[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Vs Raptors
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/22/2013  3:55 PM
Finestrg wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I was impressed with Beno and his ability to shoot off the dribble and make quick decisions on the court, improvise. THJ, once he improves his shot selection and defense will be a real plus.

Still believe we need Murry because some of our guards and PGs are already out for various reasons. Better safe than sorry. Been sorry for the last few years because we go through PGs pretty fast. Murry isn't a natural PG but he does a better job setting up teammates than Shump or JR. Hard to tell Murry is a converted SG. Not as athletic as Shump or JR though, but those two have all star athleticism.

CDR showed me nothing. I hope Ike and Murry make the final cut. I keep hearing that we have enough scoring but we don't have many players who can bang inside and step back and knock down a jumper like Diogu does.

Disagree with those that say CDR sucks and has no talent...That's flat out REDICULOUS...But I tend to agree now with those that say he's not a good fit here and to me, it all comes down to the coach...You can just tell...CDR has gotten token time (the more meaningful 'show me what you can do' time has gone to Toure Murry) and when he has gotten in, he's playing tight and not being allowed to do his thing. This guy's game is not to move the ball and go hide in the corner for the 5th option...LOL. He's a scorer that needs the ball. He'd be an AWESOME option on that 2nd unit, esp. with JR out. Even when JR returns -- think of the scoring we could have with JR AND CDR out there anchoring that 2nd unit, with Melo and Bargs out resting...Anyway -- not meant to be...Not with this stubborn coach...Not gonna happen. 2 stints last night for CDR: the 1st one -- he was moving the ball and playing some damn good defense. There was a play where he stopped someone baseline where the ball went to Quincy Acy & the 24 sec clock elapsed. Instead of a 24 sec vilation, there was a Knick foul on the play after a review -- anyone remember that play? GREAT defense by CDR there. After that play, during a huddle, Woody looked like he was angry with Chris and eyeballed him for 90% of the timeout. I thought that was uncalled for. What the hell did he do but shut down that attempt coming baseline?!?! LMAO..He had a couple of blown assignments, yeah -- lost site of his man a couple of times etc., but so did everone else, including Murry..He had a nice 'and-1' scope shot finish and a couple of missed 3-pointers that were good shots, taken in stride. Played pretty good defense a few other times as well (ripped the ball right away for someone at halfcourt, Ross maybe?, and was headed the other way for a breakaway before being wrapped up & fouled immediately....I thought he played well, man...It's just not gonna work with this coach, unfortunately. Funny, because Woody'll give JR Smith all the freedom in the world to bomb away from anywhere but then suppress a guy like CDR, a dude that I think is an even better/more efficient scorer than Smith...Whatever man. Feel bad for CDR -- I wish him luck. Wish it worked out here..

Haven't seen enough of CDR beyond preseason to agree or disagree. I'm going on what I've seen so far and so far he hasn't shown me anything that makes me want him to get a spot. Even with that very bad decision he made I would rather sign Diogu. We really need lunch pail kind of players like Ike who can actually score. For the most part our blue collar players have been inept offensively. Jeffries, Rose, among others. We have our share of high octane scoring already.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/22/2013  4:00 PM
It's amazing how different Beno has looked the past two games. The first few games he looked old, slow and depressed. Big improvement!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/22/2013  4:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2013  4:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:It's amazing how different Beno has looked the past two games. The first few games he looked old, slow and depressed. Big improvement!

he lost the game for us, a turnover resulted in a raptors score, and a miss FT throw all during the last 90 seconds of regulation..the was turnover the worse because he did a spin around and penetrated the lane and easily got stripped..I expect a play like that from a rookie

ES
TeamBall
Member: #4386

10/22/2013  5:07 PM
Was watching a replay..still dont care too much for the excessive doubling of the post
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2013  6:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:It's amazing how different Beno has looked the past two games. The first few games he looked old, slow and depressed. Big improvement!
I agree. Brewer had a similar transformation last year. He was dragging his injured knee/leg in the last exhibition game, looked slow and heavy. He was a totally different player a week later.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2013  10:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

he lost the game for us, a turnover resulted in a raptors score, and a miss FT throw all during the last 90 seconds of regulation..the was turnover the worse because he did a spin around and penetrated the lane and easily got stripped..I expect a play like that from a rookie

Don't be too harsh. Dude was in there with the scrub brigade and was trying to make something happen. If he's ever in there late in a game he's gonna be in there with our Big Guns and won't be looking to make something happen on his own. Overall his game is getting better as he gets in shape. He's a good addition to the team.

Knicks Vs Raptors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy