Member: #805
USA
10/24/2013  3:34 PM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Don't worry, 4 years from now, no matter what Bargs does, there will be some on this board still crying about all we gave away to Toronto...

What exactly do you expect Bargs to do?

Play better than two players who never played, and one-dimensional Novak.

That's it? So it's worth it to give up the picks in order to get a player more productive than Novak? That's the extent of your litmus test on this trade?

Finestrg wrote:He is exactly as advertised- Bonn1997 was pretty much spot on when he said he usually has a negative +/- impact, doesn't rebound, is a poor team defender and poor shooter.

However it is very early days, and to be honest I just look on him as Novaks replacement. I like that he doesn't settle for jumpers, and drives to the rim. I like how he's good at drawing fouls (why does the opposing team foul him so readily? Also it contrasts how reluctant the refs are when calling fouls for Melo). His passing is something I didn't expect either.

The question was already answered. You just don't bother to read. We already have something better than what we gave away. I expect him to do more of that.

And I don't live in the world of draft picks that woulda shoulda coulda. If you do, great. Happy fantasy league to you.

So, I'm guessing you loved the Eddy Curry trade as he was more productive than Sweetney?

So I'm guessing you think Novak, Camby and QRich and invisible draft picks (since we obviously only draft well for other franchise) are going to be more productive than Bargs? And you base this on what?

Even sick injured Bargs is better than what we gave away, if we're going to talk about actual players, right?

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
USA
10/24/2013  3:34 PM
tkf wrote:
Clean wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Clean wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Sidenote: Who knew Melo could have 7 assist and still be a ball hog/chucker. Now that's improvement.

Those assists don't count for reasons that will soon be explained by Melo haters.

You know stats don't show the whole story. Did any of us say he never passed the ball? No, we said that he went into chuck mode at multiple points during the game. Anyone watching the game can see this is the truth. If we want to go by only stats then Novak was our best defender last season and bargs was our best defended in a few preseason games. If you believe those 2 were our best defenders I have a bridge to sell you. People who rely only on stats fail to see the whole picture.

Told you!

You Willing to buy the Brooklyn bridge?

No, but would you be willing to deny you'd include it in a trade that gets Melo out of here?

I never said anything about trading Melo. I want him to have better shot selection. If you love those pull up 3's with 20 seconds left on the clock that is your opinion. If you like those pull up mid range shots with 2 defenders smothering him that is also your opinion. I want him to live up the the contract he will get next season. If you are going to be making 29+ million a year you should be held to a high standard.

good luck with that.....he is what he is... how many players after 13 seasons change like that?

I guess I should have asked tkf about the original trade proposal...

toad
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4338

10/24/2013  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2013  5:45 PM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Don't worry, 4 years from now, no matter what Bargs does, there will be some on this board still crying about all we gave away to Toronto...

That's it? So it's worth it to give up the picks in order to get a player more productive than Novak? That's the extent of your litmus test on this trade?

Finestrg wrote:He is exactly as advertised- Bonn1997 was pretty much spot on when he said he usually has a negative +/- impact, doesn't rebound, is a poor team defender and poor shooter.

However it is very early days, and to be honest I just look on him as Novaks replacement. I like that he doesn't settle for jumpers, and drives to the rim. I like how he's good at drawing fouls (why does the opposing team foul him so readily? Also it contrasts how reluctant the refs are when calling fouls for Melo). His passing is something I didn't expect either.

The question was already answered. You just don't bother to read. We already have something better than what we gave away. I expect him to do more of that.

And I don't live in the world of draft picks that woulda shoulda coulda. If you do, great. Happy fantasy league to you.

So, I'm guessing you loved the Eddy Curry trade as he was more productive than Sweetney?

So I'm guessing you think Novak, Camby and QRich and invisible draft picks (since we obviously only draft well for other franchise) are going to be more productive than Bargs? And you base this on what?

Even sick injured Bargs is better than what we gave away, if we're going to talk about actual players, right?

I'm not saying anything of the sort. You're the one saying picks don't matter at all so it stands to reason that you must've liked the Eddy Curry trade. He certainly outperformed Sweetney so according to your analysis, we did well in that trade.

If you want, I could probably make your argument for you, but it's funnier to watch you trying to deflect.

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

10/24/2013  7:59 PM
MElo goes for 8-23, not much has changed. Eight of twenty-friggin-three. Wheeee.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2013  8:43 PM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

The picks? You know the second round pick next year is okc's and is predicted to be the 59th in the draft. Even the first round pick is the one that Denver has the right to swap. Maybe I am wrong but I believe a lot of posters were really negative about Prigs in the preseason last year. It is preseason right?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

10/24/2013  11:31 PM
loweyecue wrote:MElo goes for 8-23, not much has changed. Eight of twenty-friggin-three. Wheeee.

holy ****

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
USA
10/25/2013  11:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

The picks? You know the second round pick next year is okc's and is predicted to be the 59th in the draft. Even the first round pick is the one that Denver has the right to swap. Maybe I am wrong but I believe a lot of posters were really negative about Prigs in the preseason last year. It is preseason right?

Don't bother toad with facts. He's gearing up for four years from now when those picks are seventeen levels of separation from some free agent signing that could have put us over the top.

Funny, indeed.

Knicks vs Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy