[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wholesale Changes Needed
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/21/2004  12:34 AM
I sound like Briggs, but after going to the first two games and watching it live, I came up with two things:
1) Defensive minded, intense coach.
2) A post scorer.

The first is easy, you fire Wilkens, and you hire somebody. If Isiah hires himself, so be it. I want somebody like Frank or Bzdelick screaming and yelling, demanding tough D, and actually developing game plans and executing them.

Second, target Eddy Curry. The Bulls want hard-working, blue-collar types. Take Curry and their biggest contract (Jerome Williams, who isn't that overpaid considering Shandon Anderson and his contributions) and give them Sweetney, Mohammed, and Trybanski. Curry, to me, is worth giving up Sweetney. He's bigger, has more potential, and already can score with his back to the basket. Risky, yes, but you have to take risks in the Knicks position.

What does everyone think?
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/21/2004  12:41 AM
I think you can do the deal without sweetney, I would love to have Sweetney and Curry on that front line, I mean two big guys who are pretty mobile, I think with the right mentoring curry can be a beast!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/21/2004  11:10 AM
I think this team has been exposed pretty badly. The direction I would go in is Speed. As much as I like Sweetney I would trade him for Wilcox. I would drop TT and H20 and what ever it took for T-Mac. Trade KT for Tyson Chandler. Also somehow lure Camby back to the Knicks I tought I would never say that. The Starting lineup I would throw out there:
Wilcox pf (speed and rebounding decent post game developing)
DerrMar sf (Needs time, 15 pts a game easily with time)
Chandler c (Needs to bulk up but can run the floor for a big man)
T-Mac sg (Do I have to say anything)
Marbury g (One of the better pgs in the game)

To top it off I would get a new coach preferably Byron Scott or Cooper.

Why I would go in the direction of speed simple reason with speed mistakes are easily covered on defense and on offense easy opportunities are presented.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2004  12:00 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I sound like Briggs

I always get you guys mixed up. Maybe it's the whole username-starting-with-a-capital-B thing.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/21/2004  1:02 PM
chandler can't be a c in this league. Thin frame, bad back. like camby, this guys need a bruiser next to them in the paint to be durable. cannot be the main man downlow.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/21/2004  1:10 PM
My personal preference is to get Curry but I think Bulls are going to hold on to him. As for Chandler, he can play the Center. I think one of the problems the bulls have is that they have two centers and position identification becomes difficult for them. Similar to Cartwright and Ewing.
Wholesale Changes Needed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy