[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is a learning experience
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2004  10:25 AM
we arent the Lakers... heck, we arent even the Hornets. For me getting to the playoffs was important for a few reasons. We needed to change the losing atmosphere and get out of the lottery. We needed to make this place a desirable place to play again.
I should win 2 games, which would be a respectable showing against the 2 time defending conference champs. Heck, I *hope* we win the series but thats just the fan in me.

I'm looking at this as a learning experience.
So far after just one game we have learned...
That KMart is so far superior in every category to KT its not even funny.
That Sweetney is the best PF on our roster right now
That Penny still does have something in the tank and can make plays on both side of the ball
That Marbury cant carry a team, and you can take the ball out of his hands.
That Frank has balls. When Isiah turned down the Frank/Harrington for DMiles trade (DMiles being EXACTLY the kind of player Isiah was looking for) he only did so because he really saw something in Frank that he liked. Maybe we caught a glimpse of that last Sat.
That our saavy veterans were anything but. KT, Baker, Deke and Shandon shot a combined 3-20. Not so good.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
4/20/2004  5:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

we arent the Lakers... heck, we arent even the Hornets. For me getting to the playoffs was important for a few reasons. We needed to change the losing atmosphere and get out of the lottery. We needed to make this place a desirable place to play again.
I should win 2 games, which would be a respectable showing against the 2 time defending conference champs. Heck, I *hope* we win the series but thats just the fan in me.

I'm looking at this as a learning experience.
So far after just one game we have learned...
That KMart is so far superior in every category to KT its not even funny.
That Sweetney is the best PF on our roster right now
That Penny still does have something in the tank and can make plays on both side of the ball
That Marbury cant carry a team, and you can take the ball out of his hands.
That Frank has balls. When Isiah turned down the Frank/Harrington for DMiles trade (DMiles being EXACTLY the kind of player Isiah was looking for) he only did so because he really saw something in Frank that he liked. Maybe we caught a glimpse of that last Sat.
That our saavy veterans were anything but. KT, Baker, Deke and Shandon shot a combined 3-20. Not so good.

Way to say it fish. I'm pumped about the summer, and we haven't even got a 1st round draft pick. I can't wait till next season.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2004  10:15 PM
Mike stop trying to reel us in: this aint no learning experience, Knicks are getting punk'd on....... keep it real !
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
fishmike
USA
4/20/2004  10:59 PM
I'm not reeling you in. The Knicks have a long way to go and this is a good first step.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/21/2004  12:38 AM
I agree this is a good first step, this experience will go a long way for guys like Sweetney, frankie, dermarr and even steph..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/21/2004  7:18 AM
Posted by tkf:

I agree this is a good first step, this experience will go a long way for guys like Sweetney, frankie, dermarr and even steph..

Goddam, the experience will go a long way for fans like us.

I didn't really realize what a good team looked like, after watching the knicks for the last three years. How a good team acts in the playoffs. The Nets play a nasty, embarassing type of ball.

It's even more obvious now that men like Kurt Thomas and Shandon will never be what a legitimate contender needs.

Don't worry. Isaiah, and everyone else watching can tell exactly who to ship out.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/21/2004  8:17 AM
sure the nets are great, but you have to remember that they had their asses corretcly handled by other teams in the finals over the last 2 yrs.

I respect them for having bounced back every yr. Fish is right, we're brushing up the rust of this loosing atmosphere and now we have a real goal. We'll enter next season with the goal of being better, not just a little bit less painfull to watch.
MarvinX33
Member: #656
USA
4/21/2004  8:39 AM
And what about Rasheed? He was talking awfully large about becoming a Knick next year for the 5 million minimum. I'm sure he's quite happy where he is now, but he would be a great addition to this wimpy team of ours.
Starks is GOD
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2004  9:45 AM
Not to be down too much on Marbs, but the truth is while he is a great talent, he is perhaps just a "better Steve Francis" in that he can run, jump, and score, but is he a great player whom elevates those around him.

No doubt he has all the tangable tools, but he must start growing.

Great teams have stability, a purpose and an identity. The knicks need to build that.

I was very impressed with the Nets game. Great passing and hustle defense. I enjoyed watching them play more than I was frustrated with the knicks.

Kidd going 100 miles an hour was great to watch!

We gotted wooped up by a very good team. yes I agree, there were lessons to be learned.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/21/2004  10:34 AM
what i have learned from this experience is we need 2-3 high draft picks and 2 highly successful MLE buys--other than that almost every player on the knicks has been in a finals or conference finals. getting destroyed is alearning experience to show just how bad we are

we need quality speed size and athletiscm and a post player. wake me up in 5 years.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/21/2004  12:14 PM
"wake me up in 5 years."

You sure do a lot of sleep talking

zzz...zzz... must get Rahim
zzz...zzz... must get Flip Murray
zzz...zzz... must get Josh Smith
zzz...zzz...zzz...
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
4/21/2004  8:41 PM
Posted by TRU:

It's even more obvious now that men like Kurt Thomas and Shandon will never be what a legitimate contender needs.

Good point. High level play, and some of NY's players fold faster than a whooped husband. This is a good time for them to get washed out.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
4/22/2004  11:20 PM
i'm confident zeke will make some serious moves this offseason. look what he's done in a couple of months. sheed or a sheed(ish) player is needed. also an athletic 2, ah does'nt fit that script. too many times in games 1 and 2 i saw steph back on 'D' by himself. we need guys that can run on the break, defense or offense.
then, during the season he can do any tweeking to perfect our team. let's also hope he finds a coach that's better suited for our team. prefrably a defensive coach that will open his mouth. to me wilkens is a better version of chaney. (please let my dream come true.)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2004  11:39 PM
he can start by buying Shandon Anderson out
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/23/2004  4:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

That would be a strong message, like when he traded fatspoon.

No more punk here.
Armondaone
Member: #379
4/23/2004  7:47 AM
Posted by daddynel:

i'm confident zeke will make some serious moves this offseason. look what he's done in a couple of months. sheed or a sheed(ish) player is needed. also an athletic 2, ah does'nt fit that script. too many times in games 1 and 2 i saw steph back on 'D' by himself. we need guys that can run on the break, defense or offense.
then, during the season he can do any tweeking to perfect our team. let's also hope he finds a coach that's better suited for our team. prefrably a defensive coach that will open his mouth. to me wilkens is a better version of chaney. (please let my dream come true.)

what do you think about eddie jones?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/23/2004  8:11 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I'm wid you, brotha! This guy is a liability every time he touches the ball! I must scream "Anderson sux!" 3-5 times a game!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/23/2004  8:13 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Not to be down too much on Marbs, but the truth is while he is a great talent, he is perhaps just a "better Steve Francis" in that he can run, jump, and score, but is he a great player whom elevates those around him.

No doubt he has all the tangable tools, but he must start growing.

Isiah can help him grow by getting him SOMEBODY TO PASS TO!!!
(btw, anyone miss KVH?)
OminousEther
Member: #571
4/23/2004  9:17 AM
F*** KVH, he is no longer on our team, get over it.
This is a learning experience

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy