[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Bobcats
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/25/2013  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2013  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:Woody just proved to me why we lost to the Pacers, he plays the right players at the wrong time and vice versa.

Preseason?

It's his lack of feel for a close contested game, he doesn't know who to play in the right situations ...you disagree ?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/25/2013  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2013  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Hahn calling out bargs saying he has a 'low motor'

He does - 100% correct. Although I thought tonight was the most active Bargs has looked so far in a Knick uniform. He's never gonna contribute a thing rebounding-wise but I thought his defense overall was pretty good tonight.

Also encouraged by how good STAT, JR and Martin looked physically. No ill effects. These guys look ready to go. Ready to contribute..

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2013  10:15 PM
Starting line up has to be changed--you can do it now or be forced into it by losing. Its sets the tone for the game and its not working and I dont think it will. Its horrible in many ways. I felt good that they lost because they need a wake up call.
RIP Crushalot😞
playa2

10/25/2013  10:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:Woody just proved to me why we lost to the Pacers, he plays the right players at the wrong time and vice versa.
Yup plus our second half defense continues to suck. Also when we hit a few 3's we just start chucking every possession. This is why a lot of analysts dont rate the knicks as high as the other big East teams

Thank Mike Danphoney for that, the mentality to play that way still lingers.

Woody hasn't given us an identity yet, Kidd is gone now.

Cant blame d'antoni for that. Amare and melo are really the only ones left from MDA. Amare hasn been injured most of the time and melo hated MDA

Metta played for Danphoney too, and what about Felton ?

Without an identity, they revert back to the unbridled style of Mike Danphoney.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

10/25/2013  10:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Starting line up has to be changed--you can do it now or be forced into it by losing. Its sets the tone for the game and its not working and I dont think it will. Its horrible in many ways. I felt good that they lost because they need a wake up call.

Who Mike Woodson ?

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
10/25/2013  10:19 PM
Beno has a major problem jumping in the air with no place to go. This is where most of his turnovers come from.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2013  10:22 PM
Clean wrote:Beno has a major problem jumping in the air with no place to go. This is where most of his turnovers come from.
Agreed his last turnover was a big turning point in the loss
TeamBall
Member: #4386

10/25/2013  10:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Starting line up has to be changed--you can do it now or be forced into it by losing. Its sets the tone for the game and its not working and I dont think it will. Its horrible in many ways. I felt good that they lost because they need a wake up call.

Yeah the defense is a major problem with the starting lineup
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/26/2013  12:27 AM
Clean wrote:Beno has a major problem jumping in the air with no place to go. This is where most of his turnovers come from.

idk if you notice, but he has Turn the ball over every game in the most crucial of times, all resulting in fast break-momentum-shifting-baskets, other than that he's ok
ES
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/26/2013  4:06 AM
Papabear Says

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

Papabear
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/26/2013  4:18 AM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive hit coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

You have officially hit the panic button in preseason..

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/26/2013  4:28 AM
I liked what I saw in the first half not because if the score but how we played..Ball movement..Bargs catching and shooting..Shump needs to be more of a ball handler and attack the rim, get in the lane, got to the foul line..This will be Woodson's toughest season..The bench is deep and how he plugs them in will be important..I think we have to be a defensive oriented team and we can be..MWP was a great pickup..JR is still our second best player..Bargs is not in shape yet..He is struggling with his jumper..Felton lost some shape sitting..The team isn't all in sync yet...We can be good..Depends on the coach and which direction he elects to go..Melo and JR will get theirs..We are deep enough to make noise..It's going to the interesting ...Can't wait to see how it pans out..
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/26/2013  4:28 AM
holfresh wrote:

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive hit coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

You have officially hit the panic button in preseason..

Papabear Says

I'm not panicking I'm watching all of the teams and how they play in the east and so far we look like the lottery team. Melo does not look like an allstar. We still can't defend. What is Woody doing at practice??

Papabear
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2013  4:35 AM

The Knick are still playing old school basketball. Other teams a very athletic and we are not. Other team seem to have a plan to thier game but we don't . Woody is supposed to be a defensive coach? You could have fooled me. Melo is not playing like a star. He is missing shots not going to the basket. And Bargs looks like he have nothing in the tank. Missing layup after layup. As a mater of fact all we have is a jump shot team. If this dosen't change The Nets will kick our azz. Chandler seem useless, he can't shoot. I wonder what Woody is teaching at practice??

Lol.

My have times changed.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2013  5:17 AM
I liked the first half, hated the second half.

Our offense has looked pretty abysmal at times this preseason- hopefully it's just rust. Maybe we've been missing JR too- we just don't have a big time 2nd scorer.

Great to see Amar'e back. Glad K-Mart and JR are back too.

We need to flip a switch when the regular season starts, otherwise the first month of the season isn't going to be pretty...

Overall I still think we're going to have a slow start. Hahn is right, Bargs does have a low motor and lack of passion. Maybe that's just his dimeanor or maybe it's just because it's preseason or he's still working his way back.

Also did anyone notice the players have started shouting "I've got it (other Knicks name), get the F*** out!" once they've secured a rebound- I notice K-Mart saying it to Felton, And Melo saying it to someone else.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2013  5:37 AM
Also interesting ws Woody said he plans on shrinking the rotation to 9-10 players. So who's out of the rotation? these are the players who played in the Bobcats game:

PG- Felton
SG- Shump
SF- Melo
PF- Bargs
C- Tyson
Prigs
Metta
Amar'e
K-Mart
JR
Hardaway Jr
Beno

So JR will be out for 5 games. No way the starting lineup sits or Metta. Prigs is the main backup PG, so he's in. We need Hardaway JR's scoring. So really, it's looking like maybe we alternate Amar'e and K-Mart game to game, and Beno is likely out of the rotation already.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/26/2013  6:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:Also interesting ws Woody said he plans on shrinking the rotation to 9-10 players. So who's out of the rotation? these are the players who played in the Bobcats game:

PG- Felton
SG- Shump
SF- Melo
PF- Bargs
C- Tyson
Prigs
Metta
Amar'e
K-Mart
JR
Hardaway Jr
Beno

So JR will be out for 5 games. No way the starting lineup sits or Metta. Prigs is the main backup PG, so he's in. We need Hardaway JR's scoring. So really, it's looking like maybe we alternate Amar'e and K-Mart game to game, and Beno is likely out of the rotation already.

He didn't say when he would shrink it. Hopefully they play well enough to keep a 11 man rotation.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/26/2013  7:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

idk if you notice, but he has Turn the ball over every game in the most crucial of times, all resulting in fast break-momentum-shifting-baskets, other than that he's ok

I said it the other day -- this guy's been turning it over at a high rate and it's surprising. The man's a good player though -- he's gonna have to play to iron out the kinks and get comfortable. Yet Pablo's the backup point and most likely ahead of him. Pablo's looked good too to be fair. Having 3 capable PGs is a good problem to have but I have trouble seeing where all of them get the playing time they'll all need to thrive. Not even like Beno will get guaranteed mins at the 2 -- we already have legit bigger 2Gs that need to play (Shump, JR and THJ). Crowded situation but again -- good problem to have I guess.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/26/2013  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2013  9:09 AM
I know it was preseason but if you noticed we played bad teams all preseason and we still struggled at times(especially in the second half of games) Im concerned when we play better competition
RonRon
Member: #246
10/26/2013  9:24 AM
They didn't have their #1 big man in AL Jefferson

We traded for AB but McRoberts was signed for 3-3.5m per year for 2 years, while he rebounds/defends, gets assists, and now can hit 3pters
What was AB traded for and for what purpose again?
Once again, our mini MLE was not well spent, MWP was coming regardless of the salary, and Udrih > Pablo

Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Bobcats

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy