a hungry team. We coulda easily won this game with a bounce or two here or there.

It's just frustrating to see other teams run good plays at the end of games while we stick to the same old isoMelo predictability.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Dagger
Member: #4184

11/1/2013  12:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:I did see progress compared to last night. There is only 1 clear weakest link in the locker room. THE EFFIN COACH!!!

I agree, I think Woodson is flat out awful at improvising rotations and plays. He's as uncreative as they come. People use his regular season record to defend him because that's his only saving grace that has kept him coach this long, and I feel that record has less to do with him and more to do with the roster/ending dantonis toxic regime (right place at the right time).

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/1/2013  12:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2013  1:01 AM
dk7th wrote:melo has to put the ball on the floor on that play and draw a foul. his instincts are just wrong there.

i liked his first assist tonight a lot. we need to see a bunch more of those plays. he also seemed okay defensively in spurts. 8-24 and 4 turnovers, 42%TS... yet with six assists. if he can ever put a complete game together with a tight statline i will be the first to sing his praises win or lose. meantime he has to rein in the number of shots he's taking. 17-18 maximum.

for a brief moment or two the knicks looked formidable tonight. hardaway especially looks like a nice pickup with a lot of potential. he has a great long stride so he covers a lot of ground in a hurry. you need that for a fast break lineup.

Draw a foul??...Knicks are down one..He had a good look and missed...U have to take that shot...Ur answer is don't shoot, let the ref. bail u out???..Just admit it, no matter what he does on the court, there is 0% chance of pleasing a few of u....

Dagger

11/1/2013  1:02 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo has to put the ball on the floor on that play and draw a foul. his instincts are just wrong there.

Draw a foul??...Knicks are down one..He had a good look and missed...U have to take that shot...Ur answer is don't shoot, let the ref. bail u out???..Just admit it, no matter what he does on the court, there is 0% chance of pleasing a few of u....

A good look? It's hard to imagine a worse shot in that situation than the one he took.

holfresh

11/1/2013  1:07 AM
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A good look? It's hard to imagine a worse shot in that situation than the one he took.

With 5 sec left, what are u expecting..He had a clear shot, no??

Dagger

11/1/2013  1:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2013  1:17 AM
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He should have tried to get closer, and there was a guy right on him. Besides he took it from practically the 3pt line when we needed 1pt, that's just foolish. He dribbled but didn't go anywhere. I agree with those that say he should have driven towards the hoop. It's not just hoping for a foul, it gives you a higher percentage shot usually. I'm not saying it's all on Melo, I think Woodson is an idiot for not actually drawing up real plays in this situation, I'm just saying there's no way I'd describe his shot as a smart one.
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

11/1/2013  1:29 AM
I finally figured out what TKF stands for Total Knicks Failure!!! Other than the Tea Party A-Holes and their determination to see the POTUS fail, I have never seen somebody with such a hard-on to see Melo crash & burn. Even after a game where he scored 22 had 8 rebs, 6 assts & 6 friggin steals. So sorry he couldn't nail that last shot to win the game but you sir wouldn't have been satisfied with that anyway. My advice to you is to get a new hobby like needlepoint or yoga or even bible study. Anything to make you less of an annoying *&%# around here.
holfresh

11/1/2013  1:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2013  1:32 AM
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He should have tried to get closer, and there was a guy right on him. Besides he took it from practically the 3pt line when we needed 1pt, that's just foolish. He dribbled but didn't go anywhere. I agree with those that say he should have driven towards the hoop. It's not just hoping for a foul, it gives you a higher percentage shot usually. I'm not saying it's all on Melo, I think Woodson is an idiot for not actually drawing up real plays in this situation, I'm just saying there's no way I'd describe his shot as a smart one.

Closer??..The Bulls are a great defensive team..Deng is a very good defender..He faked a drive and pulled up...He has hit many of the long jumpers as game winners last year but he won't hit 100% of it..I can guarantee that...I think u were calling for a pick and roll in a big spot earlier too with Chandler...Bulls aren't your average defensive team...Noah, Deng and Gibson are very good defenders...

yellowboy90

11/1/2013  1:33 AM
ActionJackson wrote:I finally figured out what TKF stands for Total Knicks Failure!!! Other than the Tea Party A-Holes and their determination to see the POTUS fail, I have never seen somebody with such a hard-on to see Melo crash & burn. Even after a game where he scored 22 had 8 rebs, 6 assts & 6 friggin steals. So sorry he couldn't nail that last shot to win the game but you sir wouldn't have been satisfied with that anyway. My advice to you is to get a new hobby like needlepoint or yoga or even bible study. Anything to make you less of an annoying *&%# around here.

It was only ^ 6 rebs. He didn't play a clean game but he did those little things posters say he doesn't do when he is not shooting well. They lost a game that was there for the taking. They must run better O down the stretch though.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/1/2013  1:34 AM
The issue this year is going to be how much can Woodson improve in his Rotations, play calling and feel for this team. It's still early so it's gonna take some time for Woodson to get a good feel for the team. However, his play calling is still suspect. Especially at the end of games. He continues to call plays that have only one legit option... a low % ISO shot. I can't for the life of me understand why he can't call a play that will force the defense to be reactive and not just sit there watching Melo hold the ball with ZERO other options but a defended jump shot. Over and over again we have plays with no off ball motion, no screens, curls, cutters... Just get the ball in Melo's hands and stand and watch. No other options... Nothing to trick the defense and open up a good shot for anyone else.
yellowboy90

11/1/2013  2:11 AM
Noah moved on the screen to get Rose open. Why Refs? why? Then he held Tyson arm on the final play.
holfresh

11/1/2013  2:45 AM
The travel on Melo and the non call travel on DRose might have been the difference too..But all that said, the showed up on a back to back...Bargs got in rhythm and a little confidence..Woody sat him I think so he can leave this game on a positive note..Key for us, Bargs catch and shoot ...Who got next..
yellowboy90

11/1/2013  5:25 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Shump D has looked suspect so far. That is not a bad idea when Smith comes back. Right now Felton would have been stuck on Deng.

Looking at the replay the plan may have been for Shump to guard Rose but was picked then Felton had to switch on to him.

Game Thread-Knicks vs Bulls game 2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy