NJ v NYK thread (4/22) GAME 3
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
4/22/2004  9:55 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Damnit!!!!!

I am once again blaming this on the officials. That was a foul when Kmart grabbed the ball from Penny!

Atleast shandon came back with a flagrant this game.
Series should be 2-1.

Right now, I don't care if we get sweeped...I want to see an EXTREMELY hard foul in Game 4, preferably by TT. I want him to injure someone, mainly Kenyon.

Why would you want to see somebody injured? It's a game - you watch for fun. Relax and enjoy it. The Nets are just better this year.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/22/2004  9:56 PM
Can we blame the officials when Stephon Marbury misses a gimme layup and we miss as many friggin free throws as we did? All 3 were huge problems, but we could've done it ourselves in spite of the officials.
OldFan
4/22/2004  9:57 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Can we blame the officials when Stephon Marbury misses a gimme layup and we miss as many friggin free throws as we did? All 3 were huge problems, but we could've done it ourselves in spite of the officials.

I agree it's hard to blame the officials when you shoot 50% on free throws.
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
4/22/2004  9:58 PM
OldFan, you don't seem to understand. When the Nets **** with the players, they **** with New York, and with the fans. Did you see Kenyon at the end of the game? He was mocking fans. He was mocking, me you, and all the Knick fans here, in the Garden, in the world.

We are not a good team. I wish we would of won, but I do hope Lenny gets fired and they bring in Phil Jackson.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/22/2004  9:58 PM
We played hard wo win this game but as someone said earlier we didn't do the one thing we are good at, hit foul shots. I know Mohammed is a bad free throw shooter but when your at the line in that situation you got to hit the free throw. You guys have to remember that this series isn't over yet. We just need to concentrate one game at a time and then we can get back in this. As I have said before though, win or lose, this has still been a great season.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2004  10:00 PM
I don't know what to say, I feel sick
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/22/2004  10:02 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by MaTT4281:

Damnit!!!!!

I am once again blaming this on the officials. That was a foul when Kmart grabbed the ball from Penny!

Atleast shandon came back with a flagrant this game.
Series should be 2-1.

Right now, I don't care if we get sweeped...I want to see an EXTREMELY hard foul in Game 4, preferably by TT. I want him to injure someone, mainly Kenyon.

Why would you want to see somebody injured? It's a game - you watch for fun. Relax and enjoy it. The Nets are just better this year.

Ya I know...but right now I don't care. I'm gonna be upset bout this for a while. And as far as wanting someone to get injured, I'll take that back. But believe me, I won't be upset if that happens

Gonna appologize in advance if I keep complaining bout the damn nets.
OldFan
4/22/2004  10:05 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

OldFan, you don't seem to understand. When the Nets **** with the players, they **** with New York, and with the fans. Did you see Kenyon at the end of the game? He was mocking fans. He was mocking, me you, and all the Knick fans here, in the Garden, in the world.

We are not a good team. I wish we would of won, but I do hope Lenny gets fired and they bring in Phil Jackson.

Hey LI - it's a game and we're not playing. We're just fans we can't effect the outcome. It says nothing about me, NY or yourself if the Knicks win or lose. It says a bunch of very rich gentleman who come from all over but play out of NJ beat a bunch of very rich gentleman who come from all over buy play out of NY. Keep it in prospective. I got no problem with Kmart I've seen guys get that excited playing for nothing on the play ground. If being a fan is that painful to you - you should think about doing something else with your time.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/22/2004  10:05 PM
This was a great, close game. That's what happens when you give Frank Williams a lot of minutes at the point! A tough loss, but the effort was there. I can live with losses when the effort is there.

Would have liked to see Dermarr.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 04/22/2004 22:06:18]
OldFan
4/22/2004  10:15 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by OldFan:

Hey LI - it's a game and we're not playing. We're just fans we can't effect the outcome. It says nothing about me, NY or yourself if the Knicks win or lose. It says a bunch of very rich gentleman who come from all over but play out of NJ beat a bunch of very rich gentleman who come from all over buy play out of NY. Keep it in prospective. I got no problem with Kmart I've seen guys get that excited playing for nothing on the play ground. If being a fan is that painful to you - you should think about doing something else with your time.

It's great that you can watch this strictly from an nba perspective, I envy you. But I'm wit LI on this. When you're a knick fan, you live and die with this team.

No I'm a Knick fan and only a Knick fan. Don't want to tell you guys how to be fans - sorry. I will say though that I live in MA. now and I hate hearing Boston fans blame loses on dirty play and refs and umpires... When you're team loses it loses.

MaTT4281
USA
4/22/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by OldFan:

It's great that you can watch this strictly from an nba perspective, I envy you. But I'm wit LI on this. When you're a knick fan, you live and die with this team.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/22/2004  10:19 PM
good game by the knicks. we have building blocks for something here.

why did stefan take so long to take over the game?

why not go to mohammed more on the block?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2004  10:37 PM
because he'll lose the ball or they'll foul him and he'll brick 2 free throws
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
4/22/2004  11:19 PM
get the brooms out its over.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/23/2004  12:36 AM
UGGHHH!
posterchild
Member: #547
USA
4/23/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

wow can marbury finish please!
And the reality kicks in! Marbury is a joke! nuff said!
Frank Williams is the best knicks player this year. mad Respect
MaTT4281
USA
4/23/2004  11:39 PM
Posted by posterchild:
Posted by gunsnewing:

wow can marbury finish please!
And the reality kicks in! Marbury is a joke! nuff said!

ya ur right, eisley would have been able to carry this team.
NJ v NYK thread (4/22) GAME 3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy