[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our problems...
Author Thread
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
4/21/2004  12:59 AM
besides the fact that Houston and T.Thomas are out...

1 Marbury still takes stupid shots...
He's a veteran and he still heaves/forces stupid shots, especially when he gets frustrated then he starts acting like an immature school yard player.
2 Lack of a poster that commands double teams...
Not that many teams have one but we are in dire need of one.
3 Lack of chemistry...
or is it that most of our players just lack basketball IQ? You can't just stand there and expect things to happen. It just seems that the Knicks are kinda stupid, I think they need a coach to teach basics and hard defense, back to the basics kinda thing.
4 We have no SOLID, CONSISTENT BIG MAN. We can go down the list and none of these guys can do day in and out what is needed. Mutt is old, Kurt is a role player, Mohammed is too inconsistent, Baker is a shadow of his old self, and Sweets is still a rookie.

I think we still have a piece or two to add and a lot more tinkering and playing to do.

Could we play T.Thomas at PF? Maybe some lineup like this next year: assuming that Houston will retire next season (I truly think he might be done).

Mohammed Kurt Mutt Baker
T.Thomas Kurt
DeMar Anderson
Penny Marbury
Marbury Williams Penny

I really think we need ONE GOOD CONSISTENT player at either the PF or C position. At the end of next year or two years from now... will we resign Baker? Will Mutt retire? We'll be looking at Mohammed/Kurt/Othella/Sweets playing PF/C positions... which is not too bad compared to the players under Layden but still no where good enough to win a championship.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/21/2004  10:34 AM
I like it but I would put Deke at C because with a lineup like that YOU NEED HIM!
Our problems...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy