[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's a long series
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
4/20/2004  3:09 PM
... well, at least four games. Let's not read too much into one miserable loss. Marbury, KT, Vinnie Baker, even Shandumb all have at least 3 more chances to redeem themselves. The Knicks are a pretty young team now, particularly when judged in terms of playoff experience. Like most young teams, they'll be a lot better at home.

I don't think too many of us really expected to win the NBA championship this season, or even to take this sesries against the Nets. We were hoping to be competitive. I'm still hoping for that. Even if we aren't, though, I'm glad we're in the playoffs with a chance for our young guys to learn what playoff basketball is all about and for our management to learn which players we want to keep around.

My prediction:
-Marbury will play better, especially at home. He's too good to be taken out of his game just be simple double teams.
-KT can't be as bad as he was in game 1 throughout. He'll bounce back too.
-Vinnie just looked soft. Remeber the play where he was just off the bench and made Jason Collins look like Shaq, giving up position directly under the hole and then committing a soft foul to allow a 3 pointer? It was the worst single defensive sequence I can remember seeing all season. I don't think Vinnie is ready to play.
-Shandone will be who he is, playing some D and scoring some, but frustrating fans with bone-headed plays and bricks all the while.

Meanwhile,
-Penny will continue to show he's still got game.
-Sweetney will continue to show he's got a great future.
-No idea about what to expect from Frank, Nazr or Dermarr ... probably up and down.
AUTOADVERT
It's a long series

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy