[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

anyone consider this trade
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2004  12:23 PM
i dont think so on the draft pick part. this team was going to make the playoffs regardless if we traded for marbury or not. the celtics were 10 games under and they made it--the best ball the knicks played all season was right before we traded for marbury. unfortunately FW got hurt--we lost a couple and then spiral to the trade. you know i would take that marbury trade back in minute and there is no way on this eart that i wouldve paid KT. remember before the season i said we should sign both demarr johnson and marquis daniels[either or] well before he signed with dallas laydumb was very very foolish giving vranes some kind of promise knowing we were hurting at the 2 G and that was just another knock on the laydumb resume.

laydumb made some just brutal moves, but he started to going in the right direction and he did take a worthy risk on mcdyess--which if it worked out wouldve meant laydumb was here for another 5 years. but you cant be a public figure in NY and act like an ahle especially with the weatherspoon andersen eisley harrington childs moves in the resume. he deserved to be canned but i wouldve liked if we got something in between isiah and laydumb.

you're right, not likely to trade marbury just because of the increase in viewership--but like anything else knick, they forget that acts can become old quick

i would trade marbury for arenas and their pick if i knew i could get josh smith even though arenas is much more of a 2G and a head case.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2004  1:07 PM
it would be much easier and plausable to trade for Utah's pick (who has two) and make a handshake deal with JR Smith (the kid from NJ), even if it costs us Nazr and one of our #2's to do it.

We could always sign guys like Adonal Foyal and Doleac as stop gap players, especially if Sweetney continues to show he's growing into real beast in the post. They your moving forward with Smith (who's got a Kobe, Vince game) Marbury: 27 years old. TT: 27 years old, Sweetney: 21 years old and Smith: 19 years old. Not to mention Dermaar and Frank coming off the bench (both 24)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/20/2004  1:32 PM
Briggs,

I was with you until you wrote:

"laydumb made some just brutal moves, but he started to going in the right direction and he did take a worthy risk on mcdyess"

Camby, and Nene (or even Staudamire/or Wilcox) for McDyess was a brutal move just like the others. Credit Layden for what he did right (a year too late), which was use the #9 pick in the draft wisely and also draft the best PG from the 2002 draft (still in the NBA).
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2004  7:12 PM
i started posting on knick message boards after i saw amare stoudemire play in person in patterson and on TV twice that year. i knew he was going to be a superstar and screamed all over the place for the knicks to take amare with the 9th pick. most people wanted caron butler nene dujaun wagner etc.. i was the only person who said draft amare.

BUT trading for Mcdyess was a calculated worthy risk

#1 because mcdyess was truly an elite superstar in the making and who knows what damage he wouldve yielded in the east. we got the 24 and 30th pick the following year which yielded lampe and FW and realistcially i think if they picked they were going to take jefferies which wouldve been the worst option. no i give laydumb some credit there for the blls and some craftiness by picking up 2 good draft picks which yielded good players.

ill say the same thing right now about josh smith--not to get mixed up with JR smith[although he is going to be a very very good 2G himself] Josh smith is going to be a superstar--write it down hes the best player in this draft and he will be right up there and possibly beyond lebron and carmelo by his third year. he needs 15 pounds but i havent seen a player like this since dominique, yet he also has incredible defensive skills and plays very hard. i would trade any knick for him, i would trade any four knicks for him by HIMSELF and build around him.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2004  10:58 PM
I can see Isiah going for JR Smith... I think he could go in the range tradable for a pick.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anyone consider this trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy