[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

One guy whos stock is rising...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/21/2004  5:07 PM
is Penny. Hopefully he plays the whole series like this. I dont know if we can move him or if we can what for but he's really playing well.
PPG 15.5
APG 6.5
RPG 4.5
STL 2.5

A few months ago this guy was just shot, and Pho buried him behind Joe Johnson. He's showing he can still play at a high level.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
nadavshomron
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #623
Israel
4/21/2004  5:30 PM
in my opinion penny brings more to the table than allan houston.
he is a better ballhandler,defender,rebounder,leader
allan is just a great shooter(one of the best in the league)
we must give penny a chance to get back a be an dominate nba player again(more minute,more post up plays,more minutse as pg)
he will do his part i sure..
LJ FOR 4!!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/21/2004  5:56 PM
I knew Penny was playing well, but I didn't know he was doing that good. I liked his spin moves in each game.
He deserves to start over shandon.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/21/2004  5:57 PM
Trade Penny for the first good available offer. He's too far past his prime. I like the way he has played here, but any deal to unload his contract w/ decent return is a good deal. Disagree that Penny brings more to the table than Houston. If Houston were healthy, what he brings to the table is huge. If he played the way he played b4 the surgery, I'd take him.
fishmike
USA
4/21/2004  6:06 PM
they are just different players. Penny might be able to help a team like Chi get over the hump. For what I dont know. He's not shooting well in the series but he's doing a lot of other things nicely.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/21/2004  8:11 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Trade Penny for the first good available offer. He's too far past his prime. I like the way he has played here, but any deal to unload his contract w/ decent return is a good deal. Disagree that Penny brings more to the table than Houston. If Houston were healthy, what he brings to the table is huge. If he played the way he played b4 the surgery, I'd take him.
In the past I wouldnt have agreed. I hated Allan Houston cause all he does is jumpshoot but the thing about Houston is, when he is on (and he is almost always on) he will light up any team. There isnt a jumpshooter in the league that can shoot with him. And he is strong as hell.

Its just that he refuses to rebound. Or defend, or find the open man, or dribble the ball in the paint. But I wish he was healthy right now. I miss H2O and I wouldn't take Penny over him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 04/21/2004 20:12:57]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/21/2004  8:27 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

In the past I wouldnt have agreed. I hated Allan Houston cause all he does is jumpshoot but the thing about Houston is, when he is on (and he is almost always on) he will light up any team. There isnt a jumpshooter in the league that can shoot with him. And he is strong as hell.

Its just that he refuses to rebound. Or defend, or find the open man, or dribble the ball in the paint. But I wish he was healthy right now. I miss H2O and I wouldn't take Penny over him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 04/21/2004 20:12:57]

Who said we could only have one or the other. Penny is our 6th man. He would be great in a 3 man rotation wit Allan and TT. Get shandon the hell outa here.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/21/2004  8:38 PM
Shandon is the worst.

Penny is past his prime but he still is a good player. He does everything well....maybe not with the explosion of the begining of his career but he still displays good skills and basketball IQ.

Shandon is a bum. Who taught him how to shoot? Shandon is a 12th man on a good team. He's a situational player much like a utility infielder. Isiah needs to buy him out.

I'd like to see Penny in NY another season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
4/22/2004  2:12 AM

it's difficult to make comparisons, and statements like "if ___ were healthy" are confusing. hell... if penny were healthy and played like he did before his surgeries, i'd take him over almost anyone in the league!

fact is penny still seems to have a lot of good basketball in him. it's clear that he can still make at least 15-5-5 numbers given 35+ min on a consistent basis. i don't care whether he starts or not, just give him the minutes and delegate shandon as a role player/defensive stopper with less minutes. play allan as soon as he gets back to playing form.
KNICKS 2006
nadavshomron
Member: #623
Israel
4/22/2004  7:51 AM
i didn't say that we don't need allan anymore!
i said that if you look at the stats you see that penny gives you more than allan he can pass,he can defend,he can rebound,he can dribble,can score in the post.
given minutes and a bigger role he can give 15pt-5rb-5as-1st.
but i'm not saying allan is a bad player he is one of the best shooters in the league ,he is a great scorer(he could score more if he goes to the basket more), you must have him on the floor beacause he streches the defence and gives marb a chanse to drive/drive and dish.
if we had allan and tt healthy we had a good shot to pass the nets.
keep penny for next season he is good!
LJ FOR 4!!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2004  8:57 AM
Shandon was the only one out there the other day hustling. Other than marbs, he is most athletic. Is shoots poorly, and I do prefer he not be playing, but this is what it has come down to, he is our backup no. 2 with a big contract we cant quite dump yet.

penny can't play big minutes over a season has he has no knees. Im glad he is doing well.

Isiah in the draft? I hope he does something and unlike our team for the last 17 years, have the balls to develope more players. The josh howards and Marquis Daniels earned run and are getting it.

Demarr still needs work.

TT is talking real big, funny he is our real tough guy now?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2004  10:13 AM
if Penny was started instead of Shandon Anderson his stock would be much higher!
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/22/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

if Penny was started instead of Shandon Anderson his stock would be much higher!

Disagree. Shandon makes Penny look good. Without him, Penny's stock will plummet.
RonRon
Member: #246
4/22/2004  3:51 PM
penny has shown he still has some game in him, however, his contract is still 12 or 15 mill, wutever the case may be. No team is gonna give their first round pick for penny, no one will give any young talent for penny, the most u can get for penny is either expiring useless contracts or guys with heavy contracts like jerome williams, shandon andersons etc.... i understand penny has shown he can play but no one in the right mind would want to take his contract unless they are a developing NBA team that are under the salary cap that CANT get any talent....hopefully the bobcats

either we keep this guy on the bench or let the bobcats take him away from us
fishmike
USA
4/22/2004  4:02 PM
your partially right... I would not expect to get young players or high picks back, but he can certainly help another team. Considering how many guys we have seen get traded anything can happen.
Therapist
Member: #526
4/22/2004  4:32 PM
or he could stay in NY and continue to produce?

whether he'll be DONE in a few years or not, right now penny is a STARTER caliber player, playing the 6th man role for a WEAK knicks team.. penny can average 16+ a season if given the playing time and opportunity...

why not just let him retire with the KNICKS?

is there a player on this team that you guys HAVEN'T talked about trading??

thats a problem with the knicks, and knick fans i've noticed... all of a sudden your all about QUICK FIXES and miracle trades.. instead of just letting a team DEVELOP CHEMISTRY TOGETHER...

dump shandon anderson, pick up a REAL inside presence, let alan houston heal... and lets do some damage next season...
fishmike
USA
4/22/2004  4:39 PM
I have no problems with that at all
One guy whos stock is rising...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy