Member: #1673
USA
10/10/2013  1:17 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
misterearl wrote:Two Words

Toure Murry

Here endeth the lesson

[IMG_block] http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif [/IMG_block]

What's so funny about Toure Murry as 4th string PG/SG?

Maybe Toure is 5th string PG behind Chris Smith.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
AUTOADVERT
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

10/10/2013  1:28 PM
Murry is a poor mans version of Toney Douglas.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/10/2013  1:34 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Murry is a poor mans version of Toney Douglas.

Toney Douglas was actually starting point guard for the Knicks. Think about that for a second.

Don't think Murry is anywhere close to having that responsibility if he makes the team.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

10/10/2013  1:41 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

Toney Douglas was actually starting point guard for the Knicks. Think about that for a second.

Don't think Murry is anywhere close to having that responsibility if he makes the team.

Yeah, so why do you care if he makes the team or not? He's clearly not good enough to be in the league. He's better than Smith but so am I.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/10/2013  2:15 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Yeah, so why do you care if he makes the team or not? He's clearly not good enough to be in the league. He's better than Smith but so am I.

Smith is not even a NBDL level player. Murry is 6'5 can play 3 positions can potentially be groomed into a NBA level player.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/14/2013  2:13 PM
Had to bump this a little, but is Chris Smith not the worst player ever to put on a Knicks uniform? On saturday night the jump shots he took barely grazed the rim. He looked extrememly awkward at the free throw line as well. I don't think i have ever seen a player look so out of place on the floor.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/14/2013  2:21 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Smith is not even a NBDL level player. Murry is 6'5 can play 3 positions can potentially be groomed into a NBA level player.

Not to mention TD's resume includes a run with almost becoming Linsanity's daddy, Houston-style.

And to be more topical, could Jimmie D really love JSmith's agent this much?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/14/2013  2:24 PM
I think he would have a hard time making the d league roster, he is pure trash
ES
Knixkik
USA
10/14/2013  2:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I think he would have a hard time making the d league roster, he is pure trash

I'll say that I don't think any other team in the league would sign him to their D league roster if the Knicks don't, but we know they will.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/14/2013  3:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I think he would have a hard time making the d league roster, he is pure trash

I'll say that I don't think any other team in the league would sign him to their D league roster if the Knicks don't, but we know they will.

the market for JR was about 6.5 mill per for 4 yrs..he took about a mill less to play on a contender, play in a big market, and get his brother an invitation to camp and at the very least, a d league spot.. I believe JR is a CAA client, which everybody that matters on the knicks is signed to CAA so im not surprise to see this kid take up a roster spot even though he's no where close to NBA material..

ES
Knixkik
USA
10/14/2013  4:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

the market for JR was about 6.5 mill per for 4 yrs..he took about a mill less to play on a contender, play in a big market, and get his brother an invitation to camp and at the very least, a d league spot.. I believe JR is a CAA client, which everybody that matters on the knicks is signed to CAA so im not surprise to see this kid take up a roster spot even though he's no where close to NBA material..

Yeah that is obvious. They are probably secretly hoping he at least fits in enough to justify a roster spot, even if he's clearly not as good as someone who gets cut, but like everyone has said, he is so out of place on the court that there is no way anyone could justify giving him a roster spot, so he will be on the d league team even though he doesn't belong there either.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/14/2013  8:27 PM
Murry was a step slow at times but as far as seeing the floor, making the right decisions, he did well. A handful of preseason games played, Murry will get used to faster tempo as the season goes on.
Chris Smith...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy