Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/23/2013  11:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:People this is the preseason. Its not that real.

They were trying to win tonight and they looked really bad. That's not a good sign. Hopefullymitmcan be chalked up to just being pre season.

This is last years 2nd to last preseason game thread.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43045&page=8

Here is a little taste of pg. 7

holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Amazingly...Melo having a horrible shooting night but his overall game is awesome...Nice assist..Sharing the ball, defense...

rofl.. unbelievable... was i watching the same game.. i admit i was switching between games, but what did I miss?

U missed 6 rebounds, 5 assist, 4 steals, 1 block, and decent defense...

and that was "awesome"... ok, so please tell me what was jason richardson... who not only shot well, almost 50%, but had 7 boards,6 dimes, 2 steals and a block as well?

again, this is the typical, melo stunk up the joint so let me get with the " he did other things so well" hype machine...

This is preseason...This is about the Knicks going forward...Ill take those numbers from Melo every night and be very happy of the effort across the board...When was the last time u saw Melo with 4 steal and 5 assist in the same game and I posted that in the 3rd qt before jumping to the debate..

Yep. Just looking at the first loss thread. Go to schedule on the tool bar and select a preseason loss and you can read all about how bad the Knicks were going to be , a bs team etc. it is preseason.

THey are just working on things from game to game. They have stayed away from the high PnR offense for most of the preseason which is the major cog in this O.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2013  11:30 PM
This was disappointing--not that we lost because it means nothing--but this team is all over the map. The ball movement scked the energy was high and low Im not sure we have the right rotations. This will be a good team but right now its a work in progress.
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/23/2013  11:44 PM
Our defensive intensity was turned up in the 4th

Bargnani is 7ft shooting guard. No defense

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/23/2013  11:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:This was disappointing--not that we lost because it means nothing--but this team is all over the map. The ball movement scked the energy was high and low Im not sure we have the right rotations. This will be a good team but right now its a work in progress.

You said it. Lots of new players who will play important roles, and Felton still has to play regular minutes, Stat is somewhere in the mix, who knows where. Its going to take time for everyone to get on the same page. No point in getting discouraged this early, season hasn't even started yet.

callmened
Member: #4234

10/24/2013  12:09 AM
See ive said this from jump: bargnani should start if he EARNS it. I understand that hell never be great defensively but at least TRY. Hes a liability on defense. We made our run when he was off tbe court. Start melo at the 4 and artest at the 3
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/24/2013  1:13 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:People this is the preseason. Its not that real.

They were trying to win tonight and they looked really bad. That's not a good sign. Hopefullymitmcan be chalked up to just being pre season.

This is last years 2nd to last preseason game thread.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43045&page=8

Here is a little taste of pg. 7

holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Amazingly...Melo having a horrible shooting night but his overall game is awesome...Nice assist..Sharing the ball, defense...

rofl.. unbelievable... was i watching the same game.. i admit i was switching between games, but what did I miss?

U missed 6 rebounds, 5 assist, 4 steals, 1 block, and decent defense...

and that was "awesome"... ok, so please tell me what was jason richardson... who not only shot well, almost 50%, but had 7 boards,6 dimes, 2 steals and a block as well?

again, this is the typical, melo stunk up the joint so let me get with the " he did other things so well" hype machine...

This is preseason...This is about the Knicks going forward...Ill take those numbers from Melo every night and be very happy of the effort across the board...When was the last time u saw Melo with 4 steal and 5 assist in the same game and I posted that in the 3rd qt before jumping to the debate..

Yep. Just looking at the first loss thread. Go to schedule on the tool bar and select a preseason loss and you can read all about how bad the Knicks were going to be , a bs team etc. it is preseason.

THey are just working on things from game to game. They have stayed away from the high PnR offense for most of the preseason which is the major cog in this O.

Everything seems to be in slow motion...They are trying too much to get Bargs the ball where he can be effective..Bargs has to catch and shoot or quickly move the ball..Bargs doing ISO and Melo doing ISO slows the offense to a crawl..There is no flow...Bargs is pump faking too much..He has to be a quicker decision maker..Also the second guard in the offense isn't swinging the ball making the extra pass..Too many guys holding the ball..Wait til JR and STAT get back, more guys holding the ball..

Felton will help the tempo getting into the lane but the second guard has to make the extra pass..Bargs has to catch and shoot or make a quicker decision..

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2013  4:40 AM
Last year we looked awful in the preseason, and posters were panicking and despairing too.

I haven't liked much of what I've seen this preseason, but I'm hoping we flip a switch when the regular season begins. I'm expecting a slow start while we wait for Bargs to get into proper bball shape, JR to return and sharpen up, Amar'e to get up to speed, Kmart to return and get back up to speed, etc, etc.

I haven't liked the complete lack of energy- that's the thing that sticks out. Maybe thats because it's preseason and players are more focused on shaking off the rust. Also our starters shooting seems to go through an early stretch of being awful. Defense has been bad. Poor showing all round!

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/24/2013  6:22 AM
callmened wrote:See ive said this from jump: bargnani should start if he EARNS it. I understand that hell never be great defensively but at least TRY. Hes a liability on defense. We made our run when he was off tbe court. Start melo at the 4 and artest at the 3

I'm super disappointed in what I see so far from Bargnani. Dude's a stooge out there -- so lethargic. Unbelievably low effort level. Not playing like he wants it. I mean you come to NY looking to make an impression and you play like this?? That blank expression on his face, like he's in another world or something. Not playing with any conviction or assertiveness at all.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/24/2013  6:42 AM
I am willing to give him sometime to find his niche as he gets to know his teams and recover from the pneumonia. If we are 2weeks into the season and he still looks lethargic we are in for a long year. Especially since we could possibly be worse defensively and on the boards. I'm sticking to 46wins
yellowboy90

10/24/2013  7:02 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I am willing to give him sometime to find his niche as he gets to know his teams and recover from the pneumonia. If we are 2weeks into the season and he still looks lethargic we are in for a long year. Especially since we could possibly be worse defensively and on the boards. I'm sticking to 46wins

I doubt the Knicks will be worse defensively or on the boards. Unless everyone regresses. Its not like they lost anyone who did those things. Maybe Kidd but Shump is a better defender and is rebounding well for whatever the preseason is worth plus he rebounded the same way in the playoffs. Melo at the 3 rebounds well since he is not face guarding his man. HE has also been rebounding the ball easily so far.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/24/2013  7:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2013  7:20 AM
Yea but as much as I want Bargs to start and develop a 2man game with Melo. I'm really worried about his ability to rebound. I don't think he had a rebound last night
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

10/24/2013  9:23 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea but as much as I want Bargs to start and develop a 2man game with Melo. I'm really worried about his ability to rebound. I don't think he had a rebound last night

I'm not too concerned about defensive rebounds at this point because watching the game last night Tyson and Shump were also waiting under the rim, grabbing boards. Shump was flying out of nowhere to get some of them. I do want to see a big improvement on the offensive glass though. If Bargs can get more put backs, keep some trips on offense alive, that would be a big plus.

yellowboy90

10/24/2013  9:38 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Yea but as much as I want Bargs to start and develop a 2man game with Melo. I'm really worried about his ability to rebound. I don't think he had a rebound last night

I'm not too concerned about defensive rebounds at this point because watching the game last night Tyson and Shump were also waiting under the rim, grabbing boards. Shump was flying out of nowhere to get some of them. I do want to see a big improvement on the offensive glass though. If Bargs can get more put backs, keep some trips on offense alive, that would be a big plus.

This as long as he can maintain his career avg he is surrounded by 2 guys who rebound very well for their position and Shump who may break out as a rebounder. Bargs needs to be surrounded by rebounders where he can just box out. He needs to do what Melo did last year box out/face guard the difference is Melo at the 3 instead of White/Brewer/Shump. IMO
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2013  9:38 AM
just keep in mind that the BUCKS had been (by far) the worst shooting team in the league this preseason, and some how they manage to shoot 60% from 3..to put that into prospective, they made 10 3 pointers (the same amount we made) on 16 attemps to our 31..
ES
yellowboy90

10/24/2013  9:45 AM
Sidenote: Who knew Melo could have 7 assist and still be a ball hog/chucker. Now that's improvement.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/24/2013  9:53 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Sidenote: Who knew Melo could have 7 assist and still be a ball hog/chucker. Now that's improvement.

He could average a triple double and still be called one dimensional by some here...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/24/2013  10:02 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Sidenote: Who knew Melo could have 7 assist and still be a ball hog/chucker. Now that's improvement.

He could average a triple double and still be called one dimensional by some here...

And inefficient! Don't forget his TS%'s are horrible! And he's meaningless, too! Getting to the second round is meaningless! And so is win/loss record! And regular seasons, everyone knows they are meaningless too!

Nothing new under the sun.

yellowboy90

10/24/2013  10:10 AM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

And inefficient! Don't forget his TS%'s are horrible! And he's meaningless, too! Getting to the second round is meaningless! And so is win/loss record! And regular seasons, everyone knows they are meaningless too!

Nothing new under the sun.

That maybe true but he really did make several bad decisions and could have passed more.

playa2
Member: #407

10/24/2013  10:31 AM
What we lack is effort, we don't know what people did in Toronto, the nightlife there can be tempting. It's the NYC of the north.

We could have been out late before coming to Greenbay.

I dunno , these games might not mean much to Woody in the preseason either.

We shall see against this same Milwaukee Buck team next week.

Get ya popcorn ready it's gonna be a show in da Garden

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2013  10:52 AM
Finestrg wrote:
callmened wrote:See ive said this from jump: bargnani should start if he EARNS it. I understand that hell never be great defensively but at least TRY. Hes a liability on defense. We made our run when he was off tbe court. Start melo at the 4 and artest at the 3

I'm super disappointed in what I see so far from Bargnani. Dude's a stooge out there -- so lethargic. Unbelievably low effort level. Not playing like he wants it. I mean you come to NY looking to make an impression and you play like this?? That blank expression on his face, like he's in another world or something. Not playing with any conviction or assertiveness at all.

He is exactly as advertised- Bonn1997 was pretty much spot on when he said he usually has a negative +/- impact, doesn't rebound, is a poor team defender and poor shooter.

However it is very early days, and to be honest I just look on him as Novaks replacement. I like that he doesn't settle for jumpers, and drives to the rim. I like how he's good at drawing fouls (why does the opposing team foul him so readily? Also it contrasts how reluctant the refs are when calling fouls for Melo). His passing is something I didn't expect either.

I agree with you in that he looks devoid of passion (though it is preseason), however he looked like that even when scoring 50 against the Knicks, so maybe that's just his natural look.

I'll give him til the allstar break to show us if he can be better than he was in Toronto.

Knicks vs Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy