[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Bobcats
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/26/2013  10:05 AM
RonRon wrote:They didn't have their #1 big man in AL Jefferson

We traded for AB but McRoberts was signed for 3-3.5m per year for 2 years, while he rebounds/defends, gets assists, and now can hit 3pters
What was AB traded for and for what purpose again?
Once again, our mini MLE was not well spent, MWP was coming regardless of the salary, and Udrih > Pablo

Dolan signing Metta was for potential entertainment purposes.
Pablo and Udirh equaled docile pg's who will conform to the best player on the team.

Dolan I see you !

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/26/2013  10:11 AM
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

Lol.

My have times changed.

Papabear Says

No Im not hating I'm a die hard fan that feels that the coaching is not doing thier part. The guys still seem out of shape.

Papabear
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/26/2013  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2013  10:46 AM
Everyone here is a diehard fan. Nothing wrong with being critical of players and coaches when it is warranted. Whether it's Woodson Melo Bargnani Tyson Felton or JR
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2013  10:41 AM

We traded for AB but McRoberts was signed for 3-3.5m per year for 2 years, while he rebounds/defends, gets assists, and now can hit 3pters
Once again, our mini MLE was not well spent, MWP was coming regardless of the salary, and Udrih > Pablo

josh is exactly the kind of guy we needed. let me also add, if we wanted a stretch 4 on the cheap. one who is young, athletic with upside still.. BJ mullens with the clippers looks pretty good and was had for literally pennies....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
10/26/2013  10:44 AM
playa2 wrote:

Pablo and Udirh equaled docile pg's who will conform to the best player on the team.

Dolan I see you !

yep....

damn playa, you are starting to make sense.. WTH?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2013  10:47 AM
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

I thought you were Pablo's biggest fan. Docile point guards that will conform and Metta for entertainment? The media has talked about Metta helping to increase the intensity in practice and how he has taken on a leadership role on the team. Come on now. Trash the crazy, dysfunctional firing of Grunwald and hiring of Mills or the Chris making the team. Metta and Beno were really great signings and not expected.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/26/2013  12:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

I thought you were Pablo's biggest fan. Docile point guards that will conform and Metta for entertainment? The media has talked about Metta helping to increase the intensity in practice and how he has taken on a leadership role on the team. Come on now.

I love Pablo, but he can only shine when we play the "RIGHT WAY"

As for Metta I love what he brings when he plays within himself. THAT'S WHY I SAID "POTENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES", but if things don't go well Queensbridge Metta might come out and become a circus that sells papers etc....

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2013  12:53 PM
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

Lol.

My have times changed.

Papabear Says

No Im not hating I'm a die hard fan that feels that the coaching is not doing thier part. The guys still seem out of shape.

The players being out of shape is the coaches fault?

Just ne honest, has nothing to do with being a fan.

The team looks like some dookie.

CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2013  7:59 PM
playa2 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

I thought you were Pablo's biggest fan. Docile point guards that will conform and Metta for entertainment? The media has talked about Metta helping to increase the intensity in practice and how he has taken on a leadership role on the team. Come on now.

I love Pablo, but he can only shine when we play the "RIGHT WAY"

As for Metta I love what he brings when he plays within himself. THAT'S WHY I SAID "POTENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES", but if things don't go well Queensbridge Metta might come out and become a circus that sells papers etc....

From Serby's Q & A with Woodson:
Q: What have you learned about Metta World Peace that maybe you didn’t know?

A: The one thing I did know is really he’s a tough kid. Physically, he’s a tough kid. He’s one of the hardest-working guys I’ve seen, probably does too much based on his age — before practice, during practice, after practice; he’s just a gym rat, that’s why he’s been able to stick this long. He’s got some championship pedigree behind him as well. … He’s a pretty good leader too, he’s vocal. I like his toughness. That’s one of the reasons this organization and I was really high on him

tkf
10/27/2013  11:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

I thought you were Pablo's biggest fan. Docile point guards that will conform and Metta for entertainment? The media has talked about Metta helping to increase the intensity in practice and how he has taken on a leadership role on the team. Come on now. Trash the crazy, dysfunctional firing of Grunwald and hiring of Mills or the Chris making the team. Metta and Beno were really great signings and not expected.

Great? boy some people love throwing that word around....

CrushAlot
USA
10/27/2013  6:02 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

They essentially were both vet minimum signings. Did you expect them to get guys that accomplished with nothing more to offer then mini contracts? Both guys could start on a lot of teams and both have won championships. I remember you had a list of free agenst in the summer but I believe most of those guys signed for more money then the Knicks could offer.
knickscity
USA
10/27/2013  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

They essentially were both vet minimum signings. Did you expect them to get guys that accomplished with nothing more to offer then mini contracts? Both guys could start on a lot of teams and both have won championships. I remember you had a list of free agenst in the summer but I believe most of those guys signed for more money then the Knicks could offer.

He seems to be questioning the "great signings" part....I think he likes both signings fwiw.

MWP used some of our mle though, nothing minimum about him, we had to play him more just to come home.

tkf
10/27/2013  7:37 PM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

He seems to be questioning the "great signings" part....I think he likes both signings fwiw.

MWP used some of our mle though, nothing minimum about him, we had to play him more just to come home.

exactly, they were decent signings. nothing great about them. Not bad at all, but I would not call them GREAT...

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/28/2013  4:00 AM
tkf wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

exactly, they were decent signings. nothing great about them. Not bad at all, but I would not call them GREAT...

Does it really matter? Are people not allowed to be excited- do you have to try and put a dampener on everything until everyone feels the same way as you do about this team?

knickscity
USA
10/28/2013  6:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

Does it really matter? Are people not allowed to be excited- do you have to try and put a dampener on everything until everyone feels the same way as you do about this team?

Excited is fine, exaggeration is another....the comment was on the latter.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/28/2013  10:00 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

It's all about reality. Let's hope for the good of the dampening somberistas that this loss carries into the regular season. I don't think they can withstand another 8-0 start.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

10/28/2013  2:05 PM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Dolan I see you !

Excited is fine, exaggeration is another....the comment was on the latter.

Could've just been his opinion. The season hasn't even started yet anyway and they could turn out to be big for us who knows.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Bobcats

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy